The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good fight while it lasted

+4
Soonermark890
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
Rum Capital
8 posters

Go down

good fight while it lasted Empty good fight while it lasted

Post  Rum Capital Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:39 pm

showtime should have vic-perez do it again as the undercard for agbeko-mares
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

good fight while it lasted Empty Re: good fight while it lasted

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:09 am

Yeah, I hate when fights end like that. It was such a great fight. And I honestly think Perez was going to take Darchinyan in the later rounds.

Perez has a chin made of concrete
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:19 am

According to Dan's tweets Vic was beating Perez up.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:24 am

Actually, that's the worst I've ever seen Perez look. He was off balance, his punches were wide and slow. Every right hand he threw looked like a rookie, his elbow way out. He was taking huge punishment & only had a few brief moments where he landed & stopped Vic from coming in. I'm not sure if he trained at all for this fight, considering it was the consolation bout.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:49 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Actually, that's the worst I've ever seen Perez look. He was off balance, his punches were wide and slow. Every right hand he threw looked like a rookie, his elbow way out. He was taking huge punishment & only had a few brief moments where he landed & stopped Vic from coming in. I'm not sure if he trained at all for this fight, considering it was the consolation bout.

Could it be Perez is on the decline ? 30 is pretty old for those weight classes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Perez will never fight Vic again is my bet. He quit in that fight he could have gone on.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Actually, that's the worst I've ever seen Perez look. He was off balance, his punches were wide and slow. Every right hand he threw looked like a rookie, his elbow way out. He was taking huge punishment & only had a few brief moments where he landed & stopped Vic from coming in. I'm not sure if he trained at all for this fight, considering it was the consolation bout.

Could it be Perez is on the decline ? 30 is pretty old for those weight classes.
I'm guessing because he started so late in life that he might already be hurting. He just had 5 straight wars that not too many fighters would have taken. I was shocked to see that he only had 22 pro fights at age 32.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:59 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:

I'm guessing because he started so late in life that he might already be hurting. He just had 5 straight wars that not too many fighters would have taken. I was shocked to see that he only had 22 pro fights at age 32.

I haven't seen the fight.
Dougie Fisher at ringtv. wrote an article and noted Perez had a ton of amateur fights (around 250). he has been in 5 straight super tough fights. He trains like a madman and lives a spartan lifestyle. He is normally a volume puncher (which someone at ring wrote an article about a year ago with the theory that volume punchers burn out and have relatively short careers). What does all that mean? Not sure, but he probably needs a break, move up in weight, and a relatively soft opponent to see if he has much left.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:35 am

Perez looked Shot. That was not the same guy that fought Agbeko or Mares. He just looked like shit, I think his career is pretty much done in the world class level. Vic was just Vic that night.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:22 am

Headbutt rule is bollocks, but at least the right man won.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:20 am

Diego408 wrote:Perez looked Shot. That was not the same guy that fought Agbeko or Mares. He just looked like shit, I think his career is pretty much done in the world class level. Vic was just Vic that night.

+1

Perez was rocked by the left hand every round

Sweet uppercut to drop Perez
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:02 pm

I still think Perez could have turned it around had it not been for the cut. Vic always slows down as the fight goes on. How he lost to King Kong and Mares
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:08 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I still think Perez could have turned it around had it not been for the cut. Vic always slows down as the fight goes on. How he lost to King Kong and Mares

True but he was getting hit a lot more by Vic and bigger shots
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:49 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I still think Perez could have turned it around had it not been for the cut. Vic always slows down as the fight goes on. How he lost to King Kong and Mares
Perez was done he wanted no more of Vic. I agree with what Vic said after the fight. He quit.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down