matthysse is a beast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

matthysse is a beast

Post  powerpuncher on Sat May 18, 2013 11:54 pm

he absolutely destroyed peterson! he is just getting better every fight. i really hope that him and garcia can get the fight made. thats such a good fight. i was more leaning towards garcia to win it before but im slowly now leaning towards matthysse. either way it would be a great fight.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  NJBeatdown86 on Sun May 19, 2013 12:45 am

Garcia had a great "OH SHIT" look on his face...but until they are in the ring together, I won't hold my breath on them fighting, since both are managed by Satan.
avatar
NJBeatdown86

Posts : 1789
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 31
Location : Kendall Park, NJ

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  dmar5143 on Sun May 19, 2013 5:00 am

ill be rooting for LM.he has a huge punch.boy if he actualy hit petterson with a flush shot delivered well its career is over type of thing.
he has several flaws but the big equalizer indeed.
avatar
dmar5143

Posts : 2248
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  captainanddew on Sun May 19, 2013 1:12 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Garcia had a great "OH SHIT" look on his face...but until they are in the ring together, I won't hold my breath on them fighting, since both are managed by Satan.

I showed my 6 yr old son a repeat of the fight. I showed him post-fight as well. I told him Garcia was the guy they just showed and he is supposed to fight LM next. Son's exact response, "he didn't look like he wanted to fight him. "

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  powerpuncher on Mon May 20, 2013 3:02 am

the fight in supposedly in the works right now with LM and garcia. lets hope it works out. the undercard is supposed to be peterson vs zab. thats a solid card.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  Soonermark890 on Mon May 20, 2013 5:17 pm

They might be right he might be the replacement for Manny Pac. He is a really exciting fighter with great power. I am a big fan.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 35
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  Soonermark890 on Mon May 20, 2013 5:17 pm

powerpuncher wrote:the fight in supposedly in the works right now with LM and garcia. lets hope it works out. the undercard is supposed to be peterson vs zab. thats a solid card.
Thats a great card.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 35
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  captainanddew on Mon May 20, 2013 11:29 pm

part of an eric raskin piece for grantland:

I spent a few minutes after the fight talking with Bernard Hopkins, who has supported Garcia, a fellow Philadelphian, throughout the younger boxer’s career. “I don’t want to see that fight now," Hopkins said of Matthysse-Garcia. “Danny’s style, it’s tailor made for Matthysse." B-Hop feels that the way to beat Matthysse is to play defense for several rounds and frustrate him before opening up. “If it was me against Matthysse, you all would be booing for the first six rounds," Hopkins said. “Against a guy who can fight like that, who has dynamite in both hands, you let him blow off some steam. Peterson was doing the right thing for one round, but he either got brave or tired."

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  captainanddew on Mon May 20, 2013 11:33 pm

-I agree with BHOP.

-1- Garcia's style is tailor made for LM (though I'm not going to count him out)
-2-The way to beat Matthyse is to keep moving and open up more when LM tires.

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  powerpuncher on Tue May 21, 2013 2:27 am

captainanddew wrote:-I agree with BHOP.

-1- Garcia's style is tailor made for LM (though I'm not going to count him out)
-2-The way to beat Matthyse is to keep moving and open up more when LM tires.
i agree with both. LM obviously has tremendous power and will be able to hurt just about anybody. as you said, i still wouldnt count garcia out though. even though LM has improved over time, zab and alexander both lasted the fight with him and both are boxers.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  captainanddew on Tue May 21, 2013 9:55 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
captainanddew wrote:-I agree with BHOP.

-1- Garcia's style is tailor made for LM (though I'm not going to count him out)
-2-The way to beat Matthyse is to keep moving and open up more when LM tires.
i agree with both. LM obviously has tremendous power and will be able to hurt just about anybody. as you said, i still wouldnt count garcia out though. even though LM has improved over time, zab and alexander both lasted the fight with him and both are boxers.

1-LM vs Zab was at a time where LM hadn't faced anyone close to that level. I think it was a big step up in class and LM showed that he belonged, but wasn't able to get over the hump. I don't think I scored that fight for LM(but it was dead even). As for the Alexander matchup-LM won that damn fight. That was a hometown decision.

2-LM is improving. Everyone is talking about the right hand and his left hook is doing damage as well now. He isn't as wild. Even in round 1 you could see some head movement. He is in decent defensive position. Against Mike Dallas, we saw a feint to get Dallas to commit. Against Peterson, we saw a right to the body to make Peterson move so that the left hook could land. There is an understanding of how to put movements together to create the openings. More craft than he used to have. He has a good chin and can be hit, but he isn't eating shots for no reason. If he wants to continue to improve he needs to work on using the jab more.

3-Danny G isn't going to be on his bike like Devon was for alot of the fight. Danny is a boxer/puncher and will eventually stand and trade with LM. I can't recall a single fight where Garcia boxed someone's ears off. It has been power that bailed him out for the most part. Against Morales in the first fight (which was an actual contest for 7-8 rounds, his power began to wear down the old man). Kahn was landing some good shots before Danny landed the big left hook to change it all. Zab weathered the early storm and came on strong in the last 4-5 rounds. Garcia won all of those fights by hurting the opponent, not really giving them boxing lessons.

I really would love to see the fight. I think LM will catch up to Garcia, but Garcia might have enough power to earn LM's respect (or maybe even hurt LM).


