The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bowl XLVII AKA the Har-Bowl

4 posters

Go down

Super Bowl XLVII AKA the Har-Bowl Empty Super Bowl XLVII AKA the Har-Bowl

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm

The Baltimore Ravens vs The San Fransisco 49ers. The Brothers, Jim Harbaugh vs John Harbaugh. It really doesn't get any more dramatic than this. Both team are almost mirror images of each other, its crazy. There is always that sibling rivalry, you don't ever want to lose against your brother. The Harbaughs wont say it, but this game will create some kind of conflict and both guys do not want to lose to the other. Who are their parents rooting for?lol its very conflicting.

As for the game, its going to come down to whose defense plays better. The Ravens struggled in the regular season defensively, but stepped it up big time in the post season so far. The two teams played two seasons ago and Baltimore shut down the SF offense on Thanksgiving for a win. Both teams are since then are a little different, especially the 49ers who have Colin Kaepernik now under center. CK creates a lot of different problems for defenses because his game spreads out the defenses. You have to fear the run game, CK option read, Davis/Crabtree, the deep ball and CKs scrambling ability on every play. On the other hand Joe Flacco is playing at a high level, Rice is the better running back and their WRs are better. Their defense is playing better in the post season than the 49ers defense has so far. The only reason I have SF winning is because their offense is a little better and their defense is also just a little better. The Ravens offense isn't nearly as explosive as Atlanta or Green Bay. If CK is at his best he can rip apart great defenses, like he did to the Chicago Bears. The 49ers defense will hold Baltimore's offense also. It will be a tough and competitive game that will come to the final minutes. SF by 3 to 7 points.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl XLVII AKA the Har-Bowl Empty Re: Super Bowl XLVII AKA the Har-Bowl

Post  dmar5143 Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:29 pm

good thoughts.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:28 pm

I got the 49ers by 10. I can't stand Ray Lewis. I hope Frank Gore treats Ray Ray like Bo Jackson did Bosworth for that 1 play. Would make me smile.

Btw what happened to that other Harbaugh thread where someone criticized him for starting Kaep over Alex Smith?. No need to delete it, everyone is wrong at some point.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:12 am

SlickMoney wrote:I got the 49ers by 10. I can't stand Ray Lewis. I hope Frank Gore treats Ray Ray like Bo Jackson did Bosworth for that 1 play. Would make me smile.

Btw what happened to that other Harbaugh thread where someone criticized him for starting Kaep over Alex Smith?. No need to delete it, everyone is wrong at some point.
Ok buddy, I deleted most of my football posts. I admit it. I'd like to delete the whole fucking season. I'm just glad I don't gamble. I'd either be dead or homeless.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 am

I actually wanted Smith to start, but Kaepernik has been progressing through the weeks and gotten so much better. I still believe Alex could win it all with this team too, but Colin has become the safer choice at this point.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 am

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Jim H. made a brave decision and I was one of those that went against him. In fact, I was passionate about my stance in backing Alex Smith. I was 100 percent wrong. This coach knows how to make a decision.

Alex should go to the Arizona Cardinals. Larry Fitzgerald needs a qb to throw to him and I think Alex could do it.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:46 pm

i got no idea or reasons to think this team will win.i can see a 3 or 7 maybe a 10 point win by somebody in a close hard played game.i have a feeling it could come down to 2 controversial plays or calls that go to one team.im rooting for the 49ers.im not buying ray lewis and his bullshit dance nor his over the top dramatic mentaly disturbed emotional outbursts.a great player yes..i just dont like the guy.nor his past.sorry.
im a old nfl fan not afl.ive rooted only once for a afl team and its a team i hate big time.thats the pats.i did want to see somebody go 19-0.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down