The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ?

+5
kbyte
flapanther2001
hardcorebee24
Groundhog
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ? Empty Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ?

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:45 am

1) Vitali Klitschko
2) Carl Froch
3) Shane Mosley
4) Manny Pacquiao
5) Antonio Margarito

Honorable mentions: Tomasz Adamek, Glen Johnson, Joshua Clottey, Arthur Abraham.

Back to top Go down

Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ? Empty Re: Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ?

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 am

1) Manny Pacquiao
2) Shane Mosley
3) Glen Johnson
4) Carl Froch
5) Tomasz Adamek
6) Antonio Margarito
7) Vitali Klitschko

Why did a rate Klitschko so low? Because he has only been realy chin checked a few times. Mainly in the Lewis fight. The rest on the list have been chin checked by hard punchers repeatidly, and have stood up.

I think Vitali chin is overrated in that regard. It's never realy been tested that much.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ? Empty Re: Which five guys have the best chins in boxing ?

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:55 am

GrantZilla wrote:1) Manny Pacquiao
2) Shane Mosley
3) Glen Johnson
4) Carl Froch
5) Tomasz Adamek
6) Antonio Margarito
7) Vitali Klitschko

Why did a rate Klitschko so low? Because he has only been realy chin checked a few times. Mainly in the Lewis fight. The rest on the list have been chin checked by hard punchers repeatidly, and have stood up.

I think Vitali chin is overrated in that regard. It's never realy been tested that much.

Vitali's size advantage crossed my mind but the fact he's never been knocked down in his whole combat career is impressive, remember he's also competed in K1.

How Vitali withstood that uppercut from Lennox is beyond me, that punch would've knocked out an elephant cold.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:58 am

That's true. But I rate other guys higher because been tested thoroughly.

Pac has got one best chins. It seems his weak spot is the body.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:00 am

GrantZilla wrote:That's true. But I rate other guys higher because been tested thoroughly.

Pac has got one best chins. It seems his weak spot is the body.

Sucks to see your old hero Tua not on the list, for years his chin was rock solid but now he's being knocked down by a shot Monte Barret.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:17 am

Ali wrote:Sucks to see your old hero Tua not on the list, for years his chin was rock solid but now he's being knocked down by a shot Monte Barret.

What happens when you fight past your prime. I guess he's broke and why he's fighting.

This is why I will not be shocked if Pac knocks ancient Mosley out in the Joke Fight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:33 am

Other considerations:

Malignaggi has an excellent chin. Soaked up punishment from Cotto, Hatton, Khan.

Librado Andrade.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:32 am

tua and margo for sure..there in a position though where age and wars will take there toll.add mosley but for the same reasons.there in the top five based on there career.vitali dont belong.yes getting hit a few times by lennox isnt a test .its a short quiz.theres merit for paulie m to be there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:56 am

Groundhog wrote:Other considerations:

Malignaggi has an excellent chin. Soaked up punishment from Cotto, Hatton, Khan.

Librado Andrade.

Good add, Malignaggi might look like a fruit but his chin is made of granite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:40 am

Librado Andrade for sure. AA took some huge shots from Edison Miranda and kept coming.

Shannon Briggs deserves some kind of special mention, just because he absorbed one of the worst beatings I've ever seen with out going down.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:53 am

Adamek
Pac
JMM
Paulie
Margarito
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:56 am

im maybe one of the few here that dont think adamek has a top chin..

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:09 pm

dmar5143 wrote:im maybe one of the few here that dont think adamek has a top chin..

Why not? Since moving up from lightheavy he hasn't been down.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Canvas wrote: Librado Andrade for sure. AA took some huge shots from Edison Miranda and kept coming.

Shannon Briggs deserves some kind of special mention, just because he absorbed one of the worst beatings I've ever seen with out going down.
Co-sign Briggs....how he stayed on his feet against Vitali, I'll never know.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

1) Margo
2) Manny
3) Sugar Shane
4) Froch
5) Chino Maidana
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:Sucks to see your old hero Tua not on the list, for years his chin was rock solid but now he's being knocked down by a shot Monte Barret.

What happens when you fight past your prime. I guess he's broke and why he's fighting.
This is why I will not be shocked if Pac knocks ancient Mosley out in the Joke Fight.

he is broke, The New Zealand taxman has taken it all. this is what happens when you don't pay your taxes, from what i understand Tua hasn't actually made money of his recent fights because it has all gone to the taxman to pay the huge debt he owes which goes into 7 figures i think

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:30 pm

dbudge wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

he is broke, The New Zealand taxman has taken it all. this is what happens when you don't pay your taxes, from what i understand Tua hasn't actually made money of his recent fights because it has all gone to the taxman to pay the huge debt he owes which goes into 7 figures i think

Thanks for the info Dan Rafael.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:03 pm

is this current or all time????
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Rum Capital wrote:is this current or all time????

I assumed current.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:51 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dbudge wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Thanks for the info Dan Rafael.

lol well is it true or not? i dunno it's just something i heard from making a phone call whilst sat on my fat arse eating a twinkie and then relayed onto my laptop

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:53 pm

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:12 pm

B-Hop's chin is sturdy, also, ODLH's.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:32 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:is this current or all time????

I assumed current.
oh ok i was ready to flip
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 pm

dbudge wrote:

lol well is it true or not? i dunno it's just something i heard from making a phone call whilst sat on my fat arse eating a twinkie and then relayed onto my laptop

lol now that was funny

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm

[/quote]

lol well is it true or not? i dunno it's just something i heard from making a phone call whilst sat on my fat arse eating a twinkie and then relayed onto my laptop[/quote]

LOL you're a good sport.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next