The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito

+5
flapanther2001
captainanddew
Tobe
Soonermark890
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito Empty Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:08 pm

@danrafaelespn If Manny beats Margarito & Mayweather fight still can't be made, Bob Arum named 3 possible opponents to me: Mosley, Marquez, Cotto rematch

Bob Arum really has no interest in making the right fights for boxing at this stage Mad

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito Empty Re: Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito

Post  gomez1012 Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Its about $$$$$$$$$ with the PacMan now

Mosley and Marquez are it after Mayweather

Let Bradley/Alexander/Khan/Maidana/Ortiz sort out 140

Let Andre Berto beat Freddy Hernandez and maybe rematch Collazo
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito Empty Re: Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Mosley is done, he'll be wrecked by Manny at this stage.

Marquez has no business above lightweight, he's at his limit there.

I'd be happy to see Manny face Berto,Williams or Martinez.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Ali wrote:Mosley is done, he'll be wrecked by Manny at this stage.

Be happy with what BobFather gives you
Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito Bob%20arum
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:32 pm

lol pity nobody captured Arum giving Dan the finger.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:36 pm

That would of been classic

I dont mind Mosley, im sure that would happen at 147, be fun while it lasts

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:36 pm

I would say who ever comes out of the 140 is who he should fight. Probably Bradley. I dont think he should fight Khan because of the Roach thing. Also I dont know if Khan could handle him. After that I would like to see him fight JMM again.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:40 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:Mosley is done, he'll be wrecked by Manny at this stage.

Be happy with what BobFather gives you
Manny Pacquiao's next opponent after Margarito Bob%20arum

^ Great pic! Don Arum-ione Laughing
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:40 pm

gomez1012 wrote:That would of been classic

I dont mind Mosley, im sure that would happen at 147, be fun while it lasts

I would've agreed with you prior to the Mora fight, yes Manny is a whole different fighter to Mora but Shane's performance showed alot of signs of decline.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:00 pm

If Manny wins I haven't seen anything that indicates he's moving back down (unfortunately). I also don't see any important (from a legacy perspective) fights at 147.

So I guess two choices. Get Bradley or Kahn/Maidana or Alexander to move up to face Manny (that whole concept just seems weird)

OR

Manny tries something galactically daring and challenges the PW/Sergio winner to try to vault his legacy from the Tony Canzoneri area to the Mickey Walker area

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:36 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:If Manny wins I haven't seen anything that indicates he's moving back down (unfortunately). I also don't see any important (from a legacy perspective) fights at 147.

So I guess two choices. Get Bradley or Kahn/Maidana or Alexander to move up to face Manny (that whole concept just seems weird)

OR

Manny tries something galactically daring and challenges the PW/Sergio winner to try to vault his legacy from the Tony Canzoneri area to the Mickey Walker area

Mosley looked to be fading very fast in the Mayweather and Mora fights. As Ali stated (and others have screamed for a while); Marquez shouldn't be above 135. His body just doesn't carry anything beyond that too well.

What would change in a Cotto rematch? Cotto hit Manny with some decent shots in the first few rounds, but Manny stood up to them.

go for the gusto with PW vs sergio winner- and retire afterwards. If you lose, who cares!!! You are fighting well above your natural fighting weight and are trying to do something amazing.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:41 pm

If I had my choice, Marquez Trilogy would be next win or lose Saturday night

Wins, obviously a Floyd fight would be the biggest but I really doubt it happens

I dont mind Mosley fight, Id rather see a #1 guy come out of the bunch of 140 lb'ers
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Ali wrote:
I would've agreed with you prior to the Mora fight, yes Manny is a whole different fighter to Mora but Shane's performance showed alot of signs of decline.

In Shame's defense the fight was at 154 where he's never looked good Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 pm

By his next fight the 140 guys wont be ready will they? I mean they all have to fight each other first right? So the 140 guys would be in like 2 fights.
SO right now
next fight JMM
then after that 140 winner.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 pm

If he's alive after the Margo fight, final fight of his career at 140 vs. JMM.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:49 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:If he's alive after the Margo fight, final fight of his career at 140 vs. JMM.
Not a bad way to go out beating margo and JMM. I would rather him fight 3 more but hey cant complain he is a great fighter and he has given us a ton of great fights.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Marquez might not even get past Katsidis, that's going to be one tough grueling fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:19 pm

At this point, I don't think it matters who Manny fights. As long as it's a legitimate contender, he'll fill the house and continue to break PPV records. Everyone has seen Mayweather ruin the fight of the century so he's out of the picture. Berto? Bradly comes up in weight? Somebody we've never heard of? Doesn't matter. Right now, Pac is the hottest commodity boxing's had in a very long time.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah but throwing Manny in with a shot Mosley, blown up Marquez or giving us a pointless Cotto rematch doesn't help the sport.

The casual fans want Flod, the hardcore fans want Bradley or Williams, the media wants Flod.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Ali wrote:Yeah but throwing Manny in with a shot Mosley, blown up Marquez or giving us a pointless Cotto rematch doesn't help the sport.

The casual fans want Flod, the hardcore fans want Bradley or Williams, the media wants Flod.
I want JMM, Bradley, Berto, or Maidana. I dont want Williams. He really might be way too big for Manny. First time I have said that BTW.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:59 pm

I wouldn't mind JMM as long as it was under 140...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:52 pm

a mosley fight to me is disgusting..ditto marquez..a cotto rematch at 154 to unify a belt maybe..i much rather see berto or at 144 the winner of bradley alexander..id like to see floyd left out in the cold..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:00 pm

dmar5143 wrote:a mosley fight to me is disgusting..ditto marquez..a cotto rematch at 154 to unify a belt maybe..i much rather see berto or at 144 the winner of bradley alexander..id like to see floyd left out in the cold..
Hell yeah. I agree.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Canvas wrote:I wouldn't mind JMM as long as it was under 140...

That will never happen, Freddie doesn't like dealing with Manny when he has to lose weight, Manny can be a real moody little diva if he has to miss a meal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:29 pm

@danrafaelespn Arum said at dinner he'd be interested in making Pacquiao vs. the Devon Alexander-Timothy Bradley winner for Pacquiao's fall 2011 fight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next