The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthysse-Olusegun

+5
UBeeg9cats
dbudge
Rum Capital
captainanddew
GrantZilla
9 posters

Go down

Matthysse-Olusegun   Empty Matthysse-Olusegun

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:04 am

It'll be on the Bailey-Alexander undercard. Not a bad co-feature.

http://tinyurl.com/875gc5c
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Matthysse-Olusegun   Empty Re: Matthysse-Olusegun

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:18 am

who the bleep is he? I have looked at him on boxrec before and what is there is all I know. Undefeated. 31 or 32 is his age; 30 wins or so. mediocre KO%. fights out of the UK but was born in Nigeria (may have lived there until he turned pro-no idea).

anyone seen him fight???
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:13 pm

He was going to be Garcia's mandatory until Khan's schedule became free.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 pm

captainanddew wrote:who the bleep is he? I have looked at him on boxrec before and what is there is all I know. Undefeated. 31 or 32 is his age; 30 wins or so. mediocre KO%. fights out of the UK but was born in Nigeria (may have lived there until he turned pro-no idea).

anyone seen him fight???
he's been on shobox before not a bad fighter.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm

captainanddew wrote:who the bleep is he? I have looked at him on boxrec before and what is there is all I know. Undefeated. 31 or 32 is his age; 30 wins or so. mediocre KO%. fights out of the UK but was born in Nigeria (may have lived there until he turned pro-no idea).

anyone seen him fight???

Olusegun is a pretty solid boxer. He has been about for a while, he's been the WBC mandatory number 1 for a long time now. He's well experienced and a well schooled boxer, just lacks any power and is boring as fuck to watch. He could frustrate Mattysse though, however this is a big step up for him

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Olusegun looked good enough in the Chebah fight that I was going to pick him over Garcia if they fought. Unfortunately for him, he is getting matched up with Matthysse instead.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:14 pm

I have never seen this guy fight ( Olusegun)! But Mattysse is a bad man! Hope he steamrolls this guy and gets a fight with Garcia or Rios if he moves up!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 am

This is one of the things youtube has on Olusegun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAd375ehEiE

Looks to me that he throws too wide for a guy with a less than 50% KO ratio.

Those punches had better hurt, or Matthysse will have a field day.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 am

thanks for this..the guy looks like he doesnt know how to punch or to maximize his power.no leverage at all poor balance poor extension upon impact.forget a ko percentage.at times thats misleading.what is shown here against so so opposition tells the story.he has no defense when tossing his sloppy punches.easy to hit so matthesee should land with full impact on this guy.unless theres huge improvement its lights out inside 4...add to the fact this guy doesnt look heavyhanded.you can makes some of thoses mistakes if your heavyhanded and still hurt a guy..id like to see something of this guy that says that this was just a bad clip but i doubt it.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 am

dmar5143 wrote:thanks for this..the guy looks like he doesnt know how to punch or to maximize his power.no leverage at all poor balance poor extension upon impact.forget a ko percentage.at times thats misleading.what is shown here against so so opposition tells the story.he has no defense when tossing his sloppy punches.easy to hit so matthesee should land with full impact on this guy.unless theres huge improvement its lights out inside 4...add to the fact this guy doesnt look heavyhanded.you can makes some of thoses mistakes if your heavyhanded and still hurt a guy..id like to see something of this guy that says that this was just a bad clip but i doubt it.

You're welcome.

And you are right about KO% often not telling the whole story...but here it just might.

Matthysse will take one look at his looping style and come straight down the middle.

You might be too generous giving it 4.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:15 am

This is going to be a fun, fun fight. I expect Matthysse will wear Olusegun down in the middle rounds. He's not a scrub though and he'll land some shots.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down