The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golovkin?

+2
flapanther2001
Soonermark890
6 posters

Go down

Golovkin? Empty Golovkin?

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 pm

So how does he stack up against

Geale?

Pirog?

Chavez Jr?

Martinez?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Golovkin? Empty Re: Golovkin?

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:So how does he stack up against

Geale? I think he KO's Geale

Pirog? Good fight. War of attrition....

Chavez Jr? Golovkin is only a Middleweight...LOL

Martinez? Proksa's style was similar to SM's, so I think he gets hit & lands often. The better chin survives.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:25 pm

sooner its hard to say but geale gets dumpted by him.pirog also unless he has a career best night.chavez has a chance.martinez age is catching up but if he has one big fight left that resembles the pavlik or williams fight he wins by ko.speed of hand and foot.golovkin can punch.both hands and is heavy handed.he digs well to the body with the left hook.thats the only punch he does extremly well.if this guy actualy learns leverage.get the hip body sholder an d swing of the punch all in tact fucking look out.he has several flaws.now if sergio was righthanded hed kill this guy.to slick to crafty as of now.every time golovkin tosses a jab for example he brings it back slow and very low.usualy between the waist and the nipple area of the chest.wide open for a counter right.he throws the jab also without using the sholder as protection and tucking the chin in a bit.tech wise he still falls short.pirog and geale are 2 good fights for him to take as he hopefully learns things.he can hit no doubt.his chin i guess is solid but still no need to get smashed with a good shot if he can learn to reduce his vulnerabilties.
he best stay at middle or fight 154 pounders that want to move up.no need to go to 168 especialy since hes in the learning process..with fine tuning he will be legit champ for 3 years then if hes smart say so long to the game.if he stays at this level hes a crapshot.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:56 pm

My take is he kills Geale and Pirog. Sergio has massive problems with a guy like him. He should be able to hit Sergio and vise versa. My guess is that he takes Sergio late. Chavez though is a nightmare for him. If Chavez can beat Sergio (which I think he will) I dont think Golovkin can beat him either.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Golovkin KOs Geale and Pirog. After Martinez-Chavez jr it's fair to say how Sergio could measure up to Golovkin because He is fighting someone similar to the style of Golovkin in Chavez jr but Chavez is not nearly as skilled and doesn't punch nearly as hard. If I had to say now, maybe a close Desicion for Martinez because he's actually a proven fighter. Golovkin vs Chavez has FOTY potential. However Golovkin ends up knocking out the defenseless Chavez.

When Golovkin starts facing tougher opposition, we'll see his few weaknesses. He's looked amazing against less than stellar fighters at this point.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:33 pm

He stacks up very well with either of those guys Power wise! He reminds me of Matthysse, boxer with power in both hands who might lose a couple of fights to slick boxer types but will be in every fight due to his POWER! And the most important thing about him is that much like Matthysse he will be fun to watch every time he is given a tv date! A GGG vs JCC jr fight would be fun for around 5 rounds then GGG KOs him!!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:42 am

difficult thing about matching him up with martinez is age. if this is a fantasy match up and we are assuming that martinez is going to fight like the martinez of a year ago for example, then i will pick martinez by decision. i think that he can outbox him and avoid a lot of his shots. if we are talking about a fight next year, then im not sure because i dont know how much longer martinez will hold up.

i think that golovkin beats jr. he just seems so heavy handed that jrs lack of defense is really going to show. i think that chavez has alright power but i dont think that it measures to golovkins. both have good chins too so i think it comes down to who has the power and determination to win.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down