The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Determined Boxers

+3
UBeeg9cats
Groundhog
Shaun
7 posters

Go down

Most Determined Boxers Empty Most Determined Boxers

Post  Shaun Sun May 15, 2011 7:23 am

Who would you say are the most determined active boxers right now?

I'm going with Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley. They always seem completely focused on accomplishing their goal.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Most Determined Boxers Empty Re: Most Determined Boxers

Post  Guest Sun May 15, 2011 7:59 am

Bernard Hopkins

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 15, 2011 8:27 am

Ali wrote:Bernard Hopkins

I'm going to have to disagree. I find Hopkins to be a phony. I do not find his ambitions to be as sincere as he portrays them to be. The reason I say that is from his performances against Jermaine Taylor and Joe Calzaghe. He could have won all three of those fights if he was truly Determined.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 15, 2011 8:31 am

shdavistx wrote:
Ali wrote:Bernard Hopkins

I'm going to have to disagree. I find Hopkins to be a phony. I do not find his ambitions to be as sincere as he portrays them to be. The reason I say that is from his performances against Jermaine Taylor and Joe Calzaghe. He could have won all three of those fights if he was truly Determined.

Hopkins is as determined in the ring as they come, there's a reason why he turned the Calzaghe fight ugly, he's not got the energy to fight at Calzaghe's pace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun May 15, 2011 8:50 am

Morales probably gave the gutsiest performance I've seen in some time

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 15, 2011 11:34 am

its hard to say but bradley no..his stuff on the kahn fight leaves everything to be desired.whats wrong with pac martinez marquez yep morales and others.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun May 15, 2011 11:42 am

I like the Hopkins pick. Getting off the deck twice in hostile territory at the age of 46 is impressive. Then all he did was school a fighter for the vast majority of the remaining rounds to earn a draw in which more people had him winning than losing. If you don't call that determined, I don't know what is. He is still a world class fighter at an age where few have dared to fight to. He has an absolutely dedicated approach by living a spartan lifestyle.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 15, 2011 11:47 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I like the Hopkins pick. Getting off the deck twice in hostile territory at the age of 46 is impressive. Then all he did was school a fighter for the vast majority of the remaining rounds to earn a draw in which more people had him winning than losing. If you don't call that determined, I don't know what is. He is still a world class fighter at an age where few have dared to fight to. He has an absolutely dedicated approach by living a spartan lifestyle.

A self proclaimed spartan lifestyle.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun May 15, 2011 7:11 pm

shdavistx wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I like the Hopkins pick. Getting off the deck twice in hostile territory at the age of 46 is impressive. Then all he did was school a fighter for the vast majority of the remaining rounds to earn a draw in which more people had him winning than losing. If you don't call that determined, I don't know what is. He is still a world class fighter at an age where few have dared to fight to. He has an absolutely dedicated approach by living a spartan lifestyle.

Actually anyone that has ever met, hung out, or trained with him. He doesn't do drugs or drink as well as stays at near fight weight between fights. These are well known facts which the weight is evident in any picture of Hopkins between fights.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Glen Johnson
Antonio Margarito
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun May 15, 2011 8:43 pm

It has to be Hopkins for how he's approached his career. I'll throw out Canelo as a determined guy. Just a hunch based on his age and temperament. He starts fast and delivers thorough beatings.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun May 15, 2011 9:42 pm

The thread reads "most determined fighter." Not the smartest, best or most realistic. That being the case, my vote goes to Evander Holyfield. Yes, he's killing himself and I'm 100 percent sure he should've retired years ago. Nevertheless, he's the most determined fighter I know of.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Frank wrote:The thread reads "most determined fighter." Not the smartest, best or most realistic. That being the case, my vote goes to Evander Holyfield. Yes, he's killing himself and I'm 100 percent sure he should've retired years ago. Nevertheless, he's the most determined fighter I know of.

Great call. Holy ain't stopping any time soon
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 16, 2011 9:01 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
shdavistx wrote:

Actually anyone that has ever met, hung out, or trained with him. He doesn't do drugs or drink as well as stays at near fight weight between fights. These are well known facts which the weight is evident in any picture of Hopkins between fights.

BHOP said that the reason he was able to stay at 160 for so long was he ran in between fights. Boxing writers have stated in the past that whenever they saw BHOP in between fights he did appear to be in great shape. The man may be a categorical racist, but I'd take his word that he took care of his body and stayed in shape.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Frank wrote:The thread reads "most determined fighter." Not the smartest, best or most realistic. That being the case, my vote goes to Evander Holyfield. Yes, he's killing himself and I'm 100 percent sure he should've retired years ago. Nevertheless, he's the most determined fighter I know of.

Great call. Holy ain't stopping any time soon

Yep. That's the right call.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down