The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ?

+5
kbyte
flapanther2001
hardcorebee24
Groundhog
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ?

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:26 am

Ali wrote:1) Vitali Klitschko
2) Carl Froch
3) Shane Mosley
4) Manny Pacquiao
5) Antonio Margarito

Honorable mentions: Tomasz Adamek, Glen Johnson, Joshua Clottey, Arthur Abraham.

That's a pretty good list right there. The only guy I'd add is Daisuke Naito. EVERYONE hits him and nobody stops him.

Back to top Go down

Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ?

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:44 am

Best chin I can think of:
Yun Un Chin...27-1 (never been KO'd)

flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 am

would abraham belong on this list??? i mean the guy looked like popeye in his fight against miranda in round 5 and continued to fight winning a decision.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:19 am

kbyte wrote:1) Margo
2) Manny
3) Sugar Shane
4) Froch
5) Chino Maidana

Maidana ?? he's tough but was dropped more than once by Ortiz.

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 am

Ali wrote:
2) Manny
3) Sugar Shane
4) Froch
5) Chino Maidana

I know, I just think hes the man. Besides he wasn't even hurt by those knockdowns.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:23 pm

kbyte wrote:
Ali wrote:
2) Manny
3) Sugar Shane
4) Froch
5) Chino Maidana

I know, I just think hes the man. Besides he wasn't even hurt by those knockdowns.

i agree, i think Maidana is a beast. Froch got put down hard by Jermain Taylor by the sort of punch that normally puts a guy to sleep for the 10. It's not just about your initial punch resistance, it's all about the powers of recovery. guys with solid legs generally can hold a punch better, i don't know why this is but it seems to be a fact. i've had my jaw broken and continued fighting before much like Abraham did against Miranda but then i've been completely knocked sparko by an accumulation of punches near the top of my head (and getting bottled before them probably didn't help!) Marble has touched on the powers of recovery before and i think he is absolutely 100% right, being Durable and having a good beard are 2 different propositions. Everybody can get put down, it's how you react afterwards that is the measure of a man.... ask Joe Calzaghe how that one works. he was a guy that got put down numerous times by different guys but do you notice how he never got knocked down twice in a fight, powers of recovery!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:17 pm

I'd put Agbeko in there somewhere.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Caballero has a great chin. Everyone else I can think of already got touched on.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 pm

dare I say Paul Williams? lol

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:59 am

kbyte wrote:
Ali wrote:
2) Manny
3) Sugar Shane
4) Froch
5) Chino Maidana

Actually he was hurt badly by Ortiz right before the bell rang.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2