The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Khan Vows Never To Fight For The IBF Ever Again

+7
kbyte
Soonermark890
powerpuncher
SlickMoney
dmar5143
gomez1012
GrantZilla
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UPDATE: Khan Vows Never To Fight For The IBF Ever Again Empty UPDATE: Khan Vows Never To Fight For The IBF Ever Again

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:44 am

The International Boxing Federation has set a tentative January 18 date for a hearing on the appeal of former IBF light welterweight champion Amir Khan against the decision in his controversial loss to Lamont Peterson last December 10.

IBF Championship Committee chairman Lindsey Tucker told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard “All of the issues brought up in the Appeal will be heard by a 3 member panel. Once both sides have presented all of their evidence, the panel will determine if there are grounds to order a re-match.”

Tucker said the IBF had received a “formal complaint from Golden Boy's attorney early last week. That complaint centered mainly on the points deducted by Referee Joe Cooper. The IBF decided that Cooper had the authority to deduct points if he determined it was warranted. On Monday night, Dec. 19, 2011 we received a request for an Appeal of the decision of the Khan vs. Peterson fight under Rule 12.1.A.”

12.A. refers to Grounds for Appeal. It states 1. Miscalculation of the score where the correct score would change the outcome of the fight;

2. Inappropriate conduct by the referee which is alleged to have affected the outcome of the fight;

3. Misconduct on the part of the judges or referee which is alleged to have had a material effect on the outcome of the fight;

4. Imposition of penalties under Rule 14; and

5. Any other alleged violation of the rules of the IBF/USBA that may have a detrimental effect on the rights of the complainant.

Khan’s earlier appeal against the two point deductions slapped on him by referee Joe Cooper was rejected. The British fighter had heavily criticized referee Cooper after the fight. However, in turning down the complaint about the referee Tucker had said they “found no discrepancies that would affect the outcome or the result of the fight.”

There have been indications that a rematch is likely to take place in 2012.

http://tinyurl.com/7b5u4kr

Give it up Khan. You're just making yourself look like a cry baby.

Last edited by GrantZilla on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Khan Vows Never To Fight For The IBF Ever Again Empty Re: UPDATE: Khan Vows Never To Fight For The IBF Ever Again

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:56 am

Amir just Khant let it go Evil or Very Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Khan Vows Never To Fight For The IBF Ever Again Empty Re: UPDATE: Khan Vows Never To Fight For The IBF Ever Again

Post  dmar5143 Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:09 pm

dispite everything i felt kahn won the fight.a tough hard fight.does he have a legit reason for a appeal..maybe..thats a maybe.every boxing writer and comentater and myself right after the fight stated the ref was awfull.still id advise him to leave it alone.improve on the shortcomings you had in that fight and move foward.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:42 pm

dmar5143 wrote:dispite everything i felt kahn won the fight.a tough hard fight.does he have a legit reason for a appeal..maybe..thats a maybe.every boxing writer and comentater and myself right after the fight stated the ref was awfull.still id advise him to leave it alone.improve on the shortcomings you had in that fight and move foward.

Khan pushed, was warned, got a point deducted, and pushed again. Ref did his job.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:00 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:dispite everything i felt kahn won the fight.a tough hard fight.does he have a legit reason for a appeal..maybe..thats a maybe.every boxing writer and comentater and myself right after the fight stated the ref was awfull.still id advise him to leave it alone.improve on the shortcomings you had in that fight and move foward.

Khan pushed, was warned, got a point deducted, and pushed again. Ref did his job.
+1

im tired of the ref getting hated on for being a good ref. whether or not most people thought that khan won doesnt matter. there are many more fights that have happened this year that were way worse decisions and not appealed.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:39 pm

the article here leaves out a few details that make the appeal somewhat justified..first the scorecards released by boxing rec is suspect.boxing rec revealed that they were photocopies of a scorecard NOT signed by an inspecter which may be protocal before any thing is announched.the scorecards were not copies of the master scorecards boxing rec implies..another point schaffer made is that one scorcard was missing for 48 hours after the fight.another point schaffer has made saying there is nothing in the rule books against pushing.even excessive pushing isnt a foul.no one has disputed thoses claims by shaffer to my knowledge..also golden boy has offered a million dollar minimum payday for a rematch.
finaly dan raphael several other sports writers s at ringside plus even some tv comentaters said the ref gave no final clear warning.saying keep your punches up or no pushing or no holding is not a warning.a warning is clear to everyone including the judges and folks watching the fight.this was lacking..
finaly the scorecards or so called scorecards shown were not signed by anyone.no judges no inspecter who signs off after retotaling the cards.with all that in mind there is good reason for an appeal.i wouldnt call kahn a crybaby after reviewing boxing recs article on the topic.the lenth of time for buffer to finaly give the results was perhaps the longest ive ever seen.what took so long.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:30 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

