The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pete Rozelle would be thrilled at degree of parity in todays NFL

3 posters

Go down

Pete Rozelle would be thrilled at  degree of parity in todays NFL Empty Pete Rozelle would be thrilled at degree of parity in todays NFL

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Pete Rozelle would be thrilled at  degree of parity in todays NFL Nfl-parity-2010

That "On any Given Sunday" is something Pete always pushed for in the NFL

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pete Rozelle would be thrilled at  degree of parity in todays NFL Empty Re: Pete Rozelle would be thrilled at degree of parity in todays NFL

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:03 am

Yup, he sure would. I'm of two minds. I understand why the "any given Sunday" thing is attractive. But I also think having Yankee-like ongoing champions can be really useful.

Hard to argue with what Rozelle has wrought though. An almost unthinkable success.

Back to top Go down

Pete Rozelle would be thrilled at  degree of parity in todays NFL Empty Re: Pete Rozelle would be thrilled at degree of parity in todays NFL

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 am

I like that parity and that teams can't buy themselves a Championship. That can have a team that is a bottom dweller one year become contender or even SB Champ next year.

Compition is always a good thing. It's no fun seeing same fucking teams every year in the Championship, you know.

Why I like seeing Browns, and yes my Raiders, picking things up. I'd like to see Lions pick shit up too.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:57 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I like that parity and that teams can't buy themselves a Championship. That can have a team that is a bottom dweller one year become contender or even SB Champ next year.

Compition is always a good thing. It's no fun seeing same fucking teams every year in the Championship, you know.

Why I like seeing Browns, and yes my Raiders, picking things up. I'd like to see Lions pick shit up too.

Always root for them on Thanksgiving!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I like that parity and that teams can't buy themselves a Championship. That can have a team that is a bottom dweller one year become contender or even SB Champ next year.

I WILDLY disagree with this. Who do we cherish in boxing? Those guys who do it over and over and over again. I have no interest in watching mediocrity defeat other mediocrity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:02 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Not this year. GO PATS!

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:38 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Not this year. GO PATS!

not a Pats fan but as long as the Steelers don't win I'll be happy. Nuclear holocaust, what will survive? Rats, cockroaches, Winky Wright, Jose Sulaiman, and the Steelers.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Not this year. GO PATS!

not a Pats fan but as long as the Steelers don't win I'll be happy. Nuclear holocaust, what will survive? Rats, cockroaches, Winky Wright, Jose Sulaiman, and the Steelers.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down