The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final thoughts on Pacquiao vs. Margarito

2 posters

Go down

Final thoughts on Pacquiao vs. Margarito Empty Final thoughts on Pacquiao vs. Margarito

Post  Frank Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:48 pm

1.Pac is probably the greatest fighter I’ve ever seen. The only question remaining is if someone will run the next time he slaps his gloves together.

2.I hope Margo isn’t superstitious.

3.Antonio Margarito will never be the same again. That said, he deserves respect for the brave and exciting show he put on. It should be said that he’s a world class fighter.

4.Yes, as we all finally know, Teddy Atlas is mentally challenged.

5.All the great welters of the 80’s are saying to themselves, “I would’ve killed Pac.” Thank God for them they fought in different eras.

6.It’s great that everyone on the board seems to like Pac. Believe me, he’ll never come again.

7.Is it just me, or was someone else cringing while expecting horrible news from Margo’s hospital room?

8.Aaron Pryor vs. Manny Paquiao would’ve been the most exciting rivalry in the history of the JW or WW division.

9.Somehow, Pac vs. Margo reminded me of “Muhammad Ali vs. Ernie Terrell.”

10.Is Pac merciful since becoming a congressman? If so, it won’t last, especially if he loses the next election.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Final thoughts on Pacquiao vs. Margarito Empty Re: Final thoughts on Pacquiao vs. Margarito

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:54 pm

My only dispute is with number 5.

If Margarito could hurt Manny? Tommy Hearns and Ray Leonard would have absolutely drilled him.

Back to top Go down

Final thoughts on Pacquiao vs. Margarito Empty Re: Final thoughts on Pacquiao vs. Margarito

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm salivating at the thought of Pac vs Pryor.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:13 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:My only dispute is with number 5.

If Margarito could hurt Manny? Tommy Hearns and Ray Leonard would have absolutely drilled him.

Tommy and Ray are two different fighters. A:Tommy KO2 Duran: B:Ray goes to war with Duran in Montreal and loses one of the greatest fights I've ever seen. Duran quits in the 2nd fight, however it was competitive up to that point. The words, Tommy and Ray don't go together to well if we're talking about fight results. It's almost like comparing Foreman and Ali and stating that Joe Frazier wouldn't do well against any of them.

Manny would've had to find a way to stay away from Tommy in the first 3 to 5 rounds. Could he have done it? We'll never know. I do know that if he found a way to get to Hearns, Tommy could not have taken half the beating Margarito did.

Ray Leonard fought according to the level of the game. However, he would have had to deal with a combination of speed, power, brains and determination that may've been greater then Roberto Duran's. No, Manny would never say "No Mas." I think these two would've made a great fight and since they're two of my fav fighters, I won't attempt to pick a winnner.

Marble bought up two very good questions. Could anyone see why a lot of us are very frustrated that Floyd is scared to step in the ring against Manny?? It would go a very long way to wiping out a great deal of doubt related to Manny's success against the great WW's of the past.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:My only dispute is with number 5.

Tommy and Ray are two different fighters. A:Tommy KO2 Duran: B:Ray goes to war with Duran in Montreal and loses one of the greatest fights I've ever seen. Duran quits in the 2nd fight, however it was competitive up to that point. The words, Tommy and Ray don't go together to well if we're talking about fight results. It's almost like comparing Foreman and Ali and stating that Joe Frazier wouldn't do well against any of them.

Manny would've had to find a way to stay away from Tommy in the first 3 to 5 rounds. Could he have done it? We'll never know. I do know that if he found a way to get to Hearns, Tommy could not have taken half the beating Margarito did.

Ray Leonard fought according to the level of the game. However, he would have had to deal with a combination of speed, power, brains and determination that may've been greater then Roberto Duran's. No, Manny would never say "No Mas." I think these two would've made a great fight and since they're two of my fav fighters, I won't attempt to pick a winnner.

Marble bought up two very good questions. Could anyone see why a lot of us are very frustrated that Floyd is scared to step in the ring against Manny?? It would go a very long way to wiping out a great deal of doubt related to Manny's success against the great WW's of the past.

What Ray and Tommy share is they were MONSTROUS punchers. Both destroyed ranked MIDDLEWEIGHTS! They also share great size and reach for welters. I think Manny is a prohibitive underdog in both of those fights. I'm not insulting the guy.

Three years ago the idea that I would have favored Manny over great welters like Jose Napoles, Carmen Basilio, Emile Griffith and Barney Ross would have seemed just insane. Today? Not so much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum