The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broke Boxers

4 posters

Go down

Broke Boxers Empty Broke Boxers

Post  Frank Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:14 am

The following article is all too common within the history of boxing: NEW YORK -- Heavyweight boxer Shannon Briggs has sued his management company, claiming he has not been paid most of the $750,000 promised to him for last year's title bout against Vitali Klitschko that left him hospitalized.

When I have the time, I will dig up all the facts that I've heard about these types of matters and do some research to write a responsible article. Too many fighters end up broke and since boxing seems to be run by "Organized Crime", "Private Enterprises" etc, it's time to look at the fighters we're told are making a fortune only to look around and see them return to rags soon after their retirement.

Of course, lots of the fighters throw their money away. Then there are the ones that never got paid in the first place. Could this be the reason the sport is unattractive to a potential "Heavyweight Contender?"

Frank

Back to top Go down

Broke Boxers Empty Re: Broke Boxers

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:53 pm

What I don't understand is why a guy like Shannon Briggs lacks the business savvy to even be in a position like this. He's had a 20 year pro career and 59 fights, one would think he would be able to negotiate a deal that would deposit money directly to him and not through a third party. By the way seems that Shelly Finkel is involved so now I totally understand.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/briggs-files-major-lawsuit-73472
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:41 pm

if anyone ever earned a paycheck by taking a beating it was Briggs in that fight. That fight should have been stopped, rather than let him get bludgeoned round after round.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down