No he did not stop the action and give him a real warning.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:55 am

SlickMoney wrote:

100% agree. That ref was great. He let the fighters fight and wasn't constantly breaking them up and stopping the action. Khan did something illegal, was told to stop, kept doing it and so he had points taken. Great ref.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm

kbyte wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

100% agree. That ref was great. He let the fighters fight and wasn't constantly breaking them up and stopping the action. Khan did something illegal, was told to stop, kept doing it and so he had points taken. Great ref.
so many people say that the ref was terrible but still nobody has answered me why was he bad other than them disagreeing with the point deductions. if the point deductions were the only problem then he isnt a bad ref. he just did something that they dont agree with.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

No he did not stop the action and give him a real warning.

0:49 of the video. "Last warning, stop pushing"

And Khan kept pushing. Khan has to take responsibility for his own actions.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:52 pm

powerpuncher wrote:so many people say that the ref was terrible but still nobody has answered me why was he bad other than them disagreeing with the point deductions. if the point deductions were the only problem then he isnt a bad ref. he just did something that they dont agree with.
They wanna ignore facts and were blinded by HBO's bias.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:00 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:so many people say that the ref was terrible but still nobody has answered me why was he bad other than them disagreeing with the point deductions. if the point deductions were the only problem then he isnt a bad ref. he just did something that they dont agree with.
They wanna ignore facts and were blinded by HBO's bias.
I have never said he was a bad ref. He just didnt handle the foul the way most ref's would have. Khan was pushing no one is debating the fact that he did foul. The issue most people have is right before a point deduction of that nature you usually have a ref stop the action and give a clear warning and tell him I am going to take a point next time. But that didnt happen so thats what most people have an issue with.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I have never said he was a bad ref. He just didnt handle the foul the way most ref's would have. Khan was pushing no one is debating the fact that he did foul. The issue most people have is right before a point deduction of that nature you usually have a ref stop the action and give a clear warning and tell him I am going to take a point next time. But that didnt happen so thats what most people have an issue with.

He did that the first time. Then Khan kept pushing three to four more times, and got a point deduction.

There is no more need to get a warning after a point deduction. If the fighter does not realize after that if they continue doing it, they will get more points taken away, they are not very bright.

This is like Golota. He kept hitting Bowe's gonads after warnings and point deductions. Eventually getting the DQ.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:19 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I have never said he was a bad ref. He just didnt handle the foul the way most ref's would have. Khan was pushing no one is debating the fact that he did foul. The issue most people have is right before a point deduction of that nature you usually have a ref stop the action and give a clear warning and tell him I am going to take a point next time. But that didnt happen so thats what most people have an issue with.

He did that the first time. Then Khan kept pushing three to four more times, and got a point deduction.

There is no more need to get a warning after a point deduction. If the fighter does not realize after that if they continue doing it, they will get more points taken away, they are not very bright.

This is like Golota. He kept hitting Bowe's gonads after warnings and point deductions. Eventually getting the DQ.
I dont remember him stopping the action before the first point deduction? The second point deduction was khan's fault
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:56 am

Can't they just mandate a rematch? Flip the payouts and take it to England.

Khan shouldn't be looking to keep his belt on a technicality. Win your fights in the ring. It's why I never liked his decision to not get a rematch with Prescott. You don't prove anything by saying you're better than a guy who knocked you senseless.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:43 pm

I don't think Kahn should protest the decision. He lost. I do think that Roach needs to make it clear that Khan's habit of pushing Peterson off with his elbow is not a blatant illegal move and the ref clearly overreacted. Challenge Peterson to a rematch with another referee both camps are comfortable with. Pushing a fighter away aka Foreman or Hagler is not a big deal. I'm sure the Peterson camp would be reasonable in understanding this while searching for another official to cover the action.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 pm

if this decision gets overturned than i am officially the president of the "amir khan haters club." if he had a rematch a won convincingly then he would gain a lot more respect.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:04 pm

powerpuncher wrote:if this decision gets overturned than i am officially the president of the "amir khan haters club." if he had a rematch a won convincingly then he would gain a lot more respect.

