The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan to Ali

3 posters

Go down

Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan to Ali Empty Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan to Ali

Post  Tobe Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Another football to boxing analogy here, as NBC's Chris Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan and his antics to Muhammed Ali:

"This is a league of integrity and rules that date back to the stone age. Who is this Rex Ryan that talks trash and backs it up? Not since Muhammad Ali have we seen something so outrageous and fun."

"Rex may make the NFL feel uncomfortable, but his style is drawing Muhammad Ali like ratings and reactions on both sides. You may like or dislike Rex Ryan and his style, but regardless, you have to watch."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41151665/ns/sports-sunday_night_football/
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan to Ali Empty Re: Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan to Ali

Post  Frank Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Tobe wrote:Another football to boxing analogy here, as NBC's Chris Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan and his antics to Muhammed Ali:

"This is a league of integrity and rules that date back to the stone age. Who is this Rex Ryan that talks trash and backs it up? Not since Muhammad Ali have we seen something so outrageous and fun."

"Rex may make the NFL feel uncomfortable, but his style is drawing Muhammad Ali like ratings and reactions on both sides. You may like or dislike Rex Ryan and his style, but regardless, you have to watch."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41151665/ns/sports-sunday_night_football/
Yeah, but tell Chris, Ali was doing the fighting. A better analogy would've been Rex Ryan and Angie Dundee. I don't recall Dundee doing a bunch of talking before an Ali fight.

Also, how consistent can Ryan be with this type of loud mouth, taunting? Even if the Jets win the show, Super bowl winners are notorious for having a disappointing follow up season. What will Rex say then?

A boxing champion can have an unbeaten record and talk to his heart’s content. A football team goes through ups and downs. When the Jets go through a down, have Ryan’s comments opened the door for excessive taunting from opposing teams?

Braggarts and team sports just don’t mix. When “Joe Nameth” predicted the Jets would win Super bowl III, it was an original prediction from a likable, flamboyant and original personality. Rex is no “Broadway Joe” in any capacity. Not to mention, Joe went out there and made it happen.

Chris also knows that the playoffs may be the most watched sporting event in the world, with or without a loudmouth.

Last edited by Frank on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan to Ali Empty Re: Collinsworth compares Rex Ryan to Ali

Post  Tobe Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Yeah, but tell Chris, Ali was doing the fighting.

Laughing Very good point Frank.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Collinsworth always uses boxing analogies.

I agree. Better comparison be comparing Rex to Freddy Roach or something
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:13 pm

rex compares with buddy ryan his loudmouth father..

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:18 am

dmar5143 wrote:rex compares with buddy ryan his loudmouth father..
Dmar, I never knew that was Rex's father. Now everything makes sense. LOL. God, I hope the "Black and Gold" can pull it off on Sunday. Just goes to show you, hardly anyone likes a braggart unless they're really funny. Big Ben "may" be a really sick guy, however most are hoping that he shuts Ryan's mouth on Sunday.

Just for the hell of it, I must say that the funniest loudmouths have been in "Professional Wrestling." At least the guys I grew up watching. Ric Flair, Ole Anderson, Dusty Rhodes,Roddy Piper, those guys were hilarious.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down