The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK so who will make the biggest splash this year in Boxing?

+5
UBeeg9cats
Rum Capital
kbyte
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
9 posters

Go down

OK so who will make the biggest splash this year in Boxing? Empty OK so who will make the biggest splash this year in Boxing?

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Just your early predictions on who will have the best year.

Mine is Gamboa. I am really thinking he will break out and start to become a star this year. I would have picked Cloud before but not now LOL.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OK so who will make the biggest splash this year in Boxing? Empty Re: OK so who will make the biggest splash this year in Boxing?

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Maybe Seth Mitchell. Provided he fights and beats some decent opponents.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

OK so who will make the biggest splash this year in Boxing? Empty Re: OK so who will make the biggest splash this year in Boxing?

Post  kbyte Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:28 pm

I hope Rios does.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:41 pm

bronner...IF he gets past eloy tomorrow which won't be easy. But if he beats perez he automatically becomes THE man at 130 and could be facing gamboa late this year if gamboa loses to rios.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 am

I will go with lightweight Dannie Williams. Has had multiple highlight reel KOs and gets his chance against Lundy in March. Lightweight is opening up because Rios, Guerrero, and JMM are leaving a HUGE vacuum at the top of that division.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I will go with lightweight Dannie Williams. Has had multiple highlight reel KOs and gets his chance against Lundy in March. Lightweight is opening up because Rios, Guerrero, and JMM are leaving a HUGE vacuum at the top of that division.
im going to the lundy-williams fight can't wait
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:14 am

Rum Capital wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I will go with lightweight Dannie Williams. Has had multiple highlight reel KOs and gets his chance against Lundy in March. Lightweight is opening up because Rios, Guerrero, and JMM are leaving a HUGE vacuum at the top of that division.
im going to the lundy-williams fight can't wait

Should be a very good fight. I expect Lundy to outbox Williams for a decent chunk of the fight but I think Dannie will catch up to him sooner or later.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:14 am

Broner.

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:37 pm

just wow!i guess i'll forgive you all because your not in the loop,but it's of course anthony"the man"mundine.he's stated that this year he's only fighting the big fights,he's gone to america & by years end he expects to have beaten cotto,mayweather & signed to fight pac in 2013 Funny Shit

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Maybe Seth Mitchell. Provided he fights and beats some decent opponents.

Damn I hope you are right. I almost picked him I just didnt know if the guy will step up this year or not.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Gary Russell
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:07 pm

captainanddew wrote:Gary Russell

Gary Russell Jnr will be the big story this year..... truly a class act

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Maybe Seth Mitchell. Provided he fights and beats some decent opponents.

Damn I hope you are right. I almost picked him I just didnt know if the guy will step up this year or not.

I think he will. Seems HBO likes him. So I expect him to be on HBO in the future.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Just your early predictions on who will have the best year.

Mine is Gamboa. I am really thinking he will break out and start to become a star this year. I would have picked Cloud before but not now LOL.

my man Mark, do you think Gamboa gets through Rios?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:41 am

Tim Bradley. I think he definitely has a shot against Pacquiao and if he wins that fight it's all he needs. If not him I'm going with Amir Khan. I think he beats Peterson and goes will clean up the other contenders at 147.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:06 am

captainanddew wrote:

Yes. Gamboa not only has power but his speed will give Rios hell. I see that fight being a great fight though.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Yes. Gamboa not only has power but his speed will give Rios hell. I see that fight being a great fight though.
I think that too, but I have no idea what Rios will show up. I feel like he doesn't take care of himself and it's caught up to him. If he's able to come in like his buddy Victor Ortiz - big, strong, and with his motor and tank - I don't see Gamboa beating Rios at his best. But Gamboa could definitely be the breakout star.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Gumby wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I think that too, but I have no idea what Rios will show up. I feel like he doesn't take care of himself and it's caught up to him. If he's able to come in like his buddy Victor Ortiz - big, strong, and with his motor and tank - I don't see Gamboa beating Rios at his best. But Gamboa could definitely be the breakout star.
It just depends if Rios can take Gamboa's power shots. If he can and with Gamboa's combination of speed and power that is a big if then Gamboa will have to outbox him. The good thing about Gamboa is he has options in this fight Rios does not.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down