The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale)

3 posters

Go down

Muhammad Ali vs Joe Louis

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) I_vote_lcap58%The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]
The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) I_vote_lcap42%The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) I_vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 12

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) Empty The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale)

Post  freakzilla Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:08 am

Just vote for who you think would win the fight if both fighters were at their peak in a 15 round fight.

Muhammad Ali vs Joe Louis
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale)

Post  powerpuncher Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:34 am

its tied at 3-3. i think that you could make a good argument for either fighter in this. you could argue that someone like henry cooper could get to ali and land a left hook that almost put him out and louis is a great finisher. also that norton could time his jab and get off his jab first.

you could also argue that conn outboxed louis and ali was bigger and better than conn and wouldnt have gotten stupid and the end and just won a decision.

im fine with either answer although i think that ali can outbox louis. i just dont think that louis was the right style to beat ali. he was a boxer puncher that could throw great combinations on the inside and could keep his distance with his jab if he wanted. ali just had a great chin and a ton of heart. his stamina was also great. i think that it would be close but ali pulls out a decisive victory.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Finale)

Post  freakzilla Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 am

4-4. We need someone to decide this.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:20 am

put me down for louis.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 am

dmar5143 wrote:put me down for louis.

Can you just vote at the top please?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Voting is closed.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks for all the votes gents. Muhammad Ali beat Joe Louis 6-5 in a closely fought finale to be voted the greatest Heavyweight in boxing history.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down