The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abe vs. Stieglitz set for August 25th

5 posters

Go down

Abe vs. Stieglitz set for August 25th Empty Abe vs. Stieglitz set for August 25th

Post  Guest Fri May 25, 2012 2:55 pm

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a deal has been finalized for Arthur Abraham (34-3, 27KOs) to challenge WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (42-2, 23KOs) on August 25th at O2 World in Berlin, Germany. ARD will televise in Germany. A deal was reached between Sauerland Event and SES Boxing, who promote Stieglitz. Abraham has won two straight after losing three bouts in the Super Six tournament. Stieglitz has gone undefeated since an eight round TKO loss to Librado Andrade in 2008. He won eleven bouts in a row since the 2008 defeat.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arthur-abraham-robert-stieglitz-o2-world-8-25-berlin--53214

Epix should pick this up.

Back to top Go down

Abe vs. Stieglitz set for August 25th Empty Re: Abe vs. Stieglitz set for August 25th

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 25, 2012 5:10 pm

If Abe wins, Id like to see a Dirrell-Abraham rematch for this strap
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Abe vs. Stieglitz set for August 25th Empty Re: Abe vs. Stieglitz set for August 25th

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 am

gomez1012 wrote:If Abe wins, Id like to see a Dirrell-Abraham rematch for this strap

Really ? Dirrell's too big and athletic for Abe to deal with IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat May 26, 2012 7:42 am

who cares. who gives a shit about Abraham.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 3:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:who cares. who gives a shit about Abraham.

scratch

What's Abe done to deserve such hate ?

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 pm

..i agree.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat May 26, 2012 4:10 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
..i agree.

There is a reason he was undefeated at 160 and has lost 3 times at 168, and it has nothing to do with weight. He faced mediocre competition. He beat nobody. He moved up and proved he doesn't belong with elite fighters.

If it ends up being carried by Epix then they will have let me down. If I make a list of fights I want to see during the year, nothing with abraham is on it.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat May 26, 2012 7:00 pm

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
..i agree.

There is a reason he was undefeated at 160 and has lost 3 times at 168, and it has nothing to do with weight. He faced mediocre competition. He beat nobody. He moved up and proved he doesn't belong with elite fighters.

If it ends up being carried by Epix then they will have let me down. If I make a list of fights I want to see during the year, nothing with abraham is on it.

But he showed in the Super Six that he's willing to take on tough opponents. If he wins a strap he'll be more willing to travel than Stieglitz. Maybe he could get a Pavlik fight before he eventually loses his belt to one of the top fighters in the division.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
..i agree.

But he showed in the Super Six that he's willing to take on tough opponents. If he wins a strap he'll be more willing to travel than Stieglitz. Maybe he could get a Pavlik fight before he eventually loses his belt to one of the top fighters in the division.

+1

Abe was also heavily ducked by Sturm at MW.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat May 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
..i agree.

+1

so, Sturm ducks everyone.

Abe fought only mandatories for his IBF trinket. And how many of them were legit top 10 ranked guys at 160? 1?? 2??? not even worth checking. It is a non-impressive run.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Abe was to the middleweight division during his championship run to what Bute was in his championship run at supermiddleweight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
..i agree.

+1

Abe fought only mandatories for his IBF trinket. And how many of them were legit top 10 ranked guys at 160? 1?? 2??? not even worth checking. It is a non-impressive run.

I still don't understand why ya'll are hating on Abe, he's trying to work his way back up the ladder and is usually in fun fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat May 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
..i agree.

+1

I still don't understand why ya'll are hating on Abe, he's trying to work his way back up the ladder and is usually in fun fights.

abe is in fun fights. abe fights elite guy he gets outboxed. abe fights mediocre to pretty good fighter he doesn't throw many punches and then gets a late stoppage. don't find him that interesting.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down