The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ?

+6
SlickMoney
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
gomez1012
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ? Empty Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ?

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:37 pm

"I might go to UFC or boxing," Overeem was quoted as saying by MMA Mania. "Definitely, [I'm seriously thinking about fighting Vitali Klitschko]. I think it matches my personality.

"I'm always looking for a challenge. That came about in fighting for K-1 and becoming K-1 champion, something nobody ever did before. It would be cool to go to boxing and beat the main guy there.

"If you give me a good preparation, good sparring partners, which I can arrange, I can fix that, with my background already in kickboxing, my K-1 background, I'm sure I can break some bones."

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/101126.html

Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ? 20110103043557_101231_192124untitled

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ? Empty Re: Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ?

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:37 pm

He wants the career payday that he wont get in the UFC

He'll catch beating for it though
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ? Empty Re: Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ?

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:44 pm

From what I hear Overeem striking isn't too shabby, but against Werdum it looked sloppy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:57 pm

He's tired of the chump-change they make in MMA and wants to make a lottery-like payday against Vitali. Can't blame him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Ali wrote:From what I hear Overeem striking isn't too shabby, but against Werdum it looked sloppy.

I've watched him in K1 (which I like very much), he has KO power.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Another joke...they say this shit as if they are entitled to just jump into pro boxing without paying any dues.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:20 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Another joke...they say this shit as if they are entitled to just jump into pro boxing without paying any dues.

I want them to, I want them to get their asses kicked. Fuck this guy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:25 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Another joke...they say this shit as if they are entitled to just jump into pro boxing without paying any dues.

Maybe I'm too much of a purist, but I believe in earning your keep. This guy's been KO'd by absolute nobodies. Hell, Bobby "The Truth" Hoffman deserves a shot before Overeem.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:36 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Maybe I'm too much of a purist, but I believe in earning your keep. This guy's been KO'd by absolute nobodies. Hell, Bobby "The Truth" Hoffman deserves a shot before Overeem.

I hear ya, but unfortunately the guy has a platform to be heard and people are listening. I say Vitali takes him up on the offer and puts the ball in Overeems court. Lets see how loud he barks then. Vitali kills this guy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:36 pm

To be fair Overeem does have a good kickboxing background to transition from.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Ali wrote:

So the fuck what... they're two different sports. Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback doesn't mean he should pitch for the Yankees.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:47 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

So the fuck what... they're two different sports. Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback doesn't mean he should pitch for the Yankees.

I am just saying it's not like he's a Ping Pong player jumping straight into boxing, he's got combat experience.

And you forget, Vitali himself came from K1.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

I am just saying it's not like he's a Ping Pong player jumping straight into boxing, he's got combat experience.

Look, if they were fighting K1 I'd say fine, stupid but fine. If Vitali was calling out Overeem in a MMA fight I'd say the same shit about Vitali.

My analogy was relevant, quarterbacks and pitchers both throw but they throw in different sports with different rules and disciplines. I don't give a shit how much "combat" experience that Overeem has, he doesn't have boxing experience and hasn't fought anyone to prove he deserves a shot at one of the top two guys in the division.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:06 pm

He would get killed and he would have to lay off the roids.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:09 pm

HW boxing is dead right now, you've got both brothers looking to feed off each others leftovers at the moment. If Overeem wins the HW GP I'd have no problem with this, at least boxing could get some payback for the Couture vs Toney debacle.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:12 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Look, if they were fighting K1 I'd say fine, stupid but fine. If Vitali was calling out Overeem in a MMA fight I'd say the same shit about Vitali.

My analogy was relevant, quarterbacks and pitchers both throw but they throw in different sports with different rules and disciplines. I don't give a shit how much "combat" experience that Overeem has, he doesn't have boxing experience and hasn't fought anyone to prove he deserves a shot at one of the top two guys in the division.
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!! ^^^^^^^^
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Ali wrote:HW boxing is dead right now, you've got both brothers looking to feed off each others leftovers at the moment. If Overeem wins the HW GP I'd have no problem with this, at least boxing could get some payback for the Couture vs Toney debacle.

^

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Ali wrote:HW boxing is dead right now, you've got both brothers looking to feed off each others leftovers at the moment. If Overeem wins the HW GP I'd have no problem with this, at least boxing could get some payback for the Couture vs Toney debacle.
HW boxing isnt dead just David Haye's career is dead.

PS Sorry I couldnt resist.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
HW boxing isnt dead just David Haye's career is dead.

PS Sorry I couldnt resist.

No the division is dead.

Vitali is looking at Haye after Adamek

Wladimir is looking at Arreola and two guys from England who haven't even fought at European level yet.

The division is a rotting corpse. It's going to take a long time for it to recover.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:41 pm

But Ali, if the HW division is so much better in MMA, why is this clown wanting to switch over to boxing?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:46 pm

GrantZilla wrote:But Ali, if the HW division is so much better in MMA, why is this clown wanting to switch over to boxing?

Overeem's got a taste for boxing in those K1 tournaments, he wants to experiment and see if he'll be successful.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 pm

How is Overeem winning the Heavyweight crown do anything to improve the Heavyweight Division? A guy with a 0-0 record is not saving anything. And if they were any need for OSDT ,its with this juice head.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:But Ali, if the HW division is so much better in MMA, why is this clown wanting to switch over to boxing?

Overeem's got a taste for boxing in those K1 tournaments, he wants to experiment and see if he'll be successful.

AKA He wants to get paid. If he wanted to do boxing, he'd go fight some fring guys and build himself up. This is just a joke fight which he wants to get paid.

Same way Toney went to UFC to get paid since he's career in boxing was dead, and nobody wanted to waste their time with him.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:58 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

AKA He wants to get paid. If he wanted to do boxing, he'd go fight some fring guys and build himself up. This is just a joke fight which he wants to get paid.

Same way Toney went to UFC to get paid since he's career in boxing was dead, and nobody wanted to waste their time with him.

Nah I really think it's more to do with Overeem's ambition, he's in his prime and wants to improve his technique across all areas.

Overeem has plenty of paydays in his future.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:58 pm

SlickMoney wrote:How is Overeem winning the Heavyweight crown do anything to improve the Heavyweight Division? A guy with a 0-0 record is not saving anything. And if they were any need for OSDT ,its with this juice head.

Nobody here said it would improve the division.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next