The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore?

+6
captainanddew
boxinglawyer
dbudge
gomez1012
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore?

Post  powerpuncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:40 am

ive always said this same thing. this is why i said that i would have rather had pac stay down in weight longer rather than going from 135 for one fight then 140 then 147. there were people for him to fight at lower weights that i think would have been good competition. jumping weights creates too many scenarios to where you can hand pick a fight rather than truly fighting the best.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does dominating and cleaning out a division matter anymore?

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:57 am

powerpuncher wrote:ive always said this same thing. this is why i said that i would have rather had pac stay down in weight longer rather than going from 135 for one fight then 140 then 147. there were people for him to fight at lower weights that i think would have been good competition. jumping weights creates too many scenarios to where you can hand pick a fight rather than truly fighting the best.

I agree
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:42 pm

I just want the most interesting fights to be made. If fighters have to move to different weight classes to do it then thats fine by me.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:03 pm

powerpuncher wrote:ive always said this same thing. this is why i said that i would have rather had pac stay down in weight longer rather than going from 135 for one fight then 140 then 147. there were people for him to fight at lower weights that i think would have been good competition. jumping weights creates too many scenarios to where you can hand pick a fight rather than truly fighting the best.

just to be technical he went 135 to 147 and then back to 140. He never would have moved down to 140 for the one fight if Hatton wasn't a big name that would make him alot of money. If 140 was ruled by Timothy Bradley or someone of that name recognition then I doubt that he would have ever fought at 140.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:19 pm

captainanddew wrote:

just to be technical he went 135 to 147 and then back to 140. He never would have moved down to 140 for the one fight if Hatton wasn't a big name that would make him alot of money. If 140 was ruled by Timothy Bradley or someone of that name recognition then I doubt that he would have ever fought at 140.
but thats the problem. i think that he should fight fighters like bradley and not just skip them. i think that it would be better. ive said this long ago but i believe that pac has more problems with smaller fighters because of the speed factor. at a higher weight he is so much faster but smaller weights its a little more equalized.

im not saying that he wouldnt have beaten all of those fighters at the lower weights but i truly believe that he would have had some tougher fights.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:04 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: I think people, the general public and casual fan mostly, put too much stock in divsion hopping and multiple class belts. Holding down a division for a long period of time and CLEANING it out is more impressive imo. These days, an old out of shape man like me could find "champions" in two divisions that I could beat. heck, maybe even 3.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2