The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GBP conceding to Arum

5 posters

Go down

GBP conceding to Arum Empty GBP conceding to Arum

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:39 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33333

Oscar saying they'll step back to allow Arum to do the fight and now this

Not looking good for the the "future" of boxing

W/out Alvarez or Khan, they dont have much

They can have all the exclusive deals they want, but without fighters (product) those deals are worthless
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

GBP conceding to Arum Empty Re: GBP conceding to Arum

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:42 pm

I also think what Arum mentioned is pretty fair

147 limit with the restriction that Pac cant weigh over 150 on fight night

Legit
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33333

Oscar saying they'll step back to allow Arum to do the fight and now this

Not looking good for the the "future" of boxing

W/out Alvarez or Khan, they dont have much

They can have all the exclusive deals they want, but without fighters (product) those deals are worthless

i agree, Golden Boy have over-invested (and trusted), only a tiny minority of prospects that have near enough all had damaging losses since. They have a lot of old fighters on their books whose best days are behind them. they even signed Malignaggi up claiming it was to help their stand in New York when they already had Jacobs, who got a reality check. it doesn't look for Golden Boy right now, they seem to have this exclusive contract with HBO and as a result it seems the other promoters don't wish to do business with them, i don't think their business relationship with other promoters has been helped either by poaching their talent. it would look as if Gary Shaw is going to lose Tim Bradley to them as well as soon as the Alexander fight/s are done with. all the fighters want to go with Golden Boy because they know they can enjoy high reward-low risk paydays at HBO's expense. i don't think what De La Hoya claims he has set out to do in boxing is the truth because he hasn't done anything to back that up. they haven't invested properly in talent and they still broadcast crappy fights like Mora vs Mosley on PPV because they promise their fighters imaginary huge money. Khan got over $1million to fight Malignaggi on a BAD show, i think Malignaggi got near to that as well, i really can't see how Golden Boy are making significant profit on shows like that. it's not like they've invested in Khan's talent either because it was Frank Warren that got him his World title and built his star. Golden Boy came along with a blank chequebook and the rest is history

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:50 pm

dbudge wrote:
i agree, Golden Boy have over-invested (and trusted), only a tiny minority of prospects that have near enough all had damaging losses since. They have a lot of old fighters on their books whose best days are behind them. they even signed Malignaggi up claiming it was to help their stand in New York when they already had Jacobs, who got a reality check. it doesn't look for Golden Boy right now, they seem to have this exclusive contract with HBO and as a result it seems the other promoters don't wish to do business with them, i don't think their business relationship with other promoters has been helped either by poaching their talent. it would look as if Gary Shaw is going to lose Tim Bradley to them as well as soon as the Alexander fight/s are done with. all the fighters want to go with Golden Boy because they know they can enjoy high reward-low risk paydays at HBO's expense. i don't think what De La Hoya claims he has set out to do in boxing is the truth because he hasn't done anything to back that up. they haven't invested properly in talent and they still broadcast crappy fights like Mora vs Mosley on PPV because they promise their fighters imaginary huge money. Khan got over $1million to fight Malignaggi on a BAD show, i think Malignaggi got near to that as well, i really can't see how Golden Boy are making significant profit on shows like that. it's not like they've invested in Khan's talent either because it was Frank Warren that got him his World title and built his star. Golden Boy came along with a blank chequebook and the rest is history

Yep, they are living off HBO's buck and seems like that ship has sailed

And your right, promoters dont like working with them. How Arum feels about them, is how the majority of other promoters see them too.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:55 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Yep, they are living off HBO's buck and seems like that ship has sailed

And your right, promoters dont like working with them. How Arum feels about them, is how the majority of other promoters see them too.

it's like the rich kid at school, secretly everybody despises them through jealousy but there will always be the hangers on that are only there for their own personal gain

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Oscar has become a despicable cretin.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:12 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Oscar has become a despicable cretin.

do you not think he always was but the radiant smile is a smokescreen??? to have a private meeting with Pacquiao over dinner and offer a case full of cash isn't the usual and legitimate way to conduct business i'm sure. especially seeing as Pacquiao was already under contract

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:35 pm

dbudge wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Oscar has become a despicable cretin.

do you not think he always was but the radiant smile is a smokescreen??? to have a private meeting with Pacquiao over dinner and offer a case full of cash isn't the usual and legitimate way to conduct business i'm sure. especially seeing as Pacquiao was already under contract
I've been calling Oscar out since he began GBP. I knew he was a wolf in sheep's clothing from the beginning. I also felt that him owning Ring Magazine was a conflict considering they rank fighters & Oscar promotes.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Not a bad payday if they offer Marquez what he got for Mayweather plus a cut of the PPV.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:49 pm

arums offer is extremly fair and a correct one.his reasoning is sound..soo pacquio will fight someone for sure.if marquez wants to be first choice then take the same money he got for mayweather..if he dont agree its see you later .take a walk..if he cant or wont recognize that then him wanting pac is just talk..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:52 pm

dmar5143 wrote:arums offer is extremly fair and a correct one.his reasoning is sound..soo pacquio will fight someone for sure.if marquez wants to be first choice then take the same money he got for mayweather..if he dont agree its see you later .take a walk..if he cant or wont recognize that then him wanting pac is just talk..

