The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik wants to fight again

5 posters

Go down

Pavlik wants to fight again Empty Pavlik wants to fight again

Post  GrantZilla Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:48 am

Kelly Pavlik seeking another chance

Nearly two months have passed since former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik, on the comeback trail after a stint in alcohol rehab earlier this year, bailed on a "ShoBox" fight against Darryl Cunningham the week of the bout in a stunningly unprofessional move.

According to Top Rank and manager Cameron Dunkin, they've had no communication with Pavlik since -- until last week.

That's when Dunkin, who has worked with Pavlik for his entire professional career, said Pavlik called him.

"I had a great talk with him," Dunkin told me the other day. "He called and said, 'Listen Cameron, I want to fight, I really want to get back into this. I want to kick some ass. I want to fight and get out of town and go to training camp somewhere.'"

Dunkin said Pavlik apologized for his "horrible decisions" and said, "I will fight for $10,000 -- it's not about money. I really want to do this."

Dunkin said he was excited to hear Pavlik talk with the kind of hunger he hadn't sensed from the fighter in quite some time.

"He said, 'I know I've made some mistakes, I know I f----- up,'" Dunkin said. "And then he goes, 'I just want to fight.'"

Dunkin relayed the conversation to Top Rank president Todd duBoef, who suggested that Pavlik, trainer Jack Loew and co-manager and father Mike Pavlik pay a visit to Top Rank in Las Vegas so they could sit down and talk things out.

http://tinyurl.com/5r7f8bu

Sure, there some good match-ups that could be made, but Kelly PavBitch has proven to be a unreliable moron. So until he touches gloves with an opponent, I don't care.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pavlik wants to fight again Empty Re: Pavlik wants to fight again

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:39 am

Pavlik will have to move up to Heavyweight in order to take on his demons.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:24 am

Fight Froch on October 29th in AC

Ward being injury prone is starting to bother me lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Arum should throw him in the Pacquaio vs Marquez undercard to get his feet wet. They need one more fight to fill in the last undercard televised slot, Pavlik will be perfect for it.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Diego408 wrote:Arum should throw him in the Pacquaio vs Marquez undercard to get his feet wet. They need one more fight to fill in the last undercard televised slot, Pavlik will be perfect for it.

Good call
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Arum should throw him in the Pacquaio vs Marquez undercard to get his feet wet. They need one more fight to fill in the last undercard televised slot, Pavlik will be perfect for it.

Good call

I doudbt Arum would do that. Pavlik pulled out of an undercard fight for Pac-Margs. And then, after all this shit. Arum considers the kid unreliable. Pretty bad when that's your promoter saying it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 pm

I would pay him 10k to fight on FNFs
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:36 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I would pay him 10k to fight on FNFs

I doubt even FNF wants him. I was reading a big reason why FNF was so good this year is they found ways to free up some of the budget and laid the hammer down on fighters that tried to pull out of fights last minute. Why we had less fights involving subs that came in on like two hour notice
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:04 pm

FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!!!
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down