The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golovkin Macklin this weekend.

+6
EnragedSlayer
Jaime Lannister
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
dbudge
BoxingGenius
10 posters

Go down

Golovkin Macklin this weekend. Empty Golovkin Macklin this weekend.

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 pm

making the drive down from nyc and sitting ringside for this one, on paper it should be a very entertaining scrap. i dont see it going the distance but should be fun while it lasts. i got golovkin KOing macklin in 7. what say you?

undercards stacked up pretty nice too. pretty excited for a nice night of live boxing. havent attended a fight since floyd-mosley.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Golovkin Macklin this weekend. Empty Re: Golovkin Macklin this weekend.

Post  dbudge Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 pm

It's a good solid, competitive fight. I think macklin will easily be ggg toughest test, at the same time though macklin will be right there in front of him all night.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:51 pm

dbudge wrote:It's a good solid, competitive fight. I think macklin will easily be ggg toughest test, at the same time though macklin will be right there in front of him all night.

certainly not a chess match type fight, both guys are there to hit and be hit. those type of fights are always awesome to end cuz the crowd gets real into it, makes the atmosphere great. i like golovkin a lot and have wanted to see him live for a while. went to martinez-dzinziruk and berto-ortiz at foxwoods, its a nice little venue for fights of this size.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:55 am

GGG proves that his power is special tonight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Already DVR'd it, will watch it before falling asleep tomorrow morning, damn graveyard shift!
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaime Lannister Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:10 pm

I like Macklin a lot but I have a feeling Golovkin is going to score a highlight reel knockout tonight.

Jaime Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Ser Davos Seaworth wrote:I like Macklin a lot but I have a feeling Golovkin is going to score a highlight reel knockout tonight.

I think so as well. GGG literally spars with cruisers. He supposedly wears anyone smaller out with his shots.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 am

Man Golovkin can hit. The shot to the body that ended it was perfect, you don't get up from that.

As for the other fights I thought Gonzalez beat Oosthuizen. Oosthuizen looked clueless as to what to do on the inside. And Willie Nelson needs to fight taller and not give smaller guys an advantage he doesn't need to give up.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:05 am

Golovkin is an absolute beast. I'm glad that HBO are really trying to pump some money into giving him the exposure he rightly deserves, however i can still see him struggling to secure fights m. I think Martinez would be best advised to take a Chavez jr rematch and try to cash out as much as he can before handing over the reigns to the new king. Martinez legs have gone and the skill with which GGG cuts the ring off will mean it would just be a matter of time before the knockout. On Sky Sports after the fight, Johnny Nelson asked Martin Murray and Darren Barker, "how do you go about beating Golovkin", to which Murray responded, "by taking a baseball bat into the ring with you!"

Tommy Ousthuizen sucks. I've watched him fig a few times now and I just can't understand his high ranking in most organisations. He looks sloppy, slow, too upright and really doesn't hit with the force that a 168lb should do. I think Degale would beat him easily. Groves would stop him early, Stieglitz would bully him etc etc. I can see Arum cherry picking him for Chavez jr to make his move up to 168lb against though.

As for Golovkin's next assignment? Martinez is out injured, Geale is set to defend against Barker, I can't see Quillin being sold out this early, Arum will never let Chavez jr in with GGG. I think Sturm would be the next logical step. Sturm is German, K2 promotions (GGG promoter) is based in Germany, Sturm generates huge crowds there, Sturm is at the end of his career and will want 1 more big payday and Sturm has the highest ranking of anybody really available and would be a big name on GGG resume. Unless Ward demands the fight with GGG, which I really can't see, I think it will be Sturm next

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:02 am

Budgey boy. Golovkin is a force. Finding fights will definitely prove to be his toughest opponent. I really don't see any middleweight taking that challengs, including Sturm. Sturm would have to have a stipulation in his contract that GGG can't touch him above the shoulders. Golovkin may have to move up or continue fighting guys of lesser stature looking for paydays and TV dates. He should move up and kill Oouthiuzen, that guy does suck. GGG kills all conteders and champs at 160.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:36 am

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Sturm will want the fight. It just seems the next logical fight that will be made

