The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Alex Ariza turns nasty

Go down

Amir Khan vs Alex Ariza turns nasty Empty Amir Khan vs Alex Ariza turns nasty

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:22 am

Strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza dropped a bombshell during his recent interview with BoxingScene.com's Ernest Gabion. For the last two weeks, Ariza has been trading words with members of Team Khan. The war of words began when Ariza and Amir Khan parted ways.

There have been conflicting reports regarding the split. Khan claims that he needed a change because he wasn't happy with a few things from his last training camp. Ariza claims Team Khan owes him money from the training camp that prepared Amir for last December's fight against Marcos Maidana. Khan claims that he never had a contract with Ariza, but the strength coach has alleged that members of Team Khan broke into his hotel room and stole the original contract.

Initially, Ariza blamed Amir's father, Shah Khan, and manager Asif Vali, for being the ringleaders behind the contract theft. Ariza has received new information and told BoxingScene that it was Amir himself who orchestrated the contract theft.

"They stole a contract out of my hotel room at Planet Hollywood. I just found out that it was Amir who orchestrated the theft. That's pretty surprising to me but it is what it is. One door closes and another opens," Ariza said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ariza-drops-bombshell-amir-khan-planned-theft--35904

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Alex Ariza turns nasty Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Alex Ariza turns nasty

Post  dbudge Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:34 am

these are all pretty big and serious allegations Ariza is making. they are slanderous and defaming. i'd suggest that Alex Ariza learns to keep his mouth shut if he doesn't have substantial evidence to back up these claims. would you keep your signed contracts, the only copies of them you had, with you in your hotel rooms on your travels? would you not have ensured that there were other copies of that contract once it had been signed? would you have not had your solicitor, especially in a seedy world like boxing, retain copies for when serious legal issues about them crop up (like this)??? this will turn nasty no doubt, but i highly doubt the conditioning coach is going to have a leg to stand on here. especially if Amir's contract with Roach states that Roach will provide strength and conditioning coaches within it. interesting developments

dbudge

Back to top Go down