The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONGRATS TO SCOTT LEVINSON

+3
Frank
hardcorebee24
dmar5143
7 posters

Go down

CONGRATS TO SCOTT LEVINSON Empty CONGRATS TO SCOTT LEVINSON

Post  dmar5143 Wed May 30, 2012 7:20 pm

i have msn.com as my home page and when i click on there sports section to see whats new its fox sports that comes up..i just did that to check the boxing section and one of there featured articles was about todays boxing activity by top fighters has hurt boxing..that as all of you know i agree with.the article though was written by scott..congrats scott hes gonna make it to the big time..
scott of course posted here and at one time on espn when we were all there.ive always enjoyed disgussing topics with scott and his compliments to me on some of my posts..scott has what a lot of boxing writers today lack-hello dan r -which is a thirst for boxing history.hes as familar with a barney ross as he is with a mayweather.that to me is a must for any writer of any sport.
to me scott has a love of the sport and a admiration of the fighters that made boxing a top sport back in the day..hes fair articulate and unlike dan r if you intelligently disagree with him with points of fact he will tip his cap to you..
its great to see one of us to have a imput.i cant think of anyone better from our gang to do that and i mean that..congrats scott.i know you will make us proud.theres no doubt about that.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

CONGRATS TO SCOTT LEVINSON Empty Re: CONGRATS TO SCOTT LEVINSON

Post  dmar5143 Wed May 30, 2012 7:35 pm

wow reading further scott has already had several articles published by them with links.he talked about 2012 and its disappointments of berto and peterson gamboa.the lack of making real big and best fights by the promoters..this in a nutshell is what we have talked about a lot but scott truly does it with refine points .he points out boxings shortcomings and adds a solution or too..scott as a fan looks like a spokeperson for the real boxing fan.he voices concern without malice ..like us he asks why..like us he tells why but in a way thats needed to be read by the boxing community..good for him.its a plus that there is a spokesperson out there.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 30, 2012 10:43 pm

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Corbett_III

Check out the first paragraph.

Dmar here's a cool article he made that relates to "friends of ours".

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/boxing-101/best-of-a-nation/top-5-best-italian-boxers/
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am

Great going, Scott.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Nice article Scott...bravo!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:19 pm

I envy you scotty boy, at the same time I find your work remarkable.... After realising I was only ever gna be a mediocre amateur at best after gettin a beating from a certain Mr Brook my dream was to be a journalist covering the thing in life I love most... The noble art... All the best... U lucky c..t!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:13 am

He was always one of the better bloggers at ESPN. Glad to see one of the good guys making it.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Scottle doin work. Love it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content