It won't get over turned. People realy give the ABC belts more power han then they actually have. The fight was sanctioned in Washington, and so the Washington Athletic Commission are the ones that dictate the official results. The same way Cali held the official results for the Hops-Dawson ruling.

The best IBF could do is order an immidate rematch. Which Peterson can simply ditch the trinket if he doesn't want do it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:04 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

absolutely. couldnt agree more. khan had this fight to lose and thats exactly what he did with it. he has no grounds to complain. peterson adopted the right tactics and benefitted from it. khan gave his titles up

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Golden Boy Promotions has withdrawn its appeal of the IBF/WBA junior welterweight bout between Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson, which Peterson won by disputed split-decision.

"At approximately 4:50 PM, EST, the IBF received notice that Golden Boy Promotions withdrew their appeal of the Khan-Peterson bout," wrote IBF publicist Jeanette Salazar in an e-mail to RingTV.com.

"The hearing that was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled. We have not received any further information on this decision by Golden Boy Promotions."

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer said that he expressed concern to IBF President, Daryl Peoples, that the hearing was not going to offer Khan's side of the argument to be fairly expressed.

"It would have been a one-sided hearing where not all of the parties would have been there to tell the story. It would have been there to tell the story. It would have been a one-sided story. They were going to include only partial representation of the fight's officials at the proposed IBF hearing," said Schaefer.

"So we feel that it makes no sense to go forward, but to, instead, use the time and the energy to focus on Amir's next fight. So we have decided to withdraw from the hearing and to focus on Amir's next fight."

Salazar said the request was made by attorney Arnold Joseph on behalf of Golden Boy Promotions.

"For now, it's off, and they've withdrawn the appeal. We do not know if they will want to do it over again," said Salazar. "As of now, basically, what it means is that what was going to take place tomorrow is done."

When asked if Peterson will remain the IBF titleholder, Salazar said, "Absolutely."

The WBA has ordered a return bout and has granted Peterson 10 days from Jan. 14 to appeal the organization's mandate. Ameen was to address his actions at the IBF hearing.

"We are happy that we have been vindicated by the WBA's decision, which ordered an immediate rematch," said Schaefer. "We hope that Lamont Peterson will honor his earlier commitment where he stated that he would be happy to agree to a rematch."

http://tinyurl.com/7lqw4tt
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:54 am

Amir Khan Vows Never To Fight For The IBF Ever Again

AMIR KHAN says he will never fight in an IBF bout again after a hearing into his controversial defeat against Lamont Peterson was cancelled.

Khan’s camp withdrew their appeal at the 11th hour because they discovered the IBF was not going to hear evidence from all the officials who were involved in the world light-welterweight title clash.

Peterson took both the WBA and IBF belts on a split decision in his hometown of Washington last month.

The WBA had already ordered a rematch due to “multiple irregularities” after Khan complained about the referee, scorecards being changed and a mystery man at ringside. The Bolton fighter said: “I will never fight for the IBF again. WBA want an immediate rematch, so I’ll stick with that. But I do not want the IBF involved.”

But in a further twist last night, Peterson launched his own appeal against the WBA’s order for a rematch.

Meanwhile, the mystery man at ringside – Mustafa Ameen – has admitted he did help change a scorecard during the fight But he said he only did it because judge Michael Welsh was unwell.

Ameen said: “I noticed one error and a subsequent error. I assisted him in correcting it without touching anything. He (Welsh) said, ‘I’m not feeling well this evening’.”

http://tinyurl.com/6q4wxpn
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 am

What a complete pussy. Just fight the guy again. A Mere Con wasn't penalized for average pushing off with the gloves...he was using his forearms, repeatedly. The ref called him on it, so what. A bit of home cooking? Maybe, but he still allowed his opponent to keep it close enough to be a controversy. Just rematch the fucking guy and quit whining. What a bitch!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Khan's done himself no favors here, he spent those past couple years gaining momentum and has now tarnished it with childish complaining.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:02 pm

its good that he isnt fighting for a trinket anymore but its a bad reason for not doing it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Khan's done himself no favors here, he spent those past couple years gaining momentum and has now tarnished it with childish complaining.
I have not been able to read any of your posts for over a week because of bouncing tits. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next