The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garth Wood defeats Anthony Mundine

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Garth Wood defeats Anthony Mundine Empty Garth Wood defeats Anthony Mundine

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:23 am

Australian Contender winner Garth Wood defeated two-time title holder Anthony Mundine with a fifth round knockout in their middleweight bout at Acer Arena in Sydney.

Wood floored Mundine with a vicious left hook to end a scrappy affair 58 seconds into the fifth round.

Collated results from Acer Arena:

Middleweight (10 x 3) Garth Wood (AUS, 72kg) bt Anthony Mundine (AUS, 71.9kg) 5th round KO

Middleweight (10 x 3) Johannes Mwetupunga (AUS, 72.1kg) bt Peter Mitrevski Jnr (AUS, 71.8kg) on a unanimous points decision

Lightweight (8 x 3) Billy Dib (AUS, 61.1kg) bt Mick Shaw (AUS, 61.4kg) 6th round TKO

Heavyweight (4 x 3) Danyon Greig (AUS, 100.3kg) drew with Kyle Brumby (AUS, 95kg)

Super Middleweight (4 x 3) Fred Nagi (AUS, 76.6kg) bt Rakesh Kumar (FIJ, 78.1kg) on a unanimous points decision

Light Welterweight (6 x 3) Robert Whaley (AUS, 63.3kg) bt Abner Llanasa (PHI, 62.5kg) 1st round KO

Bantamweight (6 x 2) Susie Ramadan (AUS, 52.9kg) bt Michelle Preston (NZL, 53kg) on a unanimous points decision

Super Middleweight (4 x 3) Peter Kazzi (AUS, 75.6kg) bt Aswin Cabuy (INA, 74.2kg) on a unanimous points decision
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Garth Wood defeats Anthony Mundine Empty Re: Garth Wood defeats Anthony Mundine

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 pm

LOL !! couldn't happen to a better guy. I guess this means the Mayweather fight is off?

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Munddine sucked big time anyway. biggest ducker in the sport, glad he got ktfo

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 pm

I guess we know why "The Man" wouldn't give Geale the rematch, and why he's been fighting mainly Australian domestic level competition.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Hahahahahaha

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Wood vs Geale would be a pretty good domestic fight- winner gets a shot a Martinez

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Is it my eyes or did he throw a knee into him for good measure?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:11 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Is it my eyes or did he throw a knee into him for good measure?

yeh there was a lot in that fight that evaded the marquess of queensbury's rules. i'm so glad Mundine got filled in though, mwahahaha. anybody else noticing the seeming rise in KOs from rabbit punches lately?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Well. I've never thought much of Mundine anyway. I've been sayin' his resume' sucks as much as he does. He's fairly irrelevant at this point.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:12 pm

So long to the only person Sven Ottke ever knocked out cold.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:18 pm

I don't know what he's thinking anyway. He's fighting way below his natural weight. When he was a Rugby League player he was 40 pounds heavier.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:31 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:I don't know what he's thinking anyway. He's fighting way below his natural weight. When he was a Rugby League player he was 40 pounds heavier.

that's not the reason he got whooped. the reason he got whooped is because he sucks. he proper sucks. he is the most protected fighter in the world because he sucks. now he got proper beaten up by some nobody haha

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:I don't know what he's thinking anyway. He's fighting way below his natural weight. When he was a Rugby League player he was 40 pounds heavier.

He was thinking he'd shrink himself down and pick on men half his size like Williams.....only he would have been better off getting KO'd by Green and making five million for his trouble....

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Canvas wrote:

He was thinking he'd shrink himself down and pick on men half his size like Williams.....only he would have been better off getting KO'd by Green and making five million for his trouble....

He beats Green 10 out of 10 fights. He humiliated Green the 1st fight.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Great news. Hope Garth is willing to take his show on the road. We might see more unifications!
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Garth improves every single fight. When the Contender Australia started he was 1 of the weakest but hard work is paying off for him.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Canvas wrote:

He beats Green 10 out of 10 fights. He humiliated Green the 1st fight.

then why did he avoid the massive payday of a rematch? He's the one who hounded Green out of retirement...... Green is stronger at 180 plus....although Green is nothing special either...

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Because Green wouldn't fight him at Super-Middleweight and wanted Mundine to come up which was never going to happen when Mundine was fighting at Middleweight.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Did you even watch the first fight? Mundine won 10 of the 12 rounds.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:19 pm

I watched the fight. I also witnessed the chronology of Mundine's actions over the past 2 years.

