The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Berto tests positive for steroids

+6
captainanddew
GrantZilla
dmar5143
Soonermark890
Diego408
SlickMoney
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Andre Berto tests positive for steroids - Page 2 Empty Re: Andre Berto tests positive for steroids

Post  GrantZilla Sat May 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Frank wrote:
kbyte wrote:I was looking forward to this fight but I when I heard this I just couldn't stop laughing. Berto loses to Ortiz fair and square but is such a crybaby and a sore loser that he accuses Ortiz of being a juicer. Then he goes and tests positive for roids himself. What a colossal douchebag. Guy is a total bum with roids I wonder how terrible he would be without them.
I find it strange that both PEDs users, Andre Berto and Lamont Peterson, both accused their opponents in some way of using PEDs. Berto accused Ortiz of steroid use. Also, Lamont Peterson's camp bought in the anti doping committee that exposed his (Lamont's) steroid use. So yes, this has caused me to look at the Floyd Mayweather team and their accusations against Pac a bit closer, though not the way most people might think.

Except Floyd has taken random blood and urine testing since the Mosley fight and has passed all of them.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Andre Berto tests positive for steroids - Page 2 Empty Re: Andre Berto tests positive for steroids

Post  captainanddew Sat May 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Ali wrote:
nano212 wrote:
Ali wrote:FFS Mad

Well look on the bright side at least we'll get Khan vs. Ortiz now.

Lets hope we do! How do you see that match up playing out? I would love Khan to win, but I sense Ortiz catches Khan and finishes him in the middle rounds. And I mean Khan will be winning the fight and Ortiz lands clean and has him in trouble and tko him. I want to see Khan vs Floyd in the fall tho

You have to favor Ortiz because he's much stronger at Welterweight and has the size to compete there. Khan's got the frame but I don't think he's matured enough to move up yet.

It'll be a fun fight though, there's a nice backstory about how Khan beat Ortiz in the amateurs.

the young guys that are fighting at weights that are almost unnatural, seem to force their bodies to cut not only all fat but also doesn't allow these kids to build the natural muscle they would have.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 21, 2012 2:39 am

Victor Ortiz: These Guys Ask For Tests, Then Get Busted!

Victor Ortiz has spoken exclusively to World Boxing News about the recent publicity surrounding Andre Berto’s failed drug test as the Californian searches for a new opponent for the Showtime televised event on June 23rd in Los Angeles.

“When my manager Rolando Arellano told me (about Berto’s failed test), I said five words. ‘I'm going to the gym,” Ortiz told World Boxing News.

Speaking specifically on the test, Ortiz went on: “What are these guys thinking? They request the drug testing and then get busted! Does someone tell them there is juice that can't be detected?” he questioned.

“I have God-given strength and hard work in training. That's my boost. Right now I'm training for a June 23 fight. Bring em' on.”

http://tinyurl.com/7rkj7rb
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2