The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore?

+6
captainanddew
boxinglawyer
dbudge
gomez1012
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore? Empty Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore?

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Maybe I'm in the minority. I value that above all else.

Or do you prefer fights to just move around dvisions and go after name opponents?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore? Empty Re: Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Sadly no fighters today outside Wladimir Klitschko care about cleaning out divisions, all they think about is cashing tv checks Mad

Back to top Go down

Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore? Empty Re: Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore?

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Ali wrote:Sadly no fighters today outside Wladimir Klitschko care about cleaning out divisions, all they think about is cashing tv checks Mad
Dude....now just exactly where in fucking hell is Wlad gonna go?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Ali wrote:Sadly no fighters today outside Wladimir Klitschko care about cleaning out divisions, all they think about is cashing tv checks Mad

True. And the Klits don't got much of a choice. Not like they can go to another division
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:45 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

Cruiserweight Wink

Sure Wladimir might not have any choice but to clean out the division but he actually wants to do it for his legacy, it means something to him unlike todays get rich quick kids.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Cruiserweight Wink

Sure Wladimir might not have any choice but to clean out the division but he actually wants to do it for his legacy, it means something to him unlike todays get rich quick kids.

Very true
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Cruiserweight Wink

Too many of these untested fighters jump around chasing the money and it gives me a headache.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:00 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Cruiserweight Wink

Too many of these untested fighters jump around chasing the money and it gives me a headache.

It gives me piles.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore? 9k=
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:45 pm

get that money, chase that paper!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:03 pm

So let me ask, if Floyd and Manny, who are #1 and 2 at Welter, did fight, but at say 150 catchweight, would it bug you?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:So let me ask, if Floyd and Manny, who are #1 and 2 at Welter, did fight, but at say 150 catchweight, would it bug you?

not at all
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:31 pm

I figured.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:35 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I figured.

why would it bother me?

I want to see them fight, they could fight at the Cruiserweight limit and Im still watching
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 pm

I think people, the general public and casual fan mostly, put too much stock in divsion hopping and multiple class belts. Holding down a division for a long period of time and CLEANING it out is more impressive imo. These days, an old out of shape man like me could find "champions" in two divisions that I could beat. heck, maybe even 3.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Jumping up in divisions because you can't make weight-understandable
Jumping up in divisions to chase a big payday when there are no big paydays in your division-understandable
Jumping up in divisions when there are big paydays in your own division-FUCKING STUPID.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:Jumping up in divisions because you can't make weight-understandable
Jumping up in divisions to chase a big payday when there are no big paydays in your division-understandable
Jumping up in divisions when there are big paydays in your own division-FUCKING STUPID.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:04 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
LMAO very true but he could be like Lennox Lewis (just for you Ali) and avoid a few guys until the lost or they were too old. Instead he has cleaned out the division.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:44 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:I figured.

why would it bother me?

I want to see them fight, they could fight at the Cruiserweight limit and Im still watching

I know that. But having it establish who The Man is at welter means more, atleast for me, than it being just a stupid catchweight fight.

Why I asked this. Getting to the point where, why even have divisions
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
I know that. But having it establish who The Man is at welter means more, atleast for me, than it being just a stupid catchweight fight.

Why I asked this. Getting to the point where, why even have divisions

Why is it stupid?

Its still the two best welterweights fighting, we know who the best are, if they decide to fight north of the limit like Joe Dirt would say 'it dont bother me none"

If they fight 175, it isnt going to make them the best light heavyweights, why sweat it

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 pm

gomez the real question was would you watch the fight at 150 or lets say 149 if pac and floyd fought..especialy if thats the only way the fight could get done..yes we both would watch it along with 2-3 million ppv buyers who would say yes.in this case the fights bigger then any belt and title.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm

dmar5143 wrote:gomez the real question was would you watch the fight at 150 or lets say 149 if pac and floyd fought..especialy if thats the only way the fight could get done..yes we both would watch it along with 2-3 million ppv buyers who would say yes.in this case the fights bigger then any belt and title.

Idiot logic Dmare. So because millions watch Chavez Jr, that's suppose to mean something. Casual fan doesn't know any better. But it'd be like the two best teams not playing in the Super Bowl, but some agreed upon scrimmage match

Last edited by GrantZilla on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 pm

grant i dont understand what you mean.the pac -floyd fight will draw 2-3 million ppv buyers even at 149 or 150 pounds i said.now in that total theres a lot of hardcore boxing fans that will watch that fight and many of them will do it with 3 or 4 other friends at there house.now we knock a casual fan.he doesnt know anything..got news for you i know a few casual boxing fans that know there stuff.again a knock on casual fans.then if so why the heck do you keep complaing and bitching that hbo and others cant get the casual fan to watch.you say you want to expand boxings fans to the casual base yet dismiss them as ignorant and who cares what they think..another example of mr negative.if the casual fan gets excited about any fight thats a plus.like i said before instead of complaing 90 percent of the time just dont watch the fight.and lets not make casual fans watch the fights for there ignorant.great way to promote the expansion of boxings fan base..

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 pm

It doesn't matter as much because the idea of jumping divisions seems like taking on a bigger challenge. Also, it's much harder to schedule fights with other top fighters. The other part of it is that guys cut a lot more weight now so they can't stay in one division for a whole career. I personally prefer to see guys clean out divisions, but I don't see it happening too often in the future.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 am

This question is for us hardcore fans that make up this board. Bringing up casual fans is irrelivant and stupid.

Casual fans will get Pac-Mayweather because both are the biggest names in boxing. That's it.

I will say boxing is in trouble when not even hardcore fans even care about fighters dominating a division and becoming clear cut Champion. Not talking trinkets here. I'm talking the People's Champion. Like Martinez at Middle. Like Pascal at Light HW.

This is why UFC is thriving. I'm not even a UFC fan and I know who most of the UFC Champions are.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next