Mundine put on the full court press begging Green for another fight, told the media he'd fight Green at heavyweight, then ran the moment Green announced his comeback.

I guess you'd have to be a muslim Aussie to believe that Green could still make 168, or that Mundine faught a collection of domestic club fighters for glory, rather than backing his mouth and making $5 million vs Green. Green struggled to make 175 before he retired.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:48 pm

Mundine: "Danny Green, I'll Whip Your Arse Again"
Posted by: Mark Vester on 12-04-2009.

Danny Green's domestic rival Anthony Mundine has promised to easily beat Danny Green if they meet again. Their weights are far apart now but Mundine says that won't be an issue. Mundine said he would move back to middleweight and Green can come in at heavyweight. He is not worried about the weight. He says it won't help Green.

"I'm fighting at junior middleweight now and my next bout is scheduled at junior middleweight - that's 69.9 kilograms. [But] I'll tell you what, we will make it even. I'll fight at middleweight and he can fight at heavyweight. That might help to even it up,'' Mundine said.

"He knows I've got got his number, he knows I've got his measure, he knows what happened that May night in 2006.
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23915
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mundine Opts For Felix Sturm, Vows To Whoop Green
Posted by: Mark Vester on 02-12-2009.

Former two-time super middleweight champion Anthony Mundine is putting aside a rematch with Danny Green, for moment, and will go after WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm. Mundine is the mandatory challenger to Sturm. Mundine says the middleweight division will be his home for the next 2-3 years.

On Tuesday, Green announced his return to the sport and said if Mundine wants a rematch - it has to be at light heavyweight. Ever since the former light heavyweight champ announced his retirement almost a year ago, Mundine has been chasing him for a rematch. Now that Green has announced his return and ready to accept Mundine's offer - Mundine says "he doesn't need Green." He says the fight with Sturm will avenge the loss to Sven Ottke from years back.

"I'm fighting at middleweight now and that's where I intend to be for the next two or three years," Mundine said to the Sydney Morning Herald. "My goal is to be the first born and raised Australian, the first original Aboriginal, to be the unified and undisputed champion of the world - but if they pay me the right money I'll whip his arse again. I'll come in at middleweight and Danny Green can come in at whatever weight he wants, he can come in at heavyweight if he wants - it won't matter.
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18379

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Mundine got KO'd by the guy from Wayne's World?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Yeah, after he got a questionable decision vs danny Geale at 160 rather than have to give a rematch, he decided to melt down to an even lower weight class, where he got ktfo by a nobody from the Aussie version of "the contender" ......this is a guy who played rugby at 200 pounds and begged Green to come out of retirement for a mega money fight at 175.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:03 am

Canvas wrote:I watched the fight. I also witnessed the chronology of Mundine's actions over the past 2 years.

Mundine put on the full court press begging Green for another fight, told the media he'd fight Green at heavyweight, then ran the moment Green announced his comeback.

I guess you'd have to be a muslim Aussie to believe that Green could still make 168, or that Mundine faught a collection of domestic club fighters for glory, rather than backing his mouth and making $5 million vs Green. Green struggled to make 175 before he retired.

What the hell does religion have to do with this? I'm not a fan of either Mundine or Green. They both talk too much. Green had fought his whole career at SMW but used it as an excuse as to why he lost and Mundine talks too much to make a name for himself. Why would you give a rematch to a guy you beat easily before? there is nothing to gain and everything to lose. No way Mundine would've been scared of Green after he beat him so easily the first time. Mundine deserved what happened to him yesterday though.

This is what happens when you don't have classy fighters like Kostya Tszyu fighting anymore.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:57 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote: Why would you give a rematch to a guy you beat easily before? there is nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Same reason Mundine and Nasser were relentless approaching Green with offers, eventually enticing him out of retirement............MONEY. It was the biggest payday Mundine has ever seen. Same reason Mayweather talked about a Hatton rematch. It would draw huge money down under.

And just because Green had previously fought his entire career at 168 does not mean that he could comfortably make that weight any longer. James Toney fought at 160, are you suggesting his claims of being weight drained in his loss to Jones were just an excuse?

Green's weights in his comeback: 180 , 179.24 , 179.5 , 184 , 184 , 195. He struggled to make 179.

I don't think weight was the reason Green lost, but it's undisputable that he hurt himself making weight in his last couple of fights at 168.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next