_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  powerpuncher on Wed May 22, 2013 2:45 am

im mainly saying for the zab and alexander fights that he wasnt able to KO them. not that he did or didnt win. so i think it shows that the way to last the whole fight is to really stay away and use a jab.

the main question for the garcia fight would be can LM take a good counter from garcia? garcia has a solid chin. it isnt made of granite but he is tough and can take some punches. im assuming that he will only be able to take so many of LM's punches which means that garcia needs to counter early in the fight to see if he can really hurt LM or not. LM is definitely opened for counters which is why i give garcia a pretty good chance to win it, but garcia isnt a great defensive fighter which means that he will get hit quite a bit in the fight. either way, i dont see the fight going past the mid rounds.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  Diego408 on Wed May 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Danny Garcia looked frightened after Matthysse knocked out Peterson. I'm surprised Garcia is in negotiations to fight Matthysse. I thought this was a fight he would never take. Last year he was talking about how he was not going to fight Matthysse because he wasn't a good fighter. Well when that bell rings, Garcia is going to regret taking the fight.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  Soonermark890 on Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Diego408 wrote:Danny Garcia looked frightened after Matthysse knocked out Peterson. I'm surprised Garcia is in negotiations to fight Matthysse. I thought this was a fight he would never take. Last year he was talking about how he was not going to fight Matthysse because he wasn't a good fighter. Well when that bell rings, Garcia is going to regret taking the fight.
THANK YOU. I was just about to post how nervous he looked after the fight trying to nod his head like he wasnt worried. I am not sure who will win this fight. Garcia is that fighter that just knows how to win because he is good at everything. Not great but good at everything. LM is a monster so all he has to do is start touching him not even catch him and Garcia could be in big trouble.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 35
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  boxinglawyer on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:21 am

Garcia will win every round against Matthyse right up to the point that LM knocks him out. Which will be somewhere around round 5 or 6.

boxinglawyer

Posts : 373
Join date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  BoxingGenius on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 am

boxinglawyer wrote: Garcia will win every round against Matthyse right up to the point that LM knocks him out. Which will be somewhere around round 5 or 6.
every round is a stretch, garcia is not some elite boxer who your only shot against is KOing him. if khan and zab won rounds i think LM does too

BoxingGenius

Posts : 280
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  powerpuncher on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:43 am

BoxingGenius wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote: Garcia will win every round against Matthyse right up to the point that LM knocks him out. Which will be somewhere around round 5 or 6.
every round is a stretch, garcia is not some elite boxer who your only shot against is KOing him. if khan and zab won rounds i think LM does too
the problem is that zab and khan both have very fast hands. they were able to use that speed effectively. LM is not that fast and will not stand on the outside like those two. garcia will be looking to counter while LM tries to land a big shot.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  BoxingGenius on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:58 am

powerpuncher wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote: Garcia will win every round against Matthyse right up to the point that LM knocks him out. Which will be somewhere around round 5 or 6.
every round is a stretch, garcia is not some elite boxer who your only shot against is KOing him. if khan and zab won rounds i think LM does too
the problem is that zab and khan both have very fast hands. they were able to use that speed effectively. LM is not that fast and will not stand on the outside like those two. garcia will be looking to counter while LM tries to land a big shot.
i dont think he outboxes garcia at all but LM has the type of power where even a glancing blow can stagger you its crazy. that being said, he lands a big punch on danny that doesnt necessarily put him down, danny will go into defensive mode and LM wins some rounds on that alone. garcia is not a good enough boxer to pitch a shutout against LM no way no how, even if just up until he is KO'd. i actually predicted LM to KO peterson early, id say garcia lasts a bit longer maybe 5 rounds. matthysse has turned into an absolute beast and has gained power over the years (not that he needed any more). i read an interview with him where he said he wants manny, imagine that fight? itd be like rock em sock em robots lol

BoxingGenius

Posts : 280
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  powerpuncher on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:45 am

BoxingGenius wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote: Garcia will win every round against Matthyse right up to the point that LM knocks him out. Which will be somewhere around round 5 or 6.
every round is a stretch, garcia is not some elite boxer who your only shot against is KOing him. if khan and zab won rounds i think LM does too
the problem is that zab and khan both have very fast hands. they were able to use that speed effectively. LM is not that fast and will not stand on the outside like those two. garcia will be looking to counter while LM tries to land a big shot.
i dont think he outboxes garcia at all but LM has the type of power where even a glancing blow can stagger you its crazy. that being said, he lands a big punch on danny that doesnt necessarily put him down, danny will go into defensive mode and LM wins some rounds on that alone. garcia is not a good enough boxer to pitch a shutout against LM no way no how, even if just up until he is KO'd. i actually predicted LM to KO peterson early, id say garcia lasts a bit longer maybe 5 rounds. matthysse has turned into an absolute beast and has gained power over the years (not that he needed any more). i read an interview with him where he said he wants manny, imagine that fight? itd be like rock em sock em robots lol
no way manny takes that fight at this point of his career. haha.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  powerpuncher on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:46 am

i dont know what it is about garcia but i like him. so logically, i think that LM wins by KO, but i keep imagining in my mind garcia landing a huge counter shot and ending it. haha. i guess we will see.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: matthysse is a beast

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum