The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macklin withdraws from Gevor fight

3 posters

Go down

Macklin withdraws from Gevor fight Empty Macklin withdraws from Gevor fight

Post  dbudge Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Macklin is citing contract issues. he is fast becoming a fucking joke. he thinks he is a big shot already. i remember seeing him get KO'd in a war with Moore and he hasn't really done anything of note since. fuck Macklin, i don't rate him anyway

http://www.boxingscene.com/matthew-macklin-withdraws-from-khoren-gevor-bout--37622

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Macklin withdraws from Gevor fight Empty Re: Macklin withdraws from Gevor fight

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Typical modern boxer. "I'm so and so...Pay Me!"

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:13 pm

Ive seen Macklin once, on the Warren's Super 7 card or whatever and he looked terrible. Slow, no d, and little pop

vs Varon, took a beating in the win

My buddy was telling he was going to bet big on Winky before he got injured lol

Macklin withdraws from Gevor fight 5253458421_f14f81243d
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 pm

here we go again..lol you just discovered contract issues AFTER you agreed and signed for the fight.disgusting.why its a miracle theses guys fight at the torrid pace of twice or three times a year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Weird, when Macklin was on Ringside last week he seemed excited about the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:08 pm

According to ESB Macklin's going straight into a Sturm or Sylvester fight, if that's the case I don't get why dbudge is pissed.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:16 pm

Ali wrote:According to ESB Macklin's going straight into a Sturm or Sylvester fight, if that's the case I don't get why dbudge is pissed.

Isnt Sturm rumored to be facing someone else already?

Sylvester would be an even matched affair
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:18 pm

Who is this Sturm guy you speak of?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:According to ESB Macklin's going straight into a Sturm or Sylvester fight, if that's the case I don't get why dbudge is pissed.

Isnt Sturm rumored to be facing someone else already?

Sylvester would be an even matched affair

I've read on virus scene Manfredo was in the running to face Sturm in June, then I read later he was going to face another tomato can. On Boxrec he's got nothing on his schedule so maybe Macklin's got lucky.

Syvlester is facing Daniel Geale next.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Macklin gets abused by Sturm

He'll rearrange his face with the jab
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:17 am

Macklin really isn't that good. he could have still faced Sturm after the bum he was due to fight next week. i don't see why Sky Sports are so hyped up about Macklin, he talks a lot and then pulls out of fights. his really done nothing. on Gomez's point about Macklin's last outing, i agree that he looked awful. in my eyes he got a gift that night. i just don't see where Macklin's talent is supposed to be. other than he takes hidings everytime he fights. if you sign a contract then you honour it. if he was contracted to fight for Frank Warren then he shouldn't be negotiating with Hatton Promotions. Macklin is a fucking mess-around. what about all the fans that have bought tickets to see him on the show?? Macklin is a total prick that thinks he is better than he really is

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Dan Rafael (2:00 PM)

Bat Email! Heard from Richard Schaefer confirming that Macklin pulled out of the April 16 fight against Gevor and has been offered a shot at Sturm this summer.

Sturm vs Macklin

Easy $$$ for Felix
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:13 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Bat Email! Heard from Richard Schaefer confirming that Macklin pulled out of the April 16 fight against Gevor and has been offered a shot at Sturm this summer.

Sturm vs Macklin

Easy $$$ for Felix

yep. and i bet they promote this as a really important and meaningful fight. sturm needs to man up and fight Martinez, or stop pretending to be a champion

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:08 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Sturm vs Macklin

Easy $$$ for Felix

Good for Macklin, he might not be anything special but he deserves the fight.

Plus at least Sturm is facing a live opponent instead of another obscure tomato can.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:09 pm

dbudge wrote:Macklin really isn't that good. he could have still faced Sturm after the bum he was due to fight next week. i don't see why Sky Sports are so hyped up about Macklin, he talks a lot and then pulls out of fights. his really done nothing. on Gomez's point about Macklin's last outing, i agree that he looked awful. in my eyes he got a gift that night. i just don't see where Macklin's talent is supposed to be. other than he takes hidings everytime he fights. if you sign a contract then you honour it. if he was contracted to fight for Frank Warren then he shouldn't be negotiating with Hatton Promotions. Macklin is a fucking mess-around. what about all the fans that have bought tickets to see him on the show?? Macklin is a total prick that thinks he is better than he really is

Gevor isn't a bum.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Ali wrote:

Plus at least Sturm is facing a live opponent instead of another obscure tomato can.

Id consider Macklin a can, but not obscure
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:34 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Id consider Macklin a can, but not obscure

That's harsh, Macklin is a top ten Middleweight.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Ali wrote:

No that is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:13 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

No that is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No

#5 in the Ring rankings.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Ali wrote:
#5 in the Ring rankings.

Sad

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:42 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:
#5 in the Ring rankings.

Sad

Yeah the division is pretty weak at the moment, but Macklin is a respectable opponent. Especially for Sturm.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Sturm's standards yes....

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:31 am

Ali wrote:
dbudge wrote:Macklin really isn't that good. he could have still faced Sturm after the bum he was due to fight next week. i don't see why Sky Sports are so hyped up about Macklin, he talks a lot and then pulls out of fights. his really done nothing. on Gomez's point about Macklin's last outing, i agree that he looked awful. in my eyes he got a gift that night. i just don't see where Macklin's talent is supposed to be. other than he takes hidings everytime he fights. if you sign a contract then you honour it. if he was contracted to fight for Frank Warren then he shouldn't be negotiating with Hatton Promotions. Macklin is a fucking mess-around. what about all the fans that have bought tickets to see him on the show?? Macklin is a total prick that thinks he is better than he really is

Gevor isn't a bum.

Gevor is European level at very best. he is a bum. check out Abraham vs Gevor. Abraham killed him. Abraham outboxed him all night, never a good sign of things when that happens. Gevor really is nothing special and neither is Macklin. Macklin seems to think that because he used to walk around in Hatton's shadow at the big shows that that is the level which he is on. Macklin got a gift last time out, got destroyed by Moore at 154lb and he just really isn't all he is being cranked up to be. even if he beats Sturm, which he won't because he will his head boxed off, could you imagine how much fun a fighter like Sergio would have with that stationary head??? Macklin has done nothing to deserve a World Title shot, he hasn't even proved he is the best in this country first. i think Barker would box his head off as well, if the 2 of them could get somebody to change their tampons for them and get them in the ring

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:33 am

dbudge wrote:
Ali wrote:

Gevor isn't a bum.

Gevor is European level at very best. he is a bum. check out Abraham vs Gevor. Abraham killed him. Abraham outboxed him all night, never a good sign of things when that happens. Gevor really is nothing special and neither is Macklin. Macklin seems to think that because he used to walk around in Hatton's shadow at the big shows that that is the level which he is on. Macklin got a gift last time out, got destroyed by Moore at 154lb and he just really isn't all he is being cranked up to be. even if he beats Sturm, which he won't because he will his head boxed off, could you imagine how much fun a fighter like Sergio would have with that stationary head??? Macklin has done nothing to deserve a World Title shot, he hasn't even proved he is the best in this country first. i think Barker would box his head off as well, if the 2 of them could get somebody to change their tampons for them and get them in the ring

No

Michael Jennings is what I would classify as a bum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down