The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Berto tests positive for steroids

+6
captainanddew
GrantZilla
dmar5143
Soonermark890
Diego408
SlickMoney
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Andre Berto tests positive for steroids Empty Andre Berto tests positive for steroids

Post  SlickMoney Fri May 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Can't make this shit up.

I kid not. Just filed to ESPN: Andre Berto tested positive for steroid, putting June 23 fight with Victor Ortiz in jeopardy.

https://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn/status/203579698129813504
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Andre Berto tests positive for steroids Empty Re: Andre Berto tests positive for steroids

Post  Diego408 Fri May 18, 2012 4:28 pm

After all that shit he talked about Ortiz being on juice for their first fight (with even Andre Dirrell backing him up on it) now this fucking idiot tests positive for steroids. Two big fights scrapped because of PEDs recently, Floyd's testing now does not sound like such a heavy demand for Pacquaio. Now it will lead for it to be a standard for all big fights. Ortiz vs Khan anyone?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Andre Berto tests positive for steroids Empty Re: Andre Berto tests positive for steroids

Post  SlickMoney Fri May 18, 2012 4:31 pm

From Gabriel Montoya:

I'm told Andre Berto's B sample has tested positive for traces of Nandrolone. #boxing Most nandrolone cases are a result of contamination.

Historically, 80% of anabolic steroid positives from 1998-2003 were for nandrolone as a result of a contaminated supplement not injection.

To clarify, both A and B samples of Andre Berto have been confirmed for traces of nandrolone. #boxing
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri May 18, 2012 4:34 pm

SlickMoney wrote:From Gabriel Montoya:

I'm told Andre Berto's B sample has tested positive for traces of Nandrolone. #boxing Most nandrolone cases are a result of contamination.

Historically, 80% of anabolic steroid positives from 1998-2003 were for nandrolone as a result of a contaminated supplement not injection.

To clarify, both A and B samples of Andre Berto have been confirmed for traces of nandrolone. #boxing
So what does that mean? That his samples have been contaminated? If he is on roids I say fuck berto.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri May 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Not his samples. Just whatever supplements he was taking.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri May 18, 2012 4:40 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Not his samples. Just whatever supplements he was taking.
Ok so he could have taken a preworkout and it came up as a roid? They have warnings on the bottles about that.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri May 18, 2012 4:46 pm

I wonder if he's still working with Victor Conte?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri May 18, 2012 4:46 pm

From Victor Conte

Andre Berto's postive test for nandrolone has absolutely nothing to do with me or any supplements I provided. Likely trace contamination

Andre has admitted to taking supplements other than what I provided without my knowledge. Apparently, something was contaminated

Lots of uneducated people. Nandrolone is the longest lasting steroid known to man. No athlete would ever use it with intent to cheat
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri May 18, 2012 5:26 pm

sad indeed.disappointing .a small black eye again.another top fight in jeperdy..whats next...
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 18, 2012 5:56 pm

I said a long time ago I wouldn't be shocked if Berto was a juicer. Just look at his build. And when he got injured, I also said that it's a common injury when using riods.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

possibly another good fight down the drain. HBO saved money when not doing Khan vs Peterson II. Showtime will save money by not doing Ortiz vs Berto II (if it doesn't come off).

Both networks better use all this extra cash wisely. No shitty fights with overpaid Sith Lord Haymon fighters.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

captainanddew wrote:possibly another good fight down the drain. HBO saved money when not doing Khan vs Peterson II. Showtime will save money by not doing Ortiz vs Berto II (if it doesn't come off).

Both networks better use all this extra cash wisely. No shitty fights with overpaid Sith Lord Haymon fighters.

who am I kidding! we will end up with some extra shitty fights with Sith Lord Haymon fighters.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Gabriel Montoya™‏@Gabriel_Montoya

Speaking with @GoldenBoyBoxing the show will go on at Staples with Victor Ortiz facing TBA. Arreola also on the card. #boxing
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Fri May 18, 2012 7:41 pm

I am so disappointed. I was so excited for the upcoming boxing schedule. Hopefully some stupid injury doesn't happen to jeopardize Froch/Bute and Pacquiao/Bradley.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Shaun wrote:I am so disappointed. I was so excited for the upcoming boxing schedule. Hopefully some stupid injury doesn't happen to jeopardize Froch/Bute and Pacquiao/Bradley.

bute has been injured!!! He has had some sort of foot infection. Fat Dan was in contact with the trainer who said Bute would be fine and it wouldn't be a "toe" fight. So bute will show up. We all know froch will show up. Pac and bradley-pre-fight issues not likely. During the fight issues (Pac complaining about his legs cramping/Bradley opening up a cut on Pac with that ginormous dome!!!), much more likely.

It is getting hard to keep the faith.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Dave Meltzer, Batista’s recent tendon injury was related to steroids use. He said Batista’s case was a combination of age, physique and several muscle / tendon imbalances. The imbalance between muscle and tendon were linked to steroids use where muscles usually grow big in size that the tendon could not keep up with the increasing load.

Meltzer wrote that biceps tear commonly occurs in steroid-related injuries because the muscle is too small to be overloaded, which is what is commonly happening in weightlifters who train heavy

http://tinyurl.com/7yjztsg

Ali on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 4:30 am

.Ruptured bicep = Conte's special mix..

gomez1012 on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:41 pm

.He OD'd on Conte PEDs .

Andre Berto tests positive for steroids Bert5110
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Fri May 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Conte who works with Berto has been at the forefront of having PEDs testing in boxing, now one of his boxers he works with tested positive! He tweeted that his supplements he provided Berto are not the cause of his positive test how ever given his track record and his lying ways it will be hard not to link Berto being irresponsible and taking "other" supplements and Conte working with him! We talked before about a replacement to fight Khan now who should Golden Boy get to fight Ortiz? Shit might as well make the Khan vs Ortiz fight in July with the winner getting a shot at Floyd in the fall!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 am

I was looking forward to this fight but I when I heard this I just couldn't stop laughing. Berto loses to Ortiz fair and square but is such a crybaby and a sore loser that he accuses Ortiz of being a juicer. Then he goes and tests positive for roids himself. What a colossal douchebag. Guy is a total bum with roids I wonder how terrible he would be without them.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat May 19, 2012 6:27 am

nano212 wrote:Conte who works with Berto has been at the forefront of having PEDs testing in boxing, now one of his boxers he works with tested positive! He tweeted that his supplements he provided Berto are not the cause of his positive test how ever given his track record and his lying ways it will be hard not to link Berto being irresponsible and taking "other" supplements and Conte working with him! We talked before about a replacement to fight Khan now who should Golden Boy get to fight Ortiz? Shit might as well make the Khan vs Ortiz fight in July with the winner getting a shot at Floyd in the fall!

I would absolutely love that fight but it just sounds way too good to be true.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat May 19, 2012 8:07 am

kbyte wrote:I was looking forward to this fight but I when I heard this I just couldn't stop laughing. Berto loses to Ortiz fair and square but is such a crybaby and a sore loser that he accuses Ortiz of being a juicer. Then he goes and tests positive for roids himself. What a colossal douchebag. Guy is a total bum with roids I wonder how terrible he would be without them.
I find it strange that both PEDs users, Andre Berto and Lamont Peterson, both accused their opponents in some way of using PEDs. Berto accused Ortiz of steroid use. Also, Lamont Peterson's camp bought in the anti doping committee that exposed his (Lamont's) steroid use. So yes, this has caused me to look at the Floyd Mayweather team and their accusations against Pac a bit closer, though not the way most people might think.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat May 19, 2012 9:02 am

Frank wrote:
kbyte wrote:I was looking forward to this fight but I when I heard this I just couldn't stop laughing. Berto loses to Ortiz fair and square but is such a crybaby and a sore loser that he accuses Ortiz of being a juicer. Then he goes and tests positive for roids himself. What a colossal douchebag. Guy is a total bum with roids I wonder how terrible he would be without them.
I find it strange that both PEDs users, Andre Berto and Lamont Peterson, both accused their opponents in some way of using PEDs. Berto accused Ortiz of steroid use. Also, Lamont Peterson's camp bought in the anti doping committee that exposed his (Lamont's) steroid use. So yes, this has caused me to look at the Floyd Mayweather team and their accusations against Pac a bit closer, though not the way most people might think.
...frank i understand what you mean.on eastside boxing theres a huge disgussion about this issue including questioning if floyd and others are realy clean..im possitive there are several good fighters today that are clean and several who are not..who they are i have no idea.sliding under the rador ways or some ways to beat some not all testing is used for sure.if it takes strict testing and the best most efficent testing avalible im all for it.its a shame all sports are tainted where fans have serious doubts.its a bigger shame when fans take the moronic approach saying so what let them use.it is ironicas you say that the finger pointers are thus far the cheaters.
how can a fighter protect himself from sabotodge i wonder..unlike other in sports there food is prepared by one or a few people etc etc..anyway its a shame.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat May 19, 2012 9:09 am

It is ashame, Dmar. We need a National Boxing Commission to do these tests. That would be a good start.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 19, 2012 12:32 pm

FFS Mad

Well look on the bright side at least we'll get Khan vs. Ortiz now.

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sat May 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Ali wrote:FFS Mad

Lets hope we do! How do you see that match up playing out? I would love Khan to win, but I sense Ortiz catches Khan and finishes him in the middle rounds. And I mean Khan will be winning the fight and Ortiz lands clean and has him in trouble and tko him. I want to see Khan vs Floyd in the fall tho
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 19, 2012 1:27 pm

nano212 wrote:
Ali wrote:FFS Mad

Lets hope we do! How do you see that match up playing out? I would love Khan to win, but I sense Ortiz catches Khan and finishes him in the middle rounds. And I mean Khan will be winning the fight and Ortiz lands clean and has him in trouble and tko him. I want to see Khan vs Floyd in the fall tho

You have to favor Ortiz because he's much stronger at Welterweight and has the size to compete there. Khan's got the frame but I don't think he's matured enough to move up yet.

It'll be a fun fight though, there's a nice backstory about how Khan beat Ortiz in the amateurs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next