The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joke WBC will now have open scoring

5 posters

Go down

Joke WBC will now have open scoring Empty Joke WBC will now have open scoring

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 pm

As much as I'd love to ignore anything having to do with these ABC garbage orgs, as long as fighters continue to value and fight for these garbage belts, got to know what's up with them.

WBC affiliated countries and their commissions to adhere to the open scoring- announcement of the score after the fourth and eight rounds in WBC sanctioned fights. If a particular country’s commissions decides not to follow this decree, the WBC supervisor will notify their respective fighter’s corners of the score privately then.

http://tinyurl.com/86bkuzj

Blah!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Joke WBC will now have open scoring Empty Re: Joke WBC will now have open scoring

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:03 pm

So a guy up three rounds in a close fight can run or at least not engage his opponent for the final two or so rounds so he can secure his "victory". This is a great idea.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Joke WBC will now have open scoring Empty Re: Joke WBC will now have open scoring

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:06 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:So a guy up three rounds in a close fight can run or at least not engage his opponent so he can secure his "victory". This is a great idea.

Yeah, just like what they do in Olympic "boxing." And we all know that is can't miss excitment. Guys slapping, getting a lead, and then running to secure it and get the win
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:So a guy up three rounds in a close fight can run or at least not engage his opponent so he can secure his "victory". This is a great idea.

Yeah, just like what they do in Olympic "boxing." And we all know that is can't miss excitment. Guys slapping, getting a lead, and then running to secure it and get the win

I really can't wait. This is such a good a good idea. With this new system I can turn off fights early and catch my favorite skits on Saturday Night Live without having the fear of missing any action or surprises in the fight. Thanks WBC!!!! Always looking out for the fans!!!!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:36 pm

at least when a robbery is coming I can go to bed or watch a movie instead.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:27 pm

I know the WBA does this shit, but don't most states ignore it anyways?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:58 am

I thought the WBC was the one that already did this. Also, the US ignores this rule but I didn't know the fighters were still informed. Now I can check to see if there are any insane strategy changes in the 5th or 9th rounds to give me a hint of the scores.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:48 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I thought the WBC was the one that already did this. Also, the US ignores this rule but I didn't know the fighters were still informed. Now I can check to see if there are any insane strategy changes in the 5th or 9th rounds to give me a hint of the scores.
+1 WBC has done this in previous fights already and open scoring is usually used in outside of the US (seen it in Mexico) and this has been a rule for a few years already.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down