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:09 pm

first the middleweight division is the worst by far ive ever seen.mediocre guys at best like macklin barker and geale are ranked high and and for the most part fought crap guys career wise...GGG is for real.his punch is done with decent leverage and delivery.he stalks well and is heavy handed to boot.there are two guys that can test him.martinez but hes vulnerable been decked in several of his last 10 fights..GGG should ko him..the other is kid chocalote a fighter  developing well  again because of the crap division we have  and  not tested well.
he ggg and Martinez are the class of the division..geale if he beats barker will fight either ggg or kid chocolate..whos next for ggg..don't be suprized if its david lemiuex..a sell out 17000 person crowd in Canada with or without hbo..im guessing hbo buys it..lemiuex has nothing to lose and if he puts up a good fight for 4 or 5 rounds in a loss he can be back in the mix.a showdown with the kid and ggg at a sold out crowed at the barkley center..yes the kid will take that fight.he could win it also..
no need for ggg to move up at all.not just yet.
hes likeable confident not cocky or arogant.clean cut interviews well.how can you not root for him.
a super star possibility in the making.
if I were handling him its lemiuex in Canada a stay busy fight with good cash and marketable.2 punchers that come to fight.then geale if he don't fight the kid then the kid..then maybe move up.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:19 am

i am a huge GGG fan. he just fights. thats what i love. he wants to fight anybody who is willing and is willing to fight anywhere at anytime. i cant see anybody at middleweight giving him problems.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:21 am

awesome fight night. really happy i went to this one. only caught the 3 televised fights but i was pretty happy about it. heres my thouhts. Nelson is trash, he towered over cuello and fought short, way to give up a huge advantage idiot. i had him winning on the cards, but losing the fight if that makes sense. he won more rounds but he got his ass beat lol the crowd definitely agreed, because the decision was booed heavily. tommy "squirt gun" didnt deserve a draw IMO, gonzales won that fight i think. oosthuzien or however you spell it really had nothing for him. i thought gonzales fought a really good fight against a much bigger opponent he deserved the W. now the main event, WOW. GGGs power shots have that "thudding sound" you hear people reference ringside about big punchers. when he throws a power shot, you hear it land throughout the whole arena. that body shot he put macklin down with just sounded brutally painful. macklin didnt get up for what felt like 20 minutes lol if a body shot does that you know it hurt and hurt bad. macklins no world beater, but GGG did a great job of cutting down the ring, and forcing his fight on macklin who was too willing to trade with this monster. every time GGG landed it looked like it hurt macklin. if im a middleweight promoter, im telling my guy to stay far far away from GGG. as a boxing fan, im telling all of these guys to sack up and get in the ring and get the KO u have coming to you. if the sergio who fought murray shows up, he doesnt last 7 rounds against GGG. this kids got some kind of killer instinct in there, you can see it in his eyes, hes like a starving lion hunting his prey. hes gonna eat lol

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:27 pm

I was there. Nice venue. Ran into Malignaggi in the bathroom. Nice guy, took pics with everyone. He was with some Asian chick. Not all that hot. Probably a 7 at best. Cuz of CT law you're only allowed to buy 1 beer at a time which sucked cuz I'm a double clutcher. You're allowed to leave the venue and go back in as much as u like. A lot of venues prohibit that. All in all a good experience just a bitch to get out there.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:39 am

SlickMoney wrote:I was there. Nice venue. Ran into Malignaggi in the bathroom. Nice guy, took pics with everyone. He was with some Asian chick. Not all that hot. Probably a 7 at best. Cuz of CT law you're only allowed to buy 1 beer at a time which sucked cuz I'm a double clutcher. You're allowed to leave the venue and go back in as much as u like. A lot of venues prohibit that. All in all a good experience just a bitch to get out there.

yea its the middle of nowhere, and the hotel rooms were real expensive, i think it was like $600 for the night at the MGM. solid card though and we had great seats so i didnt mind too much

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:42 am

did anyone else read on twitter that de la hoya was saying that quillin is the best middleweight in the world. he said that GGG needs to beat hassan n'dam n'jikam first to say that he was on quillins level. haha. the guy that quillin knocked down 6 times and still had trouble winning rounds against. im sure he was just saying it to get a rise out of people but it was a dumb statement to make. i would say that their resumes are about equal at this point but GGG has definitely looked more impressive.

i would love to see the fight but it wont happen. dont get me wrong, i think that quillin is a solid fighter but i just think that GGG has proven to be better.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:38 am

powerpuncher wrote:did anyone else read on twitter that de la hoya was saying that quillin is the best middleweight in the world. he said that GGG needs to beat hassan n'dam n'jikam first to say that he was on quillins level. haha. the guy that quillin knocked down 6 times and still had trouble winning rounds against. im sure he was just saying it to get a rise out of people but it was a dumb statement to make. i would say that their resumes are about equal at this point but GGG has definitely looked more impressive.

i would love to see the fight but it wont happen. dont get me wrong, i think that quillin is a solid fighter but i just think that GGG has proven to be better.

yea i saw that, love that fight!

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down