The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward to return in September ?

+3
Diego408
Shaun
flapanther2001
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ward to return in September ? Empty Ward to return in September ?

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 2:35 pm

James Prince, manager of unified super middleweight champion Andre Ward, revealed that his fighter will likely return in September.

Originally, “S.O.G.” had hoped to return on June 2, but Showtime’s decision to hold a quadruple-header in Carson, Calif., shelved those plans. Prince was subsequently asked about late June or July.

“Andre’s wife is having a baby during that time, and he wants to be able to be there for her as any father should,” Prince told BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com Saturday afternoon. “We’ve been looking at September dates for him to come back instead at Oracle [Arena in Oakland, Calif.].”

After defeating Bernard Hopkins, newly crowned light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson publicly called out Ward. The super middleweight king has gone on the record stating that he would be interested in such a fight. The question is if it would take place at 168 or 175 pounds.

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-wards-return-eyed-september-says-prince--52591

If Bute wins this month there will be no excuses not to make that fight happen in Sept.

Back to top Go down

Ward to return in September ? Empty Re: Ward to return in September ?

Post  flapanther2001 Sun May 06, 2012 2:41 pm

J. Prince managing the S.O.G.....ain't that the irony of ironies!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Ward on the HBO ringside interview as a pleasant surprise. He would be a good fight commentator. I wonder if he was there for doing potential business with HBO.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Shaun wrote:Ward on the HBO ringside interview as a pleasant surprise. He would be a good fight commentator. I wonder if he was there for doing potential business with HBO.

Andre needs to finish his business at Showtime first by facing Bute, after that he's free to chase that Al Haymon dream.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Ali wrote:
Shaun wrote:Ward on the HBO ringside interview as a pleasant surprise. He would be a good fight commentator. I wonder if he was there for doing potential business with HBO.

Andre needs to finish his business at Showtime first by facing Bute, after that he's free to chase that Al Haymon dream.

I'd like to see the Bute fight too. However, he has to get through Froch first. I am actually pleased that Ward made Bute earn a fight with him. The truth is, Bute hasn't fought a top quality opponent. Johnson doesn't count, too old.

As for picking Dawson over Bute. That makes a lot of sense to me. Bute is a more difficult opponent that will bring in less money.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:

I'd like to see the Bute fight too. However, he has to get through Froch first. I am actually pleased that Ward made Bute earn a fight with him. The truth is, Bute hasn't fought a top quality opponent. Johnson doesn't count, too old.

As for picking Dawson over Bute. That makes a lot of sense to me. Bute is a more difficult opponent that will bring in less money.

Erm how the hell do you figure that ?

Showtime desperately want Ward vs. Bute to put a cap on the Super Six, they'll cough up dough to keep everyone happy. And lets not forget that Bute is a huge draw in Canada, they could sell out a big venue there and there's also Canadian tv money to account for.

Chad Dawson brings nothing other than a lisp.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun May 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Whether its Bute or Dawson, Ward is still fighting the best guys from 168 to 175.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Ali wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:

Showtime desperately want Ward vs. Bute to put a cap on the Super Six, they'll cough up dough to keep everyone happy. And lets not forget that Bute is a huge draw in Canada, they could sell out a big venue there and there's also Canadian tv money to account for.

Ward isn't going to fight in Quebec nor should he, especially after the Andrade incident. Ward is the champ he should pick the venue.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 4:03 pm

God forbid Andre should step outside America, the four horsemen would appear and Barack Obama would lead his armies to Jerusalem to wage war on the heavens.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ward isn't going to fight in Quebec nor should he, especially after the Andrade incident. Ward is the champ he should pick the venue.

I am american and I call bullshit. Ward fought at home the entire super 6. Enough of that bullshit. a real champ can go on the road and win.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 6:03 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:

I am american and I call bullshit. Ward fought at home the entire super 6. Enough of that bullshit. a real champ can go on the road and win.

Wrong. He fought Froch in Atlantic City.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Shaun wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:

still never fought outside his country.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Shaun wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:

still never fought outside his country.

America is the most politically correct nation in the world. You're more likely to get a fair shake here than if you were to fight in other countries. Which is sad considering we have seen some blatant robberies, especially in Texas.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 7:38 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Ali wrote:

+1

Jermain Taylor, Andre Dirrell, Carl Froch, Arthur Abraham and Mikkel Kessler all had at least one fight abroad during that tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Europeans just don't get how big the US is. And diverse. When Ward fight Abrahams in LA, he might as well have fought Abrahams in Aremenia. Shit, there is a section of LA called Little Armenia. There was more people at the fight rooting for Abe then Ward.

Same goes when he fought Froch in Atlantic City. There was more Froch fans then there was for Ward. Oakland to Atlantic City is 2,931.9 miles. Shit, England to New York is only a little more distance. It's about 2,907 nautical miles.

