The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a christmas tale by anthony mundine*hold on it's even more bizarre than you think)

2 posters

Go down

a christmas tale by anthony mundine*hold on it's even more bizarre than you think) Empty a christmas tale by anthony mundine*hold on it's even more bizarre than you think)

Post  shakefree Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:06 pm

AS far as mind-boggling plans go, fighting a 72kg world champion followed by a 90kg world champion is extreme even by Anthony Mundine's standards.
But The Man has revealed an extraordinary blueprint to achieve legendary status by fighting Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and then Danny Green's conqueror Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in successive bouts, starting with his first bout in the US in just six weeks.
The unprecedented jump from middleweight to cruiserweight has never been attempted by any champion.
With help from former enemy Jeff Fenech, Mundine hopes to lure the undefeated WBC middleweight champion Chavez Jr into a fight on February 4 in Texas.
"I am willing to break boundaries," Mundine told The Daily Telegraph. "What I've done in sport has never been done before. But what I do in the next five or six years, I want to achieve what could never be matched in boxing.
"I am here to let people know I am the best all-round athlete of all time. People in Australia know, but I want the whole world to know."
Mundine is confident of inflicting the first defeat upon Chavez Jr (44-0-1, 31KO) with only six weeks of preparation, then confronting WBC cruiserweight champion Wlodarczyk (46-2-1, 33KO), who stopped Green in 11 rounds last month.
"I believe Chavez is the best out there among the current crop of young champions, he is a complete fighter already," Mundine said of the 25-year-old prodigy who, like the Australian, is the son of a famous pugilist.
"But that is how much faith I have in my ability, six weeks is more than enough. Any less than that and it would be pretty crazy, but I peak in my training camps after three or four weeks, I am sharper at that point than later in the preparation.
"If I was a young kid like I was against Sven Ottke, it would probably be the same result (Mundine was knocked out) but I am a seasoned veteran now."
Mundine (43-4, 25KO) had been campaigning to fight WBA junior middleweight champion Austin Trout but realises that to make his name in the lucrative and influential American market, a fight against Chavez Jr will garner far more profile.
"Trout is a good young champion ... but Chavez is a star, he is a far better all-round fighter," Mundine said.
As for Wlodarczyk, Mundine was far from complimentary about the Pole.
"On his best day he can't beat me," Mundine said.
"He couldn't hit me with a handful of rice."
Fenech could receive an answer from the Chavez camp as early as today.
"Six weeks will be plenty for Anthony to prepare for Chavez, when I fought I never smoked, I never drank, and Anthony is the same,' Fenech said. "If it comes off, it would be a huge fight. It would put Anthony's name on the world stage. He has talked the talk, now he wants to walk the walk. At 36, I hope it's not too late, and I don't think it is."
If Mundine also fights at 76kg against Wlodarczyk (90.3kg), it would be the greatest weight concession in a title bout since Roy Jones Jr (88kg) defeated John Ruiz (103kg) to win the WBA heavyweight crown in 2003.
and to think this actually made it into a mass circulation newspaper Funny Shit
p.s there have been sightings of the easter bunny riding a pig over the skies lol!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

a christmas tale by anthony mundine*hold on it's even more bizarre than you think) Empty Re: a christmas tale by anthony mundine*hold on it's even more bizarre than you think)

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:33 am

lol, he won't get either fight. he must have had too many eggnog and spirit drinks.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down