Pac's head must be spinning...........huge responsibility to be courted..........LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:00 am

flapanther2001 wrote: I also felt that him owning Ring Magazine was a conflict considering they rank fighters & Oscar promotes.

There been zero evidence of any GB influence on The Ring. And it would be totaly stupid if there was because The Ring lose cred and be usless.

Lots of companies own other investiments that run total seperate from the main company. ESPN is owned by fucking Disney. Yet, do you see Mickey Mouse on ESPN?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:37 am

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content8911.html

Gloden Boys side of things:

Oscar is saying he's allowing the JMM fight to go forward because JMM deserves it and it's for the good of the sport. I don't buy this crap at all. Interesting stuff how Shane and his "investment" are being treated.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:17 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content8911.html

Oscar is saying he's allowing the JMM fight to go forward because JMM deserves it and it's for the good of the sport. I don't buy this crap at all. Interesting stuff how Shane and his "investment" are being treated.

Shane is a free to do what he wants, they dont want to run Marquez off too
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content8911.html

Shane is a free to do what he wants, they dont want to run Marquez off too

I'm talking about the offer to buy shane out for 1000 bucks.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:30 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Hahaha

Oscar to Mosley - Have some soul glow and a nose job. GO AWAY
GBP conceding to Arum Soul-glo
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Hahaha

Oscar to Mosley - Have some soul glow and a nose job. GO AWAY
GBP conceding to Arum Soul-glo

Whats going to happen to Hopkins when he wants out? I always thought the "investment" and "partnership" was fucking horse shit, this just proves it.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:36 pm

1000 to buy out shanes 5 percent of golden boy..shaffer and oscar and company are far bigger scums then arum ever thought of being.they conned hopkins mosley and wright to play a soo called important part of golden bioy but there now old cant draw flies type of fighters..golden boy by saying marquez its ok to go on your own but mosely isnt is a joke..it tells me they will not represent floyd if there ever is a pac fight since oscar claimed arum dont want to do business with us..golden boys hbo contract is about over and this 1000 nonsence says golden boy is going downhill fast..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:38 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Whats going to happen to Hopkins when he wants out? I always thought the "investment" and "partnership" was fucking horse shit, this just proves it.

My buddy tells me Hopkins has Schaefer by the balls
He forced them to do the Jones rematch

They are scared of being raped by the former inmate
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:05 pm

LOL

Oscar and Schaefer arent even on the same page, looks like DLH wants to make $$$, but Schaefer is letting his ego get in the way

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/11/29/richard-schaefer-targets-manny-pacquiao-juan-manuel-marquez-iii/

Can you address the story ran by BoxingScene.com during which Oscar De La Hoya said that Golden Boy Promotions would step aside and essentially allow Top Rank to be the lead promoter of a Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez fight?

I don't know why Oscar made that comment, but I'm going to do my best to get a fight done with Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, and that's all that I'm going to say.

As far as what these negotiations might look like or what they might be in the end, why speculate on things and why do that? That's not my style, never was and never will be. You know, I'm just going to do whatever I can.

As I told the media after the fight on Saturday night, I'm going to do whatever is in my power to get Marquez that third fight with Manny Pacquiao, which is the fight that everybody wants to see.

He then goes on to talk about Guerrero's future opponents
Schaefer mentions Litzau as an opponent for Guerrero even though he already knocked him TFO lol
Guerrero vs Linares should happen, says HBO interested
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 pm

gomez1012 wrote:LOL

Oscar and Schaefer arent even on the same page, looks like DLH wants to make $$$, but Schaefer is letting his ego get in the way

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/11/29/richard-schaefer-targets-manny-pacquiao-juan-manuel-marquez-iii/

Can you address the story ran by BoxingScene.com during which Oscar De La Hoya said that Golden Boy Promotions would step aside and essentially allow Top Rank to be the lead promoter of a Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez fight?

I don't know why Oscar made that comment, but I'm going to do my best to get a fight done with Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, and that's all that I'm going to say.

As far as what these negotiations might look like or what they might be in the end, why speculate on things and why do that? That's not my style, never was and never will be. You know, I'm just going to do whatever I can.

As I told the media after the fight on Saturday night, I'm going to do whatever is in my power to get Marquez that third fight with Manny Pacquiao, which is the fight that everybody wants to see.

He then goes on to talk about Guerrero's future opponents
Schaefer mentions Litzau as an opponent for Guerrero even though he already knocked him TFO lol
Guerrero vs Linares should happen, says HBO interested

All this tells me is that the end is near. We see Schaefer start his own company soon or both fade into bolivian and Schaefer walks away with a lot of Oscar's money.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 pm

All this tells me is that the end is near. We see Schaefer start his own company soon or both fade into bolivian and Schaefer walks away with a lot of Oscar's money. [/quote]

aahhhhhhh.............."bolivian"........LOL carry on

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down