The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

huck vs povetin scoring

+3
Norm1023
dbudge
captainanddew
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

huck vs povetin scoring - Page 3 Empty Re: huck vs povetin scoring

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:46 pm

I didnt have an issue with Povetkin winning that but I thought Huck won. But what is with the wide scores?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:46 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I told Ali he was a lard ass at 229 pounds

as did I. He needs to weigh about 220 pounds.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:47 pm

captainanddew wrote:

Shit he looked like 20 pounds overweight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I didnt have an issue with Povetkin winning that but I thought Huck won. But what is with the wide scores?

it is bullshit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I'm being generous saying lose 10 pounds and come in at 220.

I said after the weigh in pics that Povetkin's lean body mass was about the same or a few pounds more than Huck. Huck weighed around 210 and Povetkin 229 and the difference in lean body mass probably is only 4-5 pounds max. Rest is fat.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I didnt have an issue with Povetkin winning that but I thought Huck won. But what is with the wide scores?

it is bullshit.
The scoring in Boxing over the last year has been very very corrupt. I think Grant is right we have seen a lot of controversy lately. This fight wasnt one of those because of how close it was but the scores suggest it either way.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I'm being generous saying lose 10 pounds and come in at 220.

I said after the weigh in pics that Povetkin's lean body mass was about the same or a few pounds more than Huck. Huck weighed around 210 and Povetkin 229 and the difference in lean body mass probably is only 4-5 pounds max. Rest is fat.
He needs to drop 20 pounds easy. I just dropped 18 and I am 6'4 199 right now and I still have some fat. That guy is maybe 6 foot.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

it is bullshit.
The scoring in Boxing over the last year has been very very corrupt. I think Grant is right we have seen a lot of controversy lately. This fight wasnt one of those because of how close it was but the scores suggest it either way.

if 2 judges had it 7-5 Povetkin and one judge a draw I would have disagreed. I though Huck won 5 rounds clearly and I gave Huck 2 of the 4 ultra close rounds.

But on my card the lowest I think Huck should have scored was 113. He won 5 rounds at the least.

That is why the 116-112 card makes me immediately scratch my head. That judge not only gave Povetkin all 4 of the very close rounds, but also thought Povetkin won 1 of the rounds that Huck won.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:54 pm

i think you're all being a bit unfair on Povetkin.... because he won an olympic gold medal he's expected to go onto great things... well Audley Harrison won an olympic gold...

Marco Huck is a good fighter. he is a big cruiserweight, a strong cruiserweight with good power and a tremendous desire to win. i've never seen Huck in a dull fight...

stanley christodolou scored the fight by the widest margin. he is a well respected judge and referee.

i thought Povetkin won 115-113

i dont think Huck goes back down to cruiserweight, he looked strong at heavyweight against one of the highest ranked in the division...

imagine Huck vs Chisora........ geeeeeeeeeeeez that would be one helluva fight!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:54 pm

I find it hard to believe that Huck won only 4 rounds.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:56 pm

dbudge wrote:i think you're all being a bit unfair on Povetkin.... because he won an olympic gold medal he's expected to go onto great things... well Audley Harrison won an olympic gold...

Marco Huck is a good fighter. he is a big cruiserweight, a strong cruiserweight with good power and a tremendous desire to win. i've never seen Huck in a dull fight...

stanley christodolou scored the fight by the widest margin. he is a well respected judge and referee.

i dont think Huck goes back down to cruiserweight, he looked strong at heavyweight against one of the highest ranked in the division...

I didnt have an issue with Povetkin winning we just thought the scoring was a little wide.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

captainanddew wrote:I find it hard to believe that Huck won only 4 rounds.

i find it hard to believe that 2 white heavyweights gave us a fight that exciting lol

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:58 pm

dbudge wrote:
captainanddew wrote:I find it hard to believe that Huck won only 4 rounds.

i find it hard to believe that 2 white heavyweights gave us a fight that exciting lol
LOL It was a good scrap.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
dbudge wrote:i think you're all being a bit unfair on Povetkin.... because he won an olympic gold medal he's expected to go onto great things... well Audley Harrison won an olympic gold...

I didnt have an issue with Povetkin winning we just thought the scoring was a little wide.

I'm tired of scores coming out that doesn't seem to be in the realm of reason. I thought for sure Huck won 5 rounds, that I didn't consider toss ups. 5 Huck rounds. I gave Huck 2 of the 4 rounds I was thinking whoa that was close and hard to score. That is how I got 7-5 Huck. But even if I gave Povetkin all 4 close rounds my scorecard is still 115-113. I don't have another round that I would have considered giving to Povetkin.

