The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arthur Abraham vs. Robert Stieglitz August 25th ??

5 posters

Go down

Arthur Abraham vs. Robert Stieglitz August 25th ?? Empty Arthur Abraham vs. Robert Stieglitz August 25th ??

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 11:46 am

According to Chris Meyer, the General Manager of Sauerland Event, the anticipated battle between WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (42-2, 23KOs), and mandatory challenger Arthur Abraham (34-3, 27KOs), is possibly going to take place on August 25th - in Berlin, Hamburg or Magdeburg. The venue will be decided in the coming days. It would be the third fight for Abraham in 2012, and the second for Stieglitz who won a twelve round decision over Nader Hamdan last Saturday night in Erfurt.

http://www.boxingscene.com/abraham-vs-stieglitz-battle-land-on-august-25th--52619

Back to top Go down

Arthur Abraham vs. Robert Stieglitz August 25th ?? Empty Re: Arthur Abraham vs. Robert Stieglitz August 25th ??

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon May 07, 2012 7:03 pm

I like this fight a pretty good amount. Stieglitz has honestly tried to land some bigger named fights but Kessler and Groves couldn't make it to the ring. This is a nice crossroads fight. Stieglitz goes against his first big money/name opponent and Abraham gets 1 last chance to stay relevant at 168. There is no shame in losing to Froch or Ward its just the way Arthur did it. Even though I was on the Abraham bandwagon at the beginning of the Super 6 and haven't seen Stieglitz fight, I got Stieglitz in this one.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Arthur Abraham vs. Robert Stieglitz August 25th ?? Empty Re: Arthur Abraham vs. Robert Stieglitz August 25th ??

Post  Shaun Mon May 07, 2012 7:08 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I like this fight a pretty good amount. Stieglitz has honestly tried to land some bigger named fights but Kessler and Groves couldn't make it to the ring. This is a nice crossroads fight. Stieglitz goes against his first big money/name opponent and Abraham gets 1 last chance to stay relevant at 168. There is no shame in losing to Froch or Ward its just the way Arthur did it. Even though I was on the Abraham bandwagon at the beginning of the Super 6 and haven't seen Stieglitz fight, I got Stieglitz in this one.

Good fight. A Stieglitz win gives him some ground to stand on for future big fights. This fight should do very well in Europe. I'm also glad Abraham is getting good fights still. I feel like the Super 6 has brought back the concept of giving you a few more chances. Seems like all of the Super 6 guys have been able to come back and continue their careers after defeat.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Is Abe finished if he loses?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 07, 2012 7:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Is Abe finished if he loses?
Would you still pay to see him?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon May 07, 2012 7:31 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

I wouldn't pay to see him again but I would still stream search for him against 2nd tier guys. Balzay, Sartison, Stieglitz, Abraham, Bika(if he ever fights) and even Oothiezen or however you spell the South Africans name are all a step below Ward, Froch, Bute, and if he stays down Kessler. They need to fight each other to earn the big fight.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 07, 2012 7:33 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

Not about if I would pay to see him. Would his German fans still pay to see him. We all know how easy to please German fans are.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 pm

how is abe a mandatory. He lost 3 straight fights and then beats a journeyman. How does that qualify anyone to be a mandatory. Oh yeah-we have 4 "major" sanctioning bodies, multiple titles, and they refuse to rank anyone who has another belt. Such a joke.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 8:16 pm

You'd have to think so.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down