When Froch fought Kessler in Denmark it was 871 miles from England.

You have to view each State in the US as practically a country.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 8:38 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Europeans just don't get how big the US is. And diverse. When Ward fight Abrahams in LA, he might as well have fought Abrahams in Aremenia. Shit, there is a section of LA called Little Armenia. There was more people at the fight rooting for Abe then Ward.

Same goes when he fought Froch in Atlantic City. There was more Froch fans then there was for Ward. Oakland to Atlantic City is 2,931.9 miles. Shit, England to New York is only a little more distance. It's about 2,907 nautical miles.

Stop just stop, we are perfectly aware how large and diverse America is with it's different time zones and cultures but don't dare try and say Ward was out of his element in California and Atlantic City.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Ali wrote:Stop just stop, we are perfectly aware how large and diverse America is with it's different time zones and cultures but don't dare try and say Ward was out of his element in California and Atlantic City.

When there was more people rooting for Abe and Forch than Ward? How is that any different than if he fought them in their backyard? Outside home cooking? Shit, look at the joke scores that got handed in for in the Froch fight. It was nearly a shutout fight for Ward, and yet two judges scored it 115-113 for Ward. WTF!

Who the fuck knows what the scores be if it was in Froch's backyard. That goes for any hometown fighter. Homecooking in boxing right now become a disgrace.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun May 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Europeans just don't get how big the US is. And diverse. When Ward fight Abrahams in LA, he might as well have fought Abrahams in Aremenia. Shit, there is a section of LA called Little Armenia. There was more people at the fight rooting for Abe then Ward.

Stop just stop, we are perfectly aware how large and diverse America is with it's different time zones and cultures but don't dare try and say Ward was out of his element in California and Atlantic City.

I agree 100%. He's not in a different time zone in LA, not eating foreign cuisine, not speaking a foreign language, not in a foreign place, not really far away from his family or comforts. How long is the flight from Oakland to LA, 45 minutes? Even a huge bus trip is like being in a hotel. Atlantic City is the same thing, it's America. He could fly into AC a night or two before the fight, he didn't have to uproot his camp or anything. AC I agree is a more neutral site but shit it's a fight town and Ward better used to fighting at places like that.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 06, 2012 9:05 pm

It's a 3 hour time difference between West Coast and East Coast. 4 hour time difference between UK time and New York. It's about six hour flight from Oakland to Atlantic City. UK to Atlantic City, about 6 and half to 7 hours. That's going off average commercial flight.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun May 06, 2012 10:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:It's a 3 hour time difference between West Coast and East Coast. 4 hour time difference between UK time and New York. It's about six hour flight from Oakland to Atlantic City. UK to Atlantic City, about 6 and half to 7 hours. That's going off average commercial flight.

Its still a domestic american flight which btw is five hours. Its philly to sf. I know what the time difference is dingbat.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 06, 2012 10:43 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:It's a 3 hour time difference between West Coast and East Coast. 4 hour time difference between UK time and New York. It's about six hour flight from Oakland to Atlantic City. UK to Atlantic City, about 6 and half to 7 hours. That's going off average commercial flight.

Its still a domestic american flight which btw is five hours. Its philly to sf. I know what the time difference is dingbat.

Sure you did
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun May 06, 2012 10:51 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:It's a 3 hour time difference between West Coast and East Coast. 4 hour time difference. between UK time and New York. It's about six hour flight from Oakland to Atlantic City. UK to Atlantic City, about 6 and half to 7 hours. That's going off average commercial flight.

Sure you did

Lmao... i do work in television and we do broadcast to each timezone. Oh yeah youre right, i only know GMT time.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon May 07, 2012 12:26 am

hardcore makes some excellent points about the differnce if ward fought in atlantic city or in england or elsewhere abroad. food culture comfort zone and more are excellent valid points.to say ward was fighting in carls backyard in atlantic city so to speak because maybe just maybe more of the crowd was rooting for him is incorrect.the bad scorecards were not a result of so called teddy atlas homecooking but more of poor judgeing.theres a lot of that lately in the usa.
bute going to carls real backyard is a big step.far more then ward fighting in ac.the points of the distance means nothing.after all have a top jewish fighter fight in iran against a top iranian fighter.short distance big differnce in comfort zone.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 07, 2012 2:20 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Lmao... i do work in television and we do broadcast to each timezone. Oh yeah youre right, i only know GMT time.

That TV thing you say is just a front. We all know you really sell dildos to Cathlic girls.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 07, 2012 7:16 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Lmao... i do work in television and we do broadcast to each timezone. Oh yeah youre right, i only know GMT time.

That TV thing you say is just a front. We all know you really sell dildos to Cathlic girls.

lol
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next