The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can boxers unionize?

2 posters

Go down

Can boxers unionize? Empty Can boxers unionize?

Post  Gumby Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm not sure what I'm exactly trying to say, but would it be in boxers best interest to join together and say we are only going to recognize X organization(s)?

If a group of popular fighter's came out and said," we only will recognize the RING rankings and belt, or only these sanctioning bodies," would that be good for the sport and their own interests?

I get the impression that HBO doesn't recognize anything so they can justify any fight they make. You don't have to worry about transparency if you do nothing.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Can boxers unionize? Empty Re: Can boxers unionize?

Post  Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:50 pm

gumby on all fairness to hbo and showtime they have shown several fights that no one has a belt..as long as the matchup looks good to them and its in there price range they will do it..
on the union thing or something like that i like the idea.i also not only like the idea of one ruling body worldwide i feel its a must to establish decent credibilty to the sport..
a union a federation of boxers world wide or whatever gives someone to actualy protect the boxers rights and or protect the boxer themselves..an idea l;ike that is worthwhile exploring and if it could be done then give it a try.
i also like the boxer and his management team to be able to freelance for one fight a year and for that one fight not to be obligated to any one promoter..maybe this could reduce the in house stuff many of us complain about..
and it could also bring back to life the regional and local promoter who has been put on the back shelf for years..it could be a way also to get back enthusiasm of the fight fans here in the usa..it can also eliminate possibly several negatives...
i dont know if the idea was ever considered before but this is the type of vision im talking about to move foward towards progress.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Sure they can. It's just a question of creating the union, appointing officers & deciding what the union will do for the dues they charge. Then it will be up to the fighters to join or not. The union could help make fights that need to be made.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down