Abraham-Stieglitz II

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Abraham-Stieglitz II

Post  Diego408 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Abraham caught a beat down in the third round. Stieglitz is the first to get a stoppage over Arthor Abraham. Abraham couldn't continue because of his eye. It was swollen shut so the Ref stopped the fight. Stieglitz the new strap holder.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Re: Abraham-Stieglitz II

Post  powerpuncher on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:08 am

i didnt see the fight but heard that stieglitz was easily winning. abraham just cant do 168 very well.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 pm

It was just a typical Abraham fight. He was covering up, giving the early rounds away as usual. This time, however, he caught a massive shot to his left eye that shut quickly. Nothing he could do. His corner stopped the fight before a DR could even make the call. Good call by the corner too.
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 am

i was one of the few that never thought that abraham was any good. other than a great chin and good power, he isnt anything special. he just covers up and doesnt throw punches.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 am

powerpuncher wrote:i was one of the few that never thought that abraham was any good. other than a great chin and good power, he isnt anything special. he just covers up and doesnt throw punches.
..I agree.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:19 pm

The argument I have made in the past about Abraham was that he hadn't done well at 168, while he did at 160, because of the competition level. Dirrell, Ward, Froch, etc..., are elite fighters. The guys at 160 during his heyday are probably not as good as the ones at 168, and Abraham wasn't facing the true elite of the division anyway.

To say this was typical Abraham is a disservice to Stieglitz. Stieglitz refused to let him breathe. He isn't known as a power puncher. He went out there and went after him and did not stop.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:36 am

captainanddew wrote:The argument I have made in the past about Abraham was that he hadn't done well at 168, while he did at 160, because of the competition level. Dirrell, Ward, Froch, etc..., are elite fighters. The guys at 160 during his heyday are probably not as good as the ones at 168, and Abraham wasn't facing the true elite of the division anyway.

To say this was typical Abraham is a disservice to Stieglitz. Stieglitz refused to let him breathe. He isn't known as a power puncher. He went out there and went after him and did not stop.
you are correct about the opposition difference at different weights. at 160 he was never the best. he didnt fight taylor when taylor was the man there or pavlik. the best person he beat at that weight was probably miranda which isnt saying much.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top