The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just watched the Khan fight

+9
SlickMoney
powerpuncher
NJBeatdown86
Diego408
UBeeg9cats
GrantZilla
boxinglawyer
captainanddew
Soonermark890
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just watched the Khan fight Empty Just watched the Khan fight

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Damn he has no chin. BTW am I the only one who thinks it might have been a bad stoppage? He looked to be in better shape than when he got knocked down the first time.

The other thing I noticed is they keep saying on HBO "a star is born" when referring to Garcia. NOPE!!!
Danny Garcia will never be a star. He lacks excitement.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Just watched the Khan fight Empty Re: Just watched the Khan fight

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:35 pm

getting ready to rewatch it again.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:49 pm

that knockdown and khan's legs looked like zab judah against kostya tszyu.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:58 pm

captainanddew wrote:that knockdown and khan's legs looked like zab judah against kostya tszyu.
I know I thought the fight was over right then.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:18 pm

He reminds me of Lennox Lewis. Great talent and athletic ability. Like Lewis, he is gonna have to develop the skills and style to protect that chin. Otherwise, he is gonna get put to sleep a lot.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't think it was a bad stoppage. Khan's legs were gone. He wasn't going to recover. All you would have got if the fight continues would be more knockdowns and Khan taking an unnecessary beating
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Damn he has no chin. BTW am I the only one who thinks it might have been a bad stoppage? He looked to be in better shape than when he got knocked down the first time.

The other thing I noticed is they keep saying on HBO "a star is born" when referring to Garcia. NOPE!!!

I agree that he looked a lot shakier after the first KD. Even though I agree with you on that, I think the stoppage is correct. The little bit of punch resistance Khan has was gone and this fight could've gotten real ugly if it continued.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:38 pm

watching the replay. I understand why Roach wanted to stop it prior to round 4.

Kahn's legs were all messed up. His neurons were all scrambled.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 pm

I thought it was a bad stoppage. He looked fit to fight. He may of been hurt, but he was capable of going on and finishing the round. He looked a lot more hurt in the 1st KD.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Damn he has no chin. BTW am I the only one who thinks it might have been a bad stoppage? He looked to be in better shape than when he got knocked down the first time.

I think Khan was still with it mentally after the third knockdown, but his legs were clearly gone. He could have been hurt worse flopping around the ring anymore at that point. I think it was a good stoppage.

Danny Garcia can become an attraction, but they (Oscar/Schafer/Al) need to put a muzzle on the dad. He's always behaved like a jackass before and after every fight, he's one of those nutjob parents who couldn't make it as an athlete and is living out their failed ambitions through the kid.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:46 am

i dont think that garcia will ever be star either but it was a great win for him. i think that he will have some more good wins in his career and probably a few bad losses.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:27 am

I am sorry but your last line makes no sense. Garcia just knocked out a top guy and yet he lacks excitement ?

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Ali wrote:

I am sorry but your last line makes no sense. Garcia just knocked out a top guy and yet he lacks excitement ?

I see where he's coming from. I don't see a star in Garcia. He doesn't have that "it" factor. He has no fanbase as of right now. Steve Kim made a great observation in saying Garcia has fought in Vegas more times than in his hometown of Philadelphia. That's sad. If Golden Boy puts Garcia's next fight (excluding a Floyd fight) anywhere other then Philly than they're no better than Gary Shaw as promoters.

Glen Johnson KO'ed Roy Jones and didn't make him a star.

B-Hop KO'ed 2 of the most populars fighters in the last 25 years and still didn't become a star.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:

I see where he's coming from. I don't see a star in Garcia. He doesn't have that "it" factor. He has no fanbase as of right now. Steve Kim made a great observation in saying Garcia has fought in Vegas more times than in his hometown of Philadelphia. That's sad. If Golden Boy puts Garcia's next fight (excluding a Floyd fight) anywhere other then Philly than they're no better than Gary Shaw as promoters.

