The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re-watching and re-scoring fights

5 posters

Go down

re-watching and re-scoring fights Empty re-watching and re-scoring fights

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:56 pm

i have a problem with people re-watching a fight and then re-scoring it. i mean, its fine to do it but you will pretty much always score it differently the second time around. thats because you start looking for things specifically and stop watching how you would normally watch and score a fight. i could score many past fights for the loser if i watched them a few times. thats because you can always find reasons to give someone a round even if you didnt give them it the first time around.

thats why i think that looking back on a fight isnt a good way to judge how a fight actually went because you have biases and things that you are really looking for. could i have found enough rounds for pac to have won the fight last night? of course. if im trying, i could argue most of the rounds, but it doesnt mean that he should have won the rounds.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

re-watching and re-scoring fights Empty Re: re-watching and re-scoring fights

Post  dmar5143 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:05 pm

powerpuncher your reasons are not exactly correct..by that i mean a person doesnt look for stuff differently but to reevalute what they saw.example the other 2 pac-marquez fights i scored 3 times.every round the same way.the same for example with ali-frazier one.the fight last night realy was close and if a 8-4 score for either fighter in this case can be honestly justified.8-4 sounds like a clear or dominate type win.there are fights like this one dispite a 8-4 score shows otherwise.
i also did the leanord-hagler fight 3 times and changed just one round..i do it in all big fights that are controversial so to speak.im my case only i look at the fight the same way as always.with deep consintration.maybe even to validify or reenforce my score of the fight.after i rewatch the fight and look at what rounds i had for who etc etc only then do i try to understand why the controversy or why others had it far differnt then myself or why 2 judges appear so far appart.theres nothing wrong with that and theres no hidden meaning.in the case of last nights fight as well as others you can enjoy the fight more sometimes.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 pm

I never re-score fights because I think I am perfect and to re-score a fight would be questioning myself and that is just not possible. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I never re-score fights because I think I am perfect and to re-score a fight would be questioning myself and that is just not possible. Very Happy
...lol lol lol you made my day.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:47 am

I totally understand powerpunchers point. Besides, judges don't get to re watch fights. Fights have to be called like they're seen the first time. By the way I had JMM winning again the second time I saw the fight. Another thing I find funny is that HBO is running promo's for the reair and all the highlights contain shots doled out by JMM, I guess they couldn't find any from the "winner" to throw in there. .
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:34 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:I totally understand powerpunchers point. Besides, judges don't get to re watch fights. Fights have to be called like they're seen the first time. By the way I had JMM winning again the second time I saw the fight. Another thing I find funny is that HBO is running promo's for the reair and all the highlights contain shots doled out by JMM, I guess they couldn't find any from the "winner" to throw in there. .
I think it was due to Marquez landing the more effective and telling blows throughout the fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:36 am

Diego408 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:I totally understand powerpunchers point. Besides, judges don't get to re watch fights. Fights have to be called like they're seen the first time. By the way I had JMM winning again the second time I saw the fight. Another thing I find funny is that HBO is running promo's for the reair and all the highlights contain shots doled out by JMM, I guess they couldn't find any from the "winner" to throw in there. .
I think it was due to Marquez landing the more effective and telling blows throughout the fight.

Of course it was and thats why most of us had him winning.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down