The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Trout vs. Anthony Mundine ?

2 posters

Go down

Austin Trout vs. Anthony Mundine ? Empty Austin Trout vs. Anthony Mundine ?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:01 pm

The Championship Committee of the World Boxing Association has ordered a purse bid between the 154-pound "regular" champion, Austin Trout, and inertim-champion Anthony Mundine. The minimum amount for the purse bid is $150,000, and the ceremony will be held on Thursday March 29th at 11:00 am, at the headquarters of the WBA, located at Avenida Aquilino de la Guardia, in Marbella, Panama. WBA Executive Vice President Gilberto Jesus Mendoza will supervise the bid.

Trout has 24 wins, 14 by knockout and no defeats - and he would be making the third defense of his WBA belt.

Meanwhile, Australian boxer Mundine has 43 wins, with 25 KOs and 4 losses. He won the interim belt by defeating Rigoberto Alvarez in October of last year.

http://www.boxingscene.com/austin-trout-vs-anthony-mundine-purse-bid-set-3-29--50810

Back to top Go down

Austin Trout vs. Anthony Mundine ? Empty Re: Austin Trout vs. Anthony Mundine ?

Post  shakefree Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:15 pm

haha not much chance of this happening.trout's a live fish(pardon the pun) Funny Shit after spruiking to media here,that this year he's going to usa & chasing the big fights,it was reported here last weekend...better sit down to prepare yourselves for the shock.the big names are avoiding"the man",so he has a plan B.a second fight with danny green.not only has green been ko'd in his last 2 fights,i'm intrigued how much weight mundine would try to make him lose.green cruiserweight,mundine jmw.sad thing is some of the media believes this BS!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:11 am

shakefree wrote:haha not much chance of this happening.trout's a live fish(pardon the pun) Funny Shit after spruiking to media here,that this year he's going to usa & chasing the big fights,it was reported here last weekend...better sit down to prepare yourselves for the shock.the big names are avoiding"the man",so he has a plan B.a second fight with danny green.not only has green been ko'd in his last 2 fights,i'm intrigued how much weight mundine would try to make him lose.green cruiserweight,mundine jmw.sad thing is some of the media believes this BS!

You called it

Dan Rafael
Nobody from Anthony Mundine camp showed for today's purse bid for @NoDoubtTrout fight. Mundine never wanted it anyway. Now Trout can move on

Mundine is such a fraud
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:15 pm

i'd like to proclaim i'm nostradamus,but it was easy call.it's:"the mans" MO.he fights c level,proclaims he'll take on the world,then says they won't fight him.been watching this dance routine for years & the most annoying thing is they keep giving this fraud space.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Mundine Shreds Austin Trout: He's Desperate, a Nobody

Interim-WBA junior middleweight champion Anthony Mundine has categorically ruled himself out of a bout with full champion Austin Trout and is growing agitated in his need to secure a huge fight in the near future.

The 36 year-old, who also held a world belt at 168lbs, has won three in a row since a shock loss to Garth Wood in December 2010 and with his revenge mission, has beaten every man he has faced since 2005.

The Australian was linked to negotiations with Trout for some time, with ‘No Doubt’ even willing to travel to Mundine’s native country to make the fight, but ‘The Man’ looking a bigger fish in boxing’s sea of champions.

"I'm not going to fight a guy like Austin Trout who is laughable because he's really a nobody,” Mundine told FoxSports.au.

“If he came with a name and came with some pulling power (I'd fight him) - but I'm not going to let him use me and take my money.

"Austin Trout is a no-name. He's getting desperate. He's like a desperate dude that's looking for a pay day."

Mundine scored a unanimous victory over former IBO cruiserweight champion Danny Green in 2006 before moving back down to 154lbs and has even thought of a rematch with his compatriot at a catchweight as he looks elsewhere for a big name champion in the ilk of Saul Alvarez.

"I just want the big boys. That's where I belong. I'm getting impatient, just like my fans. I want to give the people what they want to see. In the meantime, I was even contemplating giving Danny Green a rematch at his weight,” he explained.

"The last time they talked about him having too much weight to lose. I'll give away 10 kilos if that what it takes to prove that I'm the best.

"But I don't want that. For me, personally, I don't want that. But if that's what's got to happen and time runs out for me, I want to do something and I want to do it big."

http://tinyurl.com/bpe2tsd
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Mundine calling anyone desperate is hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:16 pm

trout,most likely is better known with more boxing cred in us than mundine.the man being best known there i guess for jis classless post 9/11 comments.if he had a set & actually challenged himself by fighting trout,it'd do more for his chances of getting a banned racial word fight than his jibber jabber.
p.s hagler if by desperate you meant pathetic & full of it,i concur.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down