B-Hop KO'ed 2 of the most populars fighters in the last 25 years and still didn't become a star.

Just because he hasn't been marketed better or hyped more during promotions thus far in his career doesn't mean the ship has sailed forever.

Garcia is a personable and likeable kid who can be elevated if it is done the right way.

And having a crackpot dad may actually be a plus if done right.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Given the fact that Golden Boy stuck Khan in Vegas fights instead if trying to build him up in England or even NY makes ne think they'll drop the ball with Garcia. His next fight HAS to be in Philly.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Given the fact that Golden Boy stuck Khan in Vegas fights instead if trying to build him up in England or even NY makes ne think they'll drop the ball with Garcia. His next fight HAS to be in Philly.

Cant argue with that logic.

Build up the kid in his hometown, something that shoulda been done long time ago.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:18 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Given the fact that Golden Boy stuck Khan in Vegas fights instead if trying to build him up in England or even NY makes ne think they'll drop the ball with Garcia. His next fight HAS to be in Philly.

They'll dump him in LA or Vegas next, he should be built up around Philly/A.C/NYC. Have him fight at the Wells Fargo Center, it will be like Adamek at The Rock, Ward at the Oracle Center or even Guerrero at HP Pavillion.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 pm

I thought it was a great stoppage. I thought Bayless was thinking about stopping it after the first KD. Khan wasn't all there and had trouble following directions and putting his gloves up. The last KD was one in which Khan showed he wasn't capable of defending himself. Even while blocking he couldn't defend himself. Garcia was being patient and throwing haymakers against a guy who was looking looser and more tired by the second.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:19 pm

No issues with the stoppage at all, Bayless gave Khan plenty time to recover but he couldn't.

Kenny Bayless is easily one of the best refs around at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:

Thats a great way to put it. He is just missing something.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Golden Boy can not build stars. They can only steal other promoter's stars. What stars have GB ever built?

Their biggest star now, Canelo, they stole from another promoter. In fact, Tutico Zabala of All Star Boxing filed a lawsuit against GB, claiming he still has Canelo under contract.

Hmm, shit sounds like a re-occuring theme. Suitcase full of cash for Pac when he was still with Top Rank. Trying to get Donair when he was still with Top Rank. No doubt they played a role in Gamboa's bullshit. Ect, ect.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Bad stoppage??? I don't think so.

Ask yourself this: How many times do you have to see the same thing over and over again? Khan would have gotten dropped a few more times, and may have been seriously injured. He'd already been floored 3 times. Bayless had seen enough, and rightfully so. Plus, Bayless was giving Khan far too much time to recover from the first 2 knock downs anyway, he'd already done Khan a favor.

Garcia may not become a huge star, but he can definitely build a good following because he comes to fight. But I agree with others that GBP should build his base in the Northeast...Philly, AC, NYC, and CT...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:06 am

hillsicc303 wrote:Bad stoppage??? I don't think so.

Ask yourself this: How many times do you have to see the same thing over and over again? Khan would have gotten dropped a few more times, and may have been seriously injured. He'd already been floored 3 times. Bayless had seen enough, and rightfully so. Plus, Bayless was giving Khan far too much time to recover from the first 2 knock downs anyway, he'd already done Khan a favor.

Garcia may not become a huge star, but he can definitely build a good following because he comes to fight. But I agree with others that GBP should build his base in the Northeast...Philly, AC, NYC, and CT...

+1
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:

Thats a great way to put it. He is just missing something.

What is Garcia missing that's preventing him from becoming a star ?

Power - Check
Skills - Check
Chin - Check
Heart - Check
Looks - Check
Crazy Dad - Check

Golden Boy just need to build up his fanbase and hire a PR guru.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Just put a muzzle on the dad like I said. People are focusing more on the comments that Angel made than Danny's upset. He's not even Flod Sr./Roger crazy, more of just a plain jackass. Danny is a highly likeable guy (at least in front of the camera).
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next