The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

golovkin wants martinez

+4
Groundhog
SlickMoney
gomez1012
Rum Capital
8 posters

Go down

golovkin wants martinez Empty golovkin wants martinez

Post  Rum Capital Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:44 pm

idk if im jinxing him right before his fight versus ouma but .....
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/167725-golovkin-working-hard-while-awaiting-us-tv-exposure
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

golovkin wants martinez Empty Re: golovkin wants martinez

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Love to see it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:20 pm

I am sure Lou will have a reason for not wanting the fight Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Ali wrote:I am sure Lou will have a reason for not wanting the fight Mad

Of course. This is him on twitter just last night.

Fat Ass Dan: "Golovkin and Ouma swapping A LOT of leather through four rounds. Good fight so far."

Lou Replies....

"OMG,MARAVILLA MURDERS GOLOVKIN!"

No Neck Dan replies back....

"Probably. Pirog too. So make the fights."

Lou replies...

"WILL BE BIGGER STUFF AFTER BARKER."

Unless its Chavez Jr, Aint shit bigger than Pacquiao, Cotto, or Floyd. And that aint happening.

SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:37 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:I am sure Lou will have a reason for not wanting the fight Mad

Of course. This is him on twitter just last night.

Fat Ass Dan: "Golovkin and Ouma swapping A LOT of leather through four rounds. Good fight so far."

Lou Replies....

"OMG,MARAVILLA MURDERS GOLOVKIN!"

No Neck Dan replies back....

"Probably. Pirog too. So make the fights."

Lou replies...

"WILL BE BIGGER STUFF AFTER BARKER."

Unless its Chavez Jr, Aint shit bigger than Pacquiao, Cotto, or Floyd. And that aint happening.

Laughing Lou needs to come to the realization that Martinez isn't a huge star. Yes, Martinez is a quality boxer who's on a solid run right now, but he's still an Argentinean middle aged man who's been based in AC.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 pm

does DiBella really type in all caps? lol lol!

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Groundhog wrote:does DiBella really type in all caps? lol lol!

YES!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Lou is a fool. Martinez can careless about what career path Lou is taking him because regardless hes getting paid. Lou is fucking him up by matching him up with guys no one wants to see him with and then just bashing the right opponents (Golovkin and Pirog).
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Be a good fight. But Golovkin should fight against top ranked middle. Build it up a little. Maybe against Macklin or Sylvester

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:10 pm

I think Golovkin is probably the second best Middle follwed by Pirog. I want to see MArtinez fight both. Everyone else isnt very good.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Diego408 wrote:I think Golovkin is probably the second best Middle follwed by Pirog. I want to see MArtinez fight both. Everyone else isnt very good.

He hasn't done anything competition wise to prove that. Why he needs to fight a top middle and build his case.

Shit, him and Piroq should fight. That'd be a good fucking fight, and I'm sure Showtime would pick it up.

He's a nobody as it stands. And if Martinez fights and beats him, he'd get no props, same way he's getting nothing from beating Sergie D, who was a legit opponent but unknown in the US. And because he was an unknown, he immidatly get's written off. Sad, but true.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Diego408 wrote:I think Golovkin is probably the second best Middle follwed by Pirog. I want to see MArtinez fight both. Everyone else isnt very good.

He hasn't done anything competition wise to prove that. Why he needs to fight a top middle and build his case.

Shit, him and Piroq should fight. That'd be a good fucking fight, and I'm sure Showtime would pick it up. He's a nobody as it stands. And if Martinez fights and beats him, he'd get no props, same way he's getting nothing from beating Sergie D, who was a legit opponent but unknown in the US. And because he was an unknown, he immidatly get's written off. Sad, but true.
grant did you read the article?
because of his contract and case against universum golovkin can not be on amaerican networks until next year

The only thing holding Golovkin back is his lack of television exposure in the United States. A contract dispute with his former promoter, Germany-based Universum, prevents potential U.S. networks, such as HBO, Showtime and ESPN, from showcasing the middleweight standout until early 2012.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:15 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Shit, him and Piroq should fight. That'd be a good fucking fight, and I'm sure Showtime would pick it up.

He's a nobody as it stands. And if Martinez fights and beats him, he'd get no props, same way he's getting nothing from beating Sergie D, who was a legit opponent but unknown in the US. And because he was an unknown, he immidatly get's written off. Sad, but true.
If anything Baker is a bigger no body than Golovkin and Pirog. Golovkin is a bad man, will be a force in the future.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:18 am

GrantZilla wrote:

THIS!!!!! Good Idea. Put it on the Martinez Barker undercard.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:51 am

Diego408 wrote:If anything Baker is a bigger no body than Golovkin and Pirog. Golovkin is a bad man, will be a force in the future.

Not disputing that. Just saying he needs to get a fight on US TV against a top Middle, and build it up.

Barker was a last resort. Seems HBO is pushing for Geale. Which is a far better opponent at this point then Barker. But it'll just be Martinez against another no name to most people, since Geale is not known at all in the US.

Like how Martinez's win against Sergei D has been written off as no big deal because Sergei was an unknown. Which is bullshit, because he was a legit opponent. But that's how it is. If your unknown, to most people, that means you must suck.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:54 am

The sad thing is middleweight has potential for some exciting fights that won't happen. Sergio is a couple classes above anyone but he can KO Barker and then Lee while waiting for someone to earn a shot. The WBA could have their own 4 person tournament with 3 of the fighters being their 3 "champs". Let Golovkin fight N'Jikam to determine who faces the Sturm-Macklin winner. Add in a Geale-Pirog fight and we got trinkets galore, solid fighters, and good fights. If the Geale-Pirog winner faced the WBA winner, we would have a very legit challenger to Sergio. I think Geale, Pirog, and Golovkin would be up for it but I can't see Sturm doing it. I don't know anything about N'Jikam.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down