The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan wants to fight Ortiz at Welter

+3
flapanther2001
powerpuncher
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

Khan wants to fight Ortiz at Welter Empty Khan wants to fight Ortiz at Welter

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Former champion Amir Khan (26-2, 18KOs) is giving WBA/IBF junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson (30-1, 15KOs) "two to three days" to accept a lucrative rematch offer. If Peterson rejects the offer of $1.5 million dollars, with a 50/50 split on the worldwide revenues, Khan will move forward with a new championship campaign at 147-pounds.

One possible option for Khan, is former welterweight champion Victor Ortiz. Both fighters are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions. Ortiz was scheduled to face Andre Berto next Saturday night in Las Vegas, but Berto suffered a bicep injury on Monday and withdrew from the contest.

Khan has a history with Ortiz, as they fought in the amateurs.

"I fought him as an amateur, 16 or 17 [years-old] I was. We were young then. He was the champion of America and going to the qualifications for the Olympics. I fought him just before that and I stopped him in the second round. The score was like 22-2, [they stopped it on] the twenty point rule. As a pro he developed so much power, speed and he's come on a lot. It would be a fight that I would take. I wouldn't say no to it. When we were at 140, we were looking at fighting each other then. At 147, definitely, I think it would be an ideal fight for me. He did beat Berto and I just heard that his rematch with Berto was called off. Maybe my next fight could be against him, who knows," Khan said.

http://tinyurl.com/7tl8ayx
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Khan wants to fight Ortiz at Welter Empty Re: Khan wants to fight Ortiz at Welter

Post  powerpuncher Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:02 am

i think that this is a bad fight for khan.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Khan wants to fight Ortiz at Welter Empty Re: Khan wants to fight Ortiz at Welter

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 am

Dear Amir....please see Tyson vs Tillman, thanks, signed, amateur fights don't mean shit in the pro's!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:06 am

I think Ortiz has too much firepower for Khan.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:08 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Dear Amir....please see Tyson vs Tillman, thanks, signed, amateur fights don't mean shit in the pro's!!!

If that's the case then why did Bowe duck Lewis like the plague ?

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Dear Amir....please see Tyson vs Tillman, thanks, signed, amateur fights don't mean shit in the pro's!!!

Rock Newman Twisted Evil
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:48 pm

I will pick Khan.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:18 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

+1
they should not make this fight right now. i think this fight could be huge in a year if they both win big fights this year.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:08 am

Ortiz flattens Khan at welter, book it.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:10 am

Khan's definitely not ready to move up, he's still growing into the Jr Welterweight division.

Kids today are way too impatient.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down