The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tension brewing between Alex Ariza , Freddie Roach and Bob Arum

2 posters

Go down

Tension brewing between Alex Ariza , Freddie Roach and Bob Arum Empty Tension brewing between Alex Ariza , Freddie Roach and Bob Arum

Post  Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:26 pm

On last weekend’s 24/7 Pacquiao-Bradley episode, Manny Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach caused quite a stir when he took some shots at strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza and suggested that their team may be better off without the Columbian-born coach on board.

Outspoken by nature, Ariza had raised some eyebrows by making an early exit from Pacquiao’s camp, which was held in Baguio City in the Philippines at the time, in an effort to link up with WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. down in Mexico as he got ready for his June 16th date with Andy Lee.

Pacquiao is presently training out of the Wild Card Boxing Club in Los Angeles as he eyes a June 9th defense of his WBO welterweight belt against Timothy Bradley and the drama within his team continues build.

Reflecting on his comments from last Saturday‘s 24/7, Roach admitted that his fighter’s preparation is of the utmost importance more so than anything else.

“I said some things on 24/7 last night that Alex might not like,” stated Roach. “If he has something to say to me about it, he’ll say it. But I won’t let it affect my fighter and I know what’s important here and that’s the focus of Manny Pacquiao.”

Once again, Roach seemed to disapprove of Ariza’s presence in camp and insisted that he won’t be working the corner for Pacquiao when he steps in to face Bradley at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

“Manny likes him and wants him on board, so that’s the way it is,” said Roach. “Alex will be there until the fight and once we get to the fight and I put down my four corner men, he won’t be on the list.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-takes-aim-drops-ariza-from-pacquiaos-corner--53586

Last edited by Ali on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Tension brewing between Alex Ariza , Freddie Roach and Bob Arum Empty Re: Tension brewing between Alex Ariza , Freddie Roach and Bob Arum

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:25 pm

1- Ariza is an idiot. I would never ever leave Pac's camp to go work with Chavez Jr. for a week. Stupid.

2-Roach is a control freak.

3-I don't really trust anyone Pac has around him. Promoter Bullshit Bob Arum-no explanation needed. Michael Koncz-advisor-seems like a total leach. Still trying to figure out what his expertise is. Ariza-who the hell wants a strength and conditioning coach that bolts on a fighter in camp and also doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Roach-Freddie runs his damn mouth and seems to cause alot of friction with anyone else Manny works with.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Tension brewing between Alex Ariza , Freddie Roach and Bob Arum Empty Re: Tension brewing between Alex Ariza , Freddie Roach and Bob Arum

Post  kbyte Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:05 pm

captainanddew wrote:1- Ariza is an idiot. I would never ever leave Pac's camp to go work with Chavez Jr. for a week. Stupid.

2-Roach is a control freak.

3-I don't really trust anyone Pac has around him. Promoter Bullshit Bob Arum-no explanation needed. Michael Koncz-advisor-seems like a total leach. Still trying to figure out what his expertise is. Ariza-who the hell wants a strength and conditioning coach that bolts on a fighter in camp and also doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Roach-Freddie runs his damn mouth and seems to cause alot of friction with anyone else Manny works with.

They all seem like a pack of douchebags with big egos.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 am

The differences between Top Rank promoter Bob Arum and strength and conditioning guru Alex Ariza have turned ugly.

Two days after Ariza flew to Las Vegas to train WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and emailed photos of himself with Chavez Jr to disprove claims that he had been fired, Top Rank photographer Chris Farina earlier today emailed BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard a photo with Chavez’s new strength and conditioning coach Luis Cornejo.

Trainer Freddie Roach.worked on the punch-mitts with the WBC middleweight champion.

Roach had earlier also attempted to keep Ariza out of Manny Pacquiao’s corner when he faces Timothy Bradley on Saturday but after Pacquiao met with Roach, Ariza and cutman Miguel Diaz, Pacquiao insisted that Ariza remain in his corner .

Roach had criticized Ariza when he left Pacquiao’s training camp in Baguio City to train Chavez Jr saying he was irresponsible but Ariza said he got Pacquiao’s permission to leave which Pacquiao himself confirmed.

Ariza told the Manila Standard that Arum was responsible for threatening to have him arrested by police should he enter the Top Rank Gym in Las Vegas where he was training Chavez Jr.

The strength and conditioning coach claimed Chavez Jr “didn’t even know what happened and only found out today that Arum is not going to put me on the plane, not going to give me credentials, if I go to practice he’s going to have me arrested if I go to Top Rank. He had me blocked by the guards at the gate where Chavez Jr lives with my name on a “do not enter” list.”

Ariza lamented the fact that Chavez who is facing what he called “the biggest fight of his career” against Ireland’s Andy Lee at the Sun Bowl stadium in El Paso, Texas on June 16 has been deprived of his services barely two weeks before his title defense.

He said he had trained Chavez Jr for four successful fights including two title defenses and was “the only one to ever get him to make weight in his career, on time without any problems” even as he alleged that even if Chavez Jr loses Arum won’t suffer because he has options on Andy Lee.

The feud between Arum and Ariza has been brewing for sometime after Ariza alleged that the Top Rank promoter was the stumbling block to making a megabuck fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr and that Pacquiao was not earning what was rightfully his in his fights.

Arum vehemently denied the claims of Ariza while members of Team Pacquiao who accused Ariza of abandoning Manny in the middle of his training camp in Baguio said the strength and conditioning coach interfered in areas that were not his concern instead of concentrating on his task of getting Pacquiao into top shape for his fight.

Amir Khan who was also training in Baguio City with Ariza and Roach said he fired Ariza after he left their training camp.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-ariza-relationship-differences-get-ugly-vegas--53713

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down