The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik hurt, withdraws from Vera fight

+3
Frank
Soonermark890
gomez1012
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pavlik hurt, withdraws from Vera fight Empty Pavlik hurt, withdraws from Vera fight

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:40 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=32405

Former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik has suffered a rib injury in training and notified the necessary parties that he is unable to move forward with his scheduled fight with Brian Vera on the Manny Pacquiao-Antonio Margarito card on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Texas. Pavlik was going to face Vera at a catch-weight of 164-pounds in what might have been a springboard to a March HBO showdown with IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute. Canadian scribe Angel Fernandez first reported the story on Pavlik's injury.

Legit injury?

Im thinking something bigger came up and he's not going to risk it fighting Vera

Lets see what happens...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Pavlik hurt, withdraws from Vera fight Empty Re: Pavlik hurt, withdraws from Vera fight

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:42 pm

FUCK!!! I am going to that fight. Wonder who the replacement will be.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pavlik hurt, withdraws from Vera fight Empty Re: Pavlik hurt, withdraws from Vera fight

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:45 pm

He has become such an unreliable guy. It's too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:He has become such an unreliable guy. It's too bad.
Agreed. He needs to handle what ever problem he has or retire. I like Pavlik, but this is not the way a man acts who wants to regain his title.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:53 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:He has become such an unreliable guy. It's too bad.

yep

If its a legit injury, wow...just bad!

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Kelly's manager seems really ticked off by the news

"I don't know exactly what happened, but I was told by [trainer] Jack Loew that he had a rib injury a few days ago and might not be able to fight, and then he confirmed it to me (Monday) morning," Dunkin said. "I'm heartbroken, I'm devastated, I'm sick to my stomach.

"This was such a great opportunity for Kelly, to be at Cowboys Stadium in front of who knows how many fans in a fun fight on a great show, a great event. I could go on and on."
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:01 pm

He is now officially on my fuckyoushitlist!!!! Evil or Very Mad
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:05 pm

I know it's old news my views on this stuff but THIS is the kind of thing that being inactive causes. STAYING in shape is far easier, far less risky and far more effective than GETTING in shape.

THIS is a great example why fighters should ALWAYS be in the gym, should ALWAYS be running etc. They don't have to be sparring, but a fighter should not go more than a week or two after a fight before beginning the process again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:41 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I know it's old news my views on this stuff but THIS is the kind of thing that being inactive causes. STAYING in shape is far easier, far less risky and far more effective than GETTING in shape.

THIS is a great example why fighters should ALWAYS be in the gym, should ALWAYS be running etc. They don't have to be sparring, but a fighter should not go more than a week or two after a fight before beginning the process again.
...i agree...the last year or so it shattered the record for cancelled fights for one reason or another.hurt his rib..if its not broken you fight.candyasses

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I say it's legit, because Kelly was looking extremely upbeat at the press conference.

Rib injuries happen in training, even Flod's been prone to them.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Ali wrote:I say it's legit, because Kelly was looking extremely upbeat at the press conference.

Please tell me you DONT believe that
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:I say it's legit, because Kelly was looking extremely upbeat at the press conference.

Please tell me you DONT believe that

It was real, the Irish kid was boasting to the media about it over here. Plus Flod kept protecting it in training.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Ight...

Back to KP, dude goes home, gets hurt...

Why do they let him go back there? He's done nothing but kill his career in his hometown

Trainer Jack Loew also addressed the issue with ESPN.com, saying, "Since we've been back [in Pavlik's hometown of Youngstown, Ohio, from training camp in Pennsylvania], I have not seen Kelly do anything wrong ... In camp, I was with him 24 hours a day. Now that we are back, I'm not."

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:09 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I know it's old news my views on this stuff but THIS is the kind of thing that being inactive causes. STAYING in shape is far easier, far less risky and far more effective than GETTING in shape.

One would think that after the education that B-Hop gave him, he would've learned this by now.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 pm

he needs a complete change. New trainer, new management, etc.... He can't go on getting injured, not fighting, not improving. Such a waste.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:he needs a complete change. New trainer, new management, etc.... He can't go on getting injured, not fighting, not improving. Such a waste.

Ban him from Youngstown
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Well fellas, seems like the true story here is Kelly being a damn drunk

Sounds like he's off the wagon and needs help...

A very reliable source confirms this to me
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Pavlik could've been huge. And he threw it all away. I honestly don't think it matters anymore because I don't think he's an elite fighter in any weight class anymore.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Well fellas, seems like the true story here is Kelly being a damn drunk

Sounds like he's off the wagon and needs help...

A very reliable source confirms this to me
..thats a shame..hes career is over unless he gets help to save himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:31 pm

I am confused by this now, so did Kelly injure himself during training or did he damage it after training somewhere in Youngstown ?

If it's the latter I wouldn't be surprised to see Arum drop Pavlik from his stable.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Ali wrote:I am confused by this now, so did Kelly injure himself during training or did he damage it after training somewhere in Youngstown ?

If it's the latter I wouldn't be surprised to see Arum drop Pavlik from his stable.

The claim is rib injury, but my buddy told me he's too damn drunk to fight next weekend

Once he went back home...all downhill
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:02 pm

I've heard rumors of this drink problem before, the question I want to ask is why the fuck isn't Cameron Dunkin intervening ? he should be arranging for Kelly to get away from that area and all the bad influences it presents.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Ali wrote:I've heard rumors of this drink problem before, the question I want to ask is why the fuck isn't Cameron Dunkin intervening ? he should be arranging for Kelly to get away from that area and all the bad influences it presents.

No question, ban him from Youngstown and have his training camp in Finland
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:33 pm

ali training should of not been concluded some 2 weeks before the fight..either he was drinking heavy during training and the team looked for an out or he fell down drunk damaging a rib..i agree arum will look at this very seriously and may drop kelly..
he needs to get honest with himself and go on a 12 step program before any solid effert to return to the ring..i like kelly as a person but youngstown is not the problem..its kelly and his addiction.thay follows him everywhere untill he fights it with treatment or AA.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:34 pm

gomez lol finland.the highest depression rate in the world and one of the 3 highest rates on alcoholism..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next