The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight?

+2
gomez1012
hardcorebee24
6 posters

Go down

Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight? Empty Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I believe Pac-Floyd Jr., if it ever does happen, would be a stinker, just like Floyd-JMM, Floyd-DLH, Floyd-Mosley, and the other 'few' fights this clown has "blessed" us with the last 5 years. I mean seriously, why would Pac-Floyd Jr be any different?

My Point? All ya'll can hold yer breath for a Pac-Floyd Jr fight, but as for me, I could give a fuck less if it ever happens, the hype over Floyd's fights never matches what you get to see in the ring from this P4P clown. Bring on JMM III, Berto, Bradley or Alexander for Pac, and lets quit wasting time thinking about a fight that will likely never happen, or if it does, figures to be another PPV "blockbuster" snoozefest.

Back to top Go down

Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight? Empty Re: Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Yes, I believe Manny's style and speed will turn it into an entertaining affair similar to the first Durav vs Leonard fight.

And I never found Floyd vs Oscar, Mosley or JMM stinkers, it was a joy to watch a world class boxer like Floyd display his outstanding skills.

Last edited by Ali on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight? Empty Re: Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight?

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Ring wrote:I believe Pac-Floyd Jr., if it ever does happen, would be a stinker, just like Floyd-JMM, Floyd-DLH, Floyd-Mosley, and the other 'few' fights this clown has "blessed" us with the last 5 years. I mean seriously, why would Pac-Floyd Jr be any different?

My Point? All ya'll can hold yer breath for a Pac-Floyd Jr fight, but as for me, I could give a fuck less if it ever happens, the hype over Floyd's fights never matches what you get to see in the ring from this P4P clown. Bring on JMM III, Berto, Bradley or Alexander for Pac and lets quit wasting time thinking about a fight that will likely never happen, or if it does, figures to be another PPV "blockbuster" snoozefest.

Any defense first or methodical athlete or team isn't exciting. You just have to arppreciate them for who they are. Let's take basketball for instance. The spurs and Tim Duncan were/are a methodical defensive team. Duncan is by and large boring and unspectacular he does however get the job done. Same with Floyd.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Yes, the PacMan would make it exciting
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Ali wrote:No, I believe Manny's style and speed will turn it into an entertaining affair similar to the first Durav vs Leonard fight.

And I never found Floyd vs Oscar, Mosley or JMM stinkers, it was a joy to watch a world class boxer like Floyd display his outstanding skills.

I don't think even a great entertainer like Pacquiao could turn this into a fight worth watching. As for Mayweather's world class boxing skills, let me take a moment to puke, I got halfway through watching a live stream of Floyd's fights with Oscar, Mosley and JMM and either fell asleep or turned it off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Calderon vs Segura was extremely entertaining.If Floyd keeps on remaining inactive I can see him slowing down similar to Calderon, he'll become more flat footed and will have to fight with Manny.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Floyd is going to have to stand and fight alot more as time goes on. It used to be he could use the shoulder roll, great reflexes, and his legs to frustrate opponents. His legs don't look the same. Pac should be able to force him to have to fight at times and I think it will be an interesting fight (though too tactical at times).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Ali wrote:Calderon vs Segura was extremely entertaining.If Floyd keeps on remaining inactive I can see him slowing down similar to Calderon, he'll become more flat footed and will have to fight with Manny.

+1

When the pressure is on, like in the Mosley fight, he'll be forced to trade

One thing that the Margarito fight showed, Manny can hurt Floyd to the body if he folded Tony over like that, take his legs away
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah, this is a good match-up. I don't think it'll ever happen, but the clash of styles is classic. It all boils down to can Floyd's D and counterpunching stand up to Manny's volume punching and combinations? Any real boxing fan wants that question answered, which is why it's so annoying that it probably never will be.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:14 pm

i love watching mayweather fight. even though hes not a KO artist, its fun to watch his skills at work.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i love watching mayweather fight. even though hes not a KO artist, its fun to watch his skills at work.

I do as well which is why I wish he'd do it more often. I enjoy watching others more, but I find Floyd entertaining to an extent.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Floyd can be beautiful to watch at times.

Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight? Mayweather

Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight? Pbfodlh

Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight? 14o0g2s

Pac vs Floyd - would this really be a good fight? 2yovmur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Man, he really did embarass Gatti that night, didn't he? Impressive.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Tobe wrote:Man, he really did embarrass Gatti that night, didn't he? Impressive.
i know when a fight is a total domination because i actually feel bad for the fighter. i rarely feel sorry for fighters because they know what they are getting themselves into, but sometimes i cant help but feel bad.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:45 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Tobe wrote:Man, he really did embarrass Gatti that night, didn't he? Impressive.
i know when a fight is a total domination because i actually feel bad for the fighter. i rarely feel sorry for fighters because they know what they are getting themselves into, but sometimes i cant help but feel bad.

Yup, I felt bad for Arturo that night too. I was watching that one in a bar with a bunch of people who had come to see "The Gatti fight" (didn't even know who Mayweather was) and were pretty disapointed. It's funny, non-boxing fans still didn't seem to appreciate the skills Floyd was showing; they just wanted to see another Gatti vs. Ward smash 'em up brawl.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:03 pm

partly agree ring.i certainly am way beyond caring if they fight,but if they do & i'm sure that it won't be a stinker.even if fmj wins he will need to be at his best because mp,i don't think,is going to just accept being outboxed.if his speed & angles don't get to flod then pac will turn it into a pier6 brawl.flod outboxes pac 99% of time,but can he do it with constant pressure being applied.can he win a fight,not a match. have my doubts.
anyway who cares about flod v pac when we have holyfiel v nielson.damn just writing that gives me(fill in your own derogatory comments)

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down