116-112 Povetkin wasn't even possible on my card.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:04 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I'm tired of scores coming out that doesn't seem to be in the realm of reason. I thought for sure Huck won 5 rounds, that I didn't consider toss ups. 5 Huck rounds. I gave Huck 2 of the 4 rounds I was thinking whoa that was close and hard to score. That is how I got 7-5 Huck. But even if I gave Povetkin all 4 close rounds my scorecard is still 115-113. I don't have another round that I would have considered giving to Povetkin.

116-112 Povetkin wasn't even possible on my card.
Same here.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 pm

boxing's a subjective sport i guess. whilst i think that Huck gave an excellent account of himself i think Povetkin outboxed him throughout the fight. for the first 2 minutes of the 12th round povetkin outboxed Huck but Huck landed some big telling blows and you gave Huck a big 12th round.... it depends what you're judging the fight based on

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:23 pm

been looking online at different sites. Alot of people scoring for Huck. Decent amount of draws. Very few for Povetkin. Not a damn person giving Povetkin 8 rounds.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:been looking online at different sites. Alot of people scoring for Huck. Decent amount of draws. Very few for Povetkin. Not a damn person giving Povetkin 8 rounds.

I say bring back No Decision, and let the outcome come by media consensus. Drastic, sure. But judging has become such a disgrace it's not even fun watching good fights when you know the winner is going to get fucked over.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:14 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote:been looking online at different sites. Alot of people scoring for Huck. Decent amount of draws. Very few for Povetkin. Not a damn person giving Povetkin 8 rounds.

I say bring back No Decision, and let the outcome come by media consensus. Drastic, sure. But judging has become such a disgrace it's not even fun watching good fights when you know the winner is going to get fucked over.

the problem is that it's become too accepted for the hometown fighter to get given the gift decision. even the loser benefits from it... look at Chisora vs Helenius for example, that has got to be one of the worst decisions in boxing history but Chisora ends up with the World title shot next time round. im sure Campillo will get a title shot against one of the other strap holders soon. it seems to be an accepted part of the business

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:47 am

dbudge wrote:the problem is that it's become too accepted for the hometown fighter to get given the gift decision. even the loser benefits from it... look at Chisora vs Helenius for example, that has got to be one of the worst decisions in boxing history but Chisora ends up with the World title shot next time round. im sure Campillo will get a title shot against one of the other strap holders soon. it seems to be an accepted part of the business

It's an ugly Catch-22 in boxing. What you do? You want fighters to grow a big hometown fanbase but home cooking become just become too big to ignore. You can not gurantee a fair fight anywhere in the world against the hometown fighter. Not just limited to Germany. The US has had some worst hometown decisions.

So what you do? Nuetral location you get smaller gate and less of a crowd. I'm at the point where I'll take a more fair fight over a bigger crowd. Sad it has to come to this.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:28 am

GrantZilla wrote:
dbudge wrote:the problem is that it's become too accepted for the hometown fighter to get given the gift decision. even the loser benefits from it... look at Chisora vs Helenius for example, that has got to be one of the worst decisions in boxing history but Chisora ends up with the World title shot next time round. im sure Campillo will get a title shot against one of the other strap holders soon. it seems to be an accepted part of the business

It's an ugly Catch-22 in boxing. What you do? You want fighters to grow a big hometown fanbase but home cooking become just become too big to ignore. You can not gurantee a fair fight anywhere in the world against the hometown fighter. Not just limited to Germany. The US has had some worst hometown decisions.

So what you do? Nuetral location you get smaller gate and less of a crowd. I'm at the point where I'll take a more fair fight over a bigger crowd. Sad it has to come to this.

and it isn't robberies most of the time. It isn't the Helenius Chisora style decisions we see most of the time.

It is decisions like this one. Where it seems a decent majority thinks one fighter won the fight, but a couple of judges have the other guy winning by 3-4 pts.

Tired of having scorecards and after the fight I could flip every round I thought was close and still not have the score the judges have.

If it was just me, but alot of times it is many of us thinking the official judges are off.

Also, what about all the fights where a hometown fighter(or bigger name) wins a fight clearly. Fighter A wins 8-9 rounds but on the official cards they score it 11-1. Sick of that shit too.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 am

You can always count on that one crazy scorecard in a fight. That judge is clearly paid off to protect the promoted fighter and save face with them. So that fighter or promote can say it was a close "split decision" fight, when it was anything but.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Didn't see the fight although it sounds like it was a good one. I just saw the documentary for Freakonomics and remembered the Japanese sumo wrestlers. To fix the cheating scandal they used statistical evidence to make a strong argument that it was in fact happening and publicized the results. It fixed the problem for a while until people got complacent. I think boxing is the same. All it needs is more transparency and accountability.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3