The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan really wants to fight McCloskey

2 posters

Go down

Khan really wants to fight McCloskey Empty Khan really wants to fight McCloskey

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:24 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/khan-to-mccloskey-take-the-offer-73446

Khan to McCloskey: Take the offer

“The offer we made to Paul McCloskey is the biggest offer he’s ever going to get,” WBA super lightweight world champion Amir Khan told the Daily Mirror. “Why is it when someone wants to fight Amir Khan, they ask for a stupid number? “Marcos Maidana asked for a stupid number first time. Then he came to his senses and said ‘fine, I’ll take the second offer’. It’s the same with Paul McCloskey and I hope he takes our second offer and it is going to be higher. He should think ‘this is an opportunity for a world title fight and if I beat him, it will make me a big, big name.’”
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Khan really wants to fight McCloskey Empty Re: Khan really wants to fight McCloskey

Post  qdagoverner Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:09 pm

why doesnt he fight the guy who beat him?

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Khan really wants to fight McCloskey Empty Re: Khan really wants to fight McCloskey

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:21 pm

qdagoverner wrote:why doesnt he fight the guy who beat him?

He's afraid he might not last a minute again
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:23 pm

i mean wouldnt beating Prescott just make sense for him?

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:25 pm

qdagoverner wrote:i mean wouldnt beating Prescott just make sense for him?

sure does

Prescott in April and the winner of Bradley-Alexander later in the year
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm

I would hardly say that means Khan really wants McCloskey, he's just stating the obvious that Paul was foolish to reject the offer.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Ali wrote:I would hardly say that means Khan really wants McCloskey, he's just stating the obvious that Paul was foolish to reject the offer.

Looks like they're negotiating in the media to get him in the ring

Not Prescott, Lamont Peterson, or even John Murray
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Surely HBO would be against McCloskey as an opponent ? Unless they're just going to give Khan a pass since he got pretty good ratings last year and will eventually be facing the Braldey vs Alexander winner.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Ali wrote:Surely HBO would be against McCloskey as an opponent ? Unless they're just going to give Khan a pass since he got pretty good ratings last year and will eventually be facing the Braldey vs Alexander winner.

I would think the same thing, but who knows

Maybe they'll be happy just having Khan on their air lol

Especially now that Arum has fucked them over
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum