The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1

+7
NJBeatdown86
SlickMoney
powerpuncher
gomez1012
Groundhog
UBeeg9cats
GrantZilla
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:06 am

Who knows what the deal is? Lou gets ticked off anytime some1 mentions Pirog on twitter. Guessing he doesn't like his promoters.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:12 am

"F---- Dmitry Pirog. We're never fighting Dmitriy Pirog," DiBella howled like only he can. "That was our belt that [the WBO] stole from him and we're not fighting Dmitry Pirog, who has never done anything but beat Daniel Jacobs to deserve a big fight. F--- Dmitry Pirog."

And what the fuck has Bob Barker, I mean Darren Barker, done Lou!

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:13 am

Honestly, Dibella has seriously bungled the champ's career. He may as well have just made Martinez vs Manfredo. He would have gotten two of his fighters paid at once, and the American public have at least heard of Manfredo.

I can understand if Geale would rather face Mundine first. Good payday and decent interest domestically.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 pm

+1 C

I mean Manfredo will likely land Chumpez Jr bout but the MW Champ gets a Euro strap holder???
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:42 pm

HBO turned down Manfredo scratch scratch
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:53 pm

gomez1012 wrote:HBO turned down Manfredo scratch scratch

Barker is a better fighter than Manfredo, but that is strange considering Manfredo's name is already known in the States which would only help Martinez's profile. Barker is actually a pretty good fighter, this fight is way too early for him though but props to him for taking the fight

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 pm

dbudge wrote:

Barker is a better fighter than Manfredo, but that is strange considering Manfredo's name is already known in the States which would only help Martinez's profile. Barker is actually a pretty good fighter, this fight is way too early for him though but props to him for taking the fight
Fighting Bumfredo didn't help Calzaghe's career.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:07 pm

dbudge wrote:

Manfredo is a name and waaaaaaaaay bigger draw than Barker

I would take Bumfredo to KO Bumker today
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Barker is an unknown & hasn't embarrassed himself yet on a national stage. Manfredo has worn out his welcome. I don't think Martinez should waste his time, effort & talent an either one.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Barker is an unknown & hasn't embarrassed himself yet on a national stage. Manfredo has worn out his welcome. I don't think Martinez should waste his time, effort & talent an either one.

Agreed

MWs more deserving of the opportunity that HBO should of considered
MA Rubio, Pirog, Brian Vera, or even Ishida
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:55 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Manfredo is a name and waaaaaaaaay bigger draw than Barker

I would take Bumfredo to KO Bumker today

manfredo wouldn't beat Barker. manfredo genuinely does suck. Barker is a solid fighter, he just hasn't fought on your shores yet.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Chavez Jr has faced tougher foes than Bumker
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:36 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Chavez Jr has faced tougher foes than Bumker

yeh the difference being that Chavez Jr has mincy little mexican midget faggot balls and won't step up to the plate...... bitch

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:46 pm

yup

Have you seen Barker fight? I think he'll be Craig McEwan 2.0

Matchroom making a splash at the moment IMO, Froch, now Barker vs Martinez, Prizefighter doing well, watch out
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 pm

gomez1012 wrote:yup

Have you seen Barker fight? I think he'll be Craig McEwan 2.0

Matchroom making a splash at the moment IMO, Froch, now Barker vs Martinez, Prizefighter doing well, watch out

Eddie Hearn has been blessed with his father's contacts. his father Barry Hearn really knows the Sports entertainment business. Eddie seems like a genuine go-getter though and they definitely are making the right noises. i think they have seen the potential in the market and are willing to be innovative in an attempt to make their stable of fighters stars and put on shows that people remember.

Barker is better than McEwan, Barker isn't too bad at all. he's had a rough couple of years outside of the ring and he is getting back on track now. he is a genuinely well motivated guy that wants to be the best at what he does, his skills are pretty well polished. however, Martinez is a big step up way too soon for Barker. but you have to commend his appetite to succeed in my personal opinion, he's in a no pressure situation because he isn't expected to win. if he extends Martinez the full 12 then his stock will have been raised massively and if he is willing to go to that side of the pond for a shot against a guy as tough as Martinez after such a long lay off from a bad injury, then he will be the sort of guy willing to challenge himself against the best given the opportunity.

i hope Matchroom take Brook over there sooner than later. and btw Canelo vs Rhodes this weekend, can't wait to see the ginger get knocked out by baldilocks

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:16 pm

The Champ should only be fighting Top Ten ranked opponents.

It's a shame most of them want no part of him.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:24 pm

GrantZilla wrote:The Champ should only be fighting Top Ten ranked opponents.

It's a shame most of them want no part of him.

yeh i totally agree that the champ should only be fighting top 10s. but Macklin is top 10 and Barker is better than him for sure. Middleweight is a weak division in reality. and it doesn't help when any of the other top guys don't want to fight the champ. it's farcical really

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Barker bring some pop and aggression or else he's getting KTFO quick!

As for your boy Roadkill Rhodes dont worry, the gringo will get beheaded in Guadalajara Cartel style

your new avatar after Saturday night's destruction
UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDqMz-Fh9A2MPUE2YTY1lBUvlJmYERn1k1iZZpOktps38C-TOU

or maybe the one with him and his lady
UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1 - Page 2 Canelo2
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Barker bring some pop and aggression or else he's getting KTFO quick!

As for your boy Roadkill Rhodes dont worry, the gringo will get beheaded in Guadalajara Cartel style

your new avatar after Saturday night's destruction
UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDqMz-Fh9A2MPUE2YTY1lBUvlJmYERn1k1iZZpOktps38C-TOU

or maybe the one with him and his lady
UPDATE: Martinez will fight Darren Barker Oct. 1 - Page 2 Canelo2

shut up mate you're boring cyclops

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:35 pm

Like your Saturday night will be after Rhodes is carted off the ring
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:36 pm

That kid is not Mexican. He's Ron Howard's long lost son
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Like your Saturday night will be after Rhodes is carted off the ring

i'm not waiting up to watch a fight in Mexico. i'm pretty sure Sky haven't got it so i'll have to read about it the next day.. it will be like Jose Napoles vs John H Stracey all over again with Mexican hearts broken in their own land. i think Rhodes is going to shock the World come Saturday night, on a serious note though i really think this fight will catch alight and could be a potential FOTY

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:42 pm

What are the odds? Im sure Rhodes is a big dog, no action on him if your this high on him?

I think your overrating the guy, expecting him to get smoked, but we shall see

It will be on out here 6-7pm pacific time
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:54 pm

gomez1012 wrote:What are the odds? Im sure Rhodes is a big dog, no action on him if your this high on him?

I think your overrating the guy, expecting him to get smoked, but we shall see

It will be on out here 6-7pm pacific time

whats that compared to eastern time?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Pacific time is 3 hours behind eastern time: 6pm eastern is 3pm pacific

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next