The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does your P4P list look like now ? (Don't post if you hate P4P)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What does your P4P list look like now ? (Don't post if you hate P4P) Empty What does your P4P list look like now ? (Don't post if you hate P4P)

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:35 am

Mines

1) Manny " Karaoke Man " Pacquiao
2) Flod Mayweather Jr
3) Sergio Martinez
4) Juan Manuel Marquez
5) Andre Ward
6) Fernando Montiel
7) Timothy Bradley Jr
8) Nonito Donaire
9) Lucian Bute
10) Juan Manuel Lopez

Last edited by Ali on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

What does your P4P list look like now ? (Don't post if you hate P4P) Empty Re: What does your P4P list look like now ? (Don't post if you hate P4P)

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:19 am

1) Manny " Karaoke Man " Pacquiao
2) Flod Mayweather Jr
3) Juan Manuel Marquez
4) Sergio Martinez
5) Wlad Klit
6) Lucian Bute
7) Timothy Bradley Jr
8) Nonito Donaire
9) Andre Ward
10) Juan Manuel Lopez
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What does your P4P list look like now ? (Don't post if you hate P4P) Empty Re: What does your P4P list look like now ? (Don't post if you hate P4P)

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:05 pm

JMM (as long as he's a lightweight)
Floyd
Sergio
Manny (he gives up waaaay too many advantages at welter to be #1)
Wlad
Vitali
Wonjonkam

Nobody else deserves a mention

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:JMM (as long as he's a lightweight)
Floyd
Sergio
Wlad
Vitali
Wonjonkam

Nonsense, Ward should easily be ahead of your last three.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 am

I'm not the most qualified person to do this but I'll give it a try.

01) Manny Pacquiao
02) Floyd Mayweather Jr
03) Sergio Martinez
04) Juan Manuel Marquez
05) Wladimir Klitschko
06) Vitali Klitschko
07) Andre Ward
08) Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
09) Fernando Montiel
10) Nonito Donaire
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:19 am

I can understand some people putting Wladimir in but not Vitali, he fights like a caveman.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:35 am

Whatever gets the job done. Sport is about results not style.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:40 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:Whatever gets the job done. Sport is about results not style.

No pound for pound is about talent and skills, beating Juan Carlos Gomez, Albert Sosnowski and Kevin Johnson doesn't warrant a place in the top ten pound for pound list.

It's about the ten best fighters in the world, not the ten most dominant.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:42 am

If you're winning that means you're the best.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:49 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:If you're winning that means you're the best.

Not necessarily, haven't you heard of the term cherry picking ? Plus todays Heavyweight division is extremely poor, when Vitali fought a real heavyweight in an unmotivated old Lennox Lewis a vagina appeared above his eye.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:53 am

That was ages ago. The brothers don't duck anybody.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:56 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:That was ages ago. The brothers don't duck anybody.

Vitali's still not one of the ten best boxers in the world at the moment, they're multiple boxers out there how are far more skilled in fighting in superior divisions.

Put it this way it's like putting Antonio Silva in the MMA P4P.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:58 am

Not really. Antonio Silva is barely top 10 heavyweight in the world while Vitali is number 2 no questions asked.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:59 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:Not really. Antonio Silva is barely top 10 heavyweight in the world while Vitali is number 2 no questions asked.

Only because it's an extremely poor division filled with undersized, fat lazy heavyweights.

Vitali would have been beaten from pillar to post in the 90's division.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 am

Ali wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:Not really. Antonio Silva is barely top 10 heavyweight in the world while Vitali is number 2 no questions asked.

Only because it's an extremely poor division filled with undersized, fat lazy heavyweights.

Vitali would have been beaten from pillar to post in the 90's division.
There are only 3 guys that would have beat Vitali in that era. Holy, Lewis (and that would have been a tough fight), and Bowe. You are underrating the guy.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Ali wrote:
Floyd
Sergio
Wlad
Vitali
Wonjonkam

LOL, yeah? Based on what exactly? Not a champion, never been THE MAN, hasn't beaten close to as many ranked guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Ali wrote:I can understand some people putting Wladimir in but not Vitali, he fights like a caveman.

WTF does STYLE have to do with this? It is about ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
Floyd
Sergio
Wlad
Vitali
Wonjonkam

LOL, yeah? Based on what exactly? Not a champion, never been THE MAN, hasn't beaten close to as many ranked guys.

See that's your problem, you're basing P4P solely on having to be the lineal champ or have beaten one. It's based on alot of categories.

Sakio Bika, Allan Green, Mikkel Kessler, Edison Miranda

Greater than

Albert Sosnowski, Kevin Johnson, Juan Carlos Gomez, Chris Arreola.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:17 pm

And when Ward beat Kessler he was consider the man in the division.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
Floyd
Sergio
Wlad
Vitali
Wonjonkam

See that's your problem, you're basing P4P solely on having to be the lineal champ or have beaten one. It's based on alot of categories.

Sakio Bika, Allan Green, Mikkel Kessler, Edison Miranda

Greater than

Albert Sosnowski, Kevin Johnson, Juan Carlos Gomez, Chris Arreola.

LOL, by what criteria???????

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Ali wrote:And when Ward beat Kessler he was consider the man in the division.

No he wasn't. There was no MAN! Why TF do you think the tournament happened in the first place???????

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:05 pm

I agree with Ali on this one. I feel like you(Marble) are making it more of a resume/HOF predictor contest when I have always believed that P4P was determined in a different way. I always felt like P4P was rating who would be the best if you could magically make everyone the same weight. Paul Williams would be longer than everyone, Pac would be faster, etc. I only found about 20 that was even remotely worthy.

Pac
Floyd
Sergio
JMM
Wlad
Montiel
Bradley
Ward
Bute
Wonjongkam

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:08 pm

See UBeeg gets it Smile

I always forget about Wongjonkam because he never receives alot of exposure from the media.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:11 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I agree with Ali on this one. I feel like you(Marble) are making it more of a resume/HOF predictor contest when I have always believed that P4P was determined in a different way. I always felt like P4P was rating who would be the best if you could magically make everyone the same weight. Paul Williams would be longer than everyone, Pac would be faster, etc. I only found about 20 that was even remotely worthy.

Pac
Floyd
Sergio
JMM
Wlad
Montiel
Bradley
Ward
Bute
Wonjongkam

It is. But one cannot ignore resume. SRR was NOT p4p#1 because he could punch and was slick and had great balance. He was p4p#1 because he USED those traits to beat the best over and over again.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:18 pm

I did leave Donaire off my list because of his competition level so it is probably more of a mix than I put in my other post.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next