The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strong words from Abraham's Trainer: Your a COWARD!

+4
flapanther2001
Groundhog
hardcorebee24
gomez1012
8 posters

Go down

Strong words from Abraham's Trainer: Your a COWARD! Empty Strong words from Abraham's Trainer: Your a COWARD!

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:20 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=33341

Veteran trainer Ulli Wegner is very upset with Arthur Abraham's performance against Carl Froch from Saturday night in Helsinki, Finland. Froch dominated Abraham over twelve rounds of their Super Six encounter. Several German outlets quoted Wegner as stating "you are a coward" to his fighter.

Later on, Wegner told reporters "he has no honor in his body to allow himself to get beat up like that. That was shameful."

Abraham replied to the comments: "Of course I'm not a coward. I just couldn't find any solution against Carl Froch."
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Strong words from Abraham's Trainer: Your a COWARD! Empty Re: Strong words from Abraham's Trainer: Your a COWARD!

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:59 pm

one solution art is to actualy throw fucking punches..kill or be killed is another.

Back to top Go down

Strong words from Abraham's Trainer: Your a COWARD! Empty Re: Strong words from Abraham's Trainer: Your a COWARD!

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Well the hype on him was short lived. Take him out of the mix of contenders and stick a fork in him.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Coward is awfully strong. Inept is more fair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:07 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Coward is awfully strong. Inept is more fair.

Might I suggest "Clottey-esque" or "Winkyious."

"Abraham was Winkyious. He sucked in that fight."

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Ze Germanz do not pull the proverbial punch!!!!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Groundhog wrote:

Might I suggest "Clottey-esque" or "Winkyious."

"Abraham was Winkyious. He sucked in that fight."

WOW! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:16 pm

LMFAO!!!! He was Winkyious!!!!! Hardy har harrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! clown
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:07 pm

What is with everyone piling on AA?

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 pm

Canvas wrote:What is with everyone piling on AA?

We don't like guys that don't try. He seemed not to be trying. We're making a judgement on his heart and calling him names because it makes us feel better about ourselves.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Canvas wrote:What is with everyone piling on AA?

We don't like guys that don't try. He seemed not to be trying. We're making a judgement on his heart and calling him names because it makes us feel better about ourselves.

Yeah! What he said!

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 pm

I'm not going to crap on the effort made by Abraham.

I just think we all bought a fighter that isn't as close to as good as we thought. I don't think he ever was really tested at MW against a top 5 guy who can box.

His trinket reign at MW:
Kingsley Ikeke (won vacant IBF belt)
Shannan Taylor
Kofi Jantuah
Edison Miranda
Sebastian Demers
Khoren Gevor
Wayne Elcock
Elvin Ayala
Raul Marquez
Lajuan Simon
Mahir Oral

Those are some decent fighters, but it isn't as if he was destroying top 10 guys and cleaning out the division. Also, that isn't a list of slick boxers.
He moved up to 168 and has been facing bigger (and elite) guys that can box alot better than the guys he faced at MW.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:43 am

captain your probably right...but this was his own trainer saying that..he also apparently bought the same bill of goods and thats why hes disgusted..good fighters do have some bad nights but even then they do step up to the plate..if AA is going to go anywhere then that has to be instilled in him .

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 am

I got news for ya....half of that shit performance goes on the trainer!!! No help from the corner, no Plan B, nothing to get Abe in a better position. They should have known that Froch was gonna stick to that plan after the 3rd round. They did nothing about it!!! Fuck that trainer!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:57 am

lol screw them both..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 am

Abe's a coward eh, hmm about about your incompetent. It's the trainers duty to teach Abe to correct his mistakes and expand his game.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:31 am

Ali wrote:Abe's a coward eh, hmm about about your incompetent. It's the trainers duty to teach Abe to correct his mistakes and expand his game.

Agreed. It all falls on the trainer. If Abe was a coward, he'd quit on his stool with a total shattered jaw against Miranda. Hell, wouldn't even called him a coward then. Showed straight balls to keep fighting.

If he was coward against Froch, he would have also quit.

I want to know what the fuck the trainers gameplan was exactly? Stand there like a fucking statue against the taller fighter? Because sure and hell seemed all they had
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 am

exactly Grant. Abraham's gameplan sucked. they should have known that the fighter walking straight forward against a guy with a longer jab is only going to end up one way. I think it was Froch's variety of punches, his jab and his reach that totally bemused Abraham. everytime he went to take the quick step inside Froch's left hand was in his face snapping his head back. Froch hits hard as well, i've seen Abraham walk through big punchers shots catching them with his guard whilst still coming forward. everytime Froch hit Abraham he backed him up. He also didn't let Abraham into his range for long enough be troubled. it's easier to be negative about Abraham's performance than be positive about Froch's but there were a lot of the small things that Froch did in that fight that made the difference. I love you Carl...

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:56 am

flapanther2001 wrote:I got news for ya....half of that shit performance goes on the trainer!!! No help from the corner, no Plan B, nothing to get Abe in a better position. They should have known that Froch was gonna stick to that plan after the 3rd round. They did nothing about it!!! Fuck that trainer!!!
Agreed 100 percent. I'll throw you one better. If his trainer calls him a coward, tell him to get in the ring and fight Froch.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:12 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I got news for ya....half of that shit performance goes on the trainer!!! No help from the corner, no Plan B, nothing to get Abe in a better position. They should have known that Froch was gonna stick to that plan after the 3rd round. They did nothing about it!!! Fuck that trainer!!!

As his opponent list showed, he never faced anyone who can really box who is an elite guy. Not a single guy. Now 2 guys in a row who are legit top 10 guys boxed his ears off.

Now would Abraham be able to walk through an elite boxer's shots at 160 and still catch him? He definitely would have a better chance.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:

As his opponent list showed, he never faced anyone who can really box who is an elite guy. Not a single guy. Now 2 guys in a row who are legit top 10 guys boxed his ears off.

Now would Abraham be able to walk through an elite boxer's shots at 160 and still catch him? He definitely would have a better chance.

Anyone know what Abe's fight night weight was? I'm just curious is all.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down