The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Ariza's tweets ?

4 posters

Go down

Alex Ariza's tweets ? Empty Alex Ariza's tweets ?

Post  Guest Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am

One person had asked whether Pacquiao would ever fight Berto, Martinez or Canelo? Ariza’s reply was: “Manny can’t fight anyone not promoted by Bob.”

Another Tweeter stated: “It’s not all Arum, its Floyd too with his BS demands,” to which Ariza responded with a simple: “Wrong, it’s Arum.”

“Do you think Manny Pacquiao deserves 50/50 from the PPV record maker Floyd Mayweather?” was yet another question to Pacquiao strength trainer Alex Ariza, to which he responded with: “Not if Floyd's #’s are higher.”

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=32005&more=1

Back to top Go down

Alex Ariza's tweets ? Empty Re: Alex Ariza's tweets ?

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed May 16, 2012 12:07 am

I wonder if he got hacked because he won't stay employed by Pac for very long by destroying Top Rank's and to a lesser extent Pac's reputation. I hope that Pac would fight Berto if given the opportunity. It would be a very credible 147 opponent. The other 2 are just too big for Pac.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I wonder if he got hacked because he won't stay employed by Pac for very long by destroying Top Rank's and to a lesser extent Pac's reputation. I hope that Pac would fight Berto if given the opportunity. It would be a very credible 147 opponent. The other 2 are just too big for Pac.

Pac was happy to fight margacheato who came into the ring in the mid 160s (same weight as Martinez for many fights). Floyd fought Ortiz who weighed 164 pounds. Cotto probably weighed 162-165 a few weeks ago. But then talk of Floyd fighting Martinez who has weighed 165 and he is seen as too big. But Floyd can fight Canelo who very well may be getting into the ring at more than Martinez.

Truth is that the opponents are not just too big. They are too big and too skilled. Which I can understand. Floyd and Pac can get by fighting bigger guys but when they are bigger and that damn skilled, it is probably too much to ask.

I am so confused as to why people want Martinez to go up to 168, give up a dozen pounds in the ring, and want him to fight Ward or Bute. If guys like Pac and Floyd aren't expected to give up 10-15 pounds against Martinez then why should Martinez have to do the same thing against Bute or Ward????

That is my biggest gripe. If we all can agree that guys can fight bigger guys, but they have to not face truly elite competition, then I am happy. But when fans apply one standard to Pac or Mayweather, and a different one to Martinez, then I am a little confused.

Consistency is all I ask.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am

Everything Ariza said is all truth. Its not something we didnt know.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Shows how little boxing there actually is going on when this fucker's comments make headlines in the sport

SMH
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down