The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casamayor tests positive for weed

5 posters

Go down

Casamayor tests positive for weed Empty Casamayor tests positive for weed

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Joel Casamayor tested positive for marijuana following his knockout loss to junior welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. on Saturday's Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez III undercard in Las Vegas, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Commission executive director Keith Kizer told ESPN.com that the commission would file a complaint against Casamayor, a former lightweight and junior lightweight champion. After Casamayor responds to the complaint, Kizer said a hearing would be scheduled.

"It's unfortunate. If the commission finds him in violation of the drug-testing regulations, they could fine him or suspend him, or a combination thereof," Kizer said Thursday.

Like the other fighters on the card, Casamayor provided a urine sample following the fight; the sample was tested for drugs and stimulants. The commission also runs steroid tests on samples, but those results have yet to come back.

The commission could fine Casamayor up to 100 percent of his $100,000 purse, although that is unlikely. Casamayor had $6,600 withheld from his purse for a child-support claim, which Kizer said the commission would not interfere with.

The 40-year-old Casamayor (38-6-1, 22 KOs), a 1996 Cuban Olympic gold medalist who is long past his prime, had problems making weight. He was one pound over the 140-pound limit and needed a second try nearly two hours later to make weight the day before the fight.

Casamayor showed very little as Bradley (28-0, 12 KOs) steamrolled him. Bradley knocked him down in the fifth, sixth and eighth rounds before cornerman Miguel Diaz threw in the towel and referee Vic Drakulich stopped the fight.

http://tinyurl.com/85mhhvs
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Casamayor tests positive for weed Empty Re: Casamayor tests positive for weed

Post  Diego408 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:41 pm

hopefully this is the end of Casa.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:45 pm

He is totally finished. When he went down the second time, he looked like he was going to walk right out of the ring.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:48 pm

I could care less to be honest, Casa has earned the right to smoke a couple joints.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I could care less to be honest, Casa has earned the right to smoke a couple joints.

Not when he's getting paid to perform as bad as he did. But that's on Arum and Bitch Bradley for even allowing the fight to happen

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I could care less to be honest, Casa has earned the right to smoke a couple joints.

Not when he's getting paid to perform as bad as he did. But that's on Arum and Bitch Bradley for even allowing the fight to happen

That Katsidis fight has earned him brownie points in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Casamayor tests positive for weed 1428510
Should've been fighting with the weed gloves
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Casamayor tests positive for weed 1428510
Should've been fighting with the weed gloves

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:22 pm

I would love to hear the commission explain how weed helped him or had the potential to help him in this fight.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Frank wrote:I would love to hear the commission explain how weed helped him or had the potential to help him in this fight.

That's the problem. He stunk it up and got paid. But as said, that's Arum's fault for terrible matchup.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

That Katsidis fight has earned him brownie points in my book.